Westlake Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Westlake Chemical

Process Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Westlake Chemical.

Interview

Entire process took a month. From initial contact from recruiter to background check after accepting offer. Interview with HR manager and I was invited for an onsite interview. Very open and honest people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a very competitive offer and didn't need any negotiations.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sulphur, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Westlake Chemical (Sulphur, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was an all day affair. It started at 9 AM with a panel of 11 people followed by lunch out, after lunch was a plant tour followed by another panel interview with 5 people. The whole affair took about 7 hours. However the large number of people and two panels was due to the fact that they had multiple positions they were trying to fill/multiple managers interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation, what was it, how did you handle it, and what was the result. (Typical behavioral based interview questions.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Westlake Chemical (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Overall, I really appreciated the consistent openness and honesty I encountered throughout the recruiting, hiring and interview processes from start to finish.
    I was approached by a recruiter on LinkedIn and was provided very basic details on the position available. The recruiter shared that Westlake was looking for "someone who could handle a dynamic and challenging environment". First, I had a very brief phone interview who wanted to know about my background. A few weeks later, I was invited to an in-person interview with my would-be Supervisor. He was also very open and honest about the current state of the department and how the organization was moving towards future changes and improvements that I would be a part of should I join the company. The day after the interview, I heard from the recruiter that they were interested in moving forward. I told the recruiter that I was happy at my current company. Two weeks later, the Recruiter asked if I would consider moving forward with the interview process because Westlake was very interested in me as a candidate. When I pushed back, I was informed that I was the candidate of choice and the department leaders were eager to meet with me. Then I was invited to attend 2nd and 3rd round interviews. I found the Senior Business Leaders I met with to be very personable and learned their views on what they were counting on our department to achieve both in the short term and long term. I was also told that Westlake needed a person in this job role who could survive in the current environment and adapt and drive changes throughout the organization over time. When I received the offer, it was competitive, but the main factor in my final decision was the challenge and excitement of getting to be a part of an established and reputable company and the professional development opportunities that I would be a part with Westlake Chemical.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type of person who makes things happen or who would prefer to sit back and let things happen?   1 Answer