Westlake Chemical

Candidate Interview Review

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Westlake Chemical in November 2013.

Overall, I really appreciated the consistent openness and honesty I encountered throughout the recruiting, hiring and interview processes from start to finish.
    I was approached by a recruiter on LinkedIn and was provided very basic details on the position available. The recruiter shared that Westlake was looking for "someone who could handle a dynamic and challenging environment". First, I had a very brief phone interview who wanted to know about my background. A few weeks later, I was invited to an in-person interview with my would-be Supervisor. He was also very open and honest about the current state of the department and how the organization was moving towards future changes and improvements that I would be a part of should I join the company. The day after the interview, I heard from the recruiter that they were interested in moving forward. I told the recruiter that I was happy at my current company. Two weeks later, the Recruiter asked if I would consider moving forward with the interview process because Westlake was very interested in me as a candidate. When I pushed back, I was informed that I was the candidate of choice and the department leaders were eager to meet with me. Then I was invited to attend 2nd and 3rd round interviews. I found the Senior Business Leaders I met with to be very personable and learned their views on what they were counting on our department to achieve both in the short term and long term. I was also told that Westlake needed a person in this job role who could survive in the current environment and adapt and drive changes throughout the organization over time. When I received the offer, it was competitive, but the main factor in my final decision was the challenge and excitement of getting to be a part of an established and reputable company and the professional development opportunities that I would be a part with Westlake Chemical.

Interview Questions
    • Are you the type of person who makes things happen or who would prefer to sit back and let things happen?   View Answer