Westlake Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, typing test, personality test along with basic math and english skills test. I was invited to a personal interview. Showed up 30 minutes early to take a writing test. The recruiter never showed to administer the test. The interviewers were 15 minutes late. Their questions were scattered and I don't believe they knew what they were looking for in the position. The requirements asked for typical litigation paralegal functions however they asked about code writing, Microsoft SQL Server and report building. 10 minutes in, one of the interviewers left but not before I was asked for a legal writing sample. I was left discussing stocks and other topics completely unrelated to the position. The last interviewer went on about how he graduated law school but never passed the bar. I would recommend HR and that line of business have a conversation about what they want. I have over 10 years of litigation paralegal experience working in house for one of the largest companies in the US along with a JD and paralegal cert ......and I left with no idea what they were asking for. Maybe a law clerk/IT professional/investment banker/car salesman? Who knows but its a good representation of the company.....

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to write code for SQL?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

Nothing really out of the ordinary. Seemed very casual.

Interview Questions

• Cannot think of any specific questions...It was more like a conversation with a friend and I asked some questions.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The initial phone interview lasted about an hour, I was being to talk about my past experiences and current projects. The interview consisted mostly behavioral questions and minimal technical questions were involved. After the interview I was being asked to submit several code examples of my own. I sent roughly three emails afterward and expected to hear from them as they promised me that regardless of the outcome I would hear feedback. , however I did not hear anything after multiple email attempts, which I found to be very unprofessional.

Entry Level Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

I received a phone call 2 days after I submitted my resume through our school career website. The HR representative asked me if i need sponsorship from the company and my education background kind questions. And she scheduled an skype interview for me first. During the skype interview, the two interviewors from the risk management team are very nice and professional. They asked questions based on my resume, working experiences with specific details. And also my extracuricular activites. They also asked me a probability questin. After the skype interview, they emailed me a spreadsheet with datas on it. And they require you to analyze the data and answer a question in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 5 people are sitting around a circle. What is the probability that A is sitting next to B   3 Answers

Insurance Claims Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Firstly was contacted via phone, was asked what some of the current trends are in the industry i work in, was also asked what some of the challenges are. Was called in for a face to face interview shortly after. This interview was very reasonable and I felt like I answered the questions well, but apparently not well enough.

Interview Questions

• With your lack of experience, how would you be able to compete with other candidates that have much more experience than yourself?   1 Answer

Non-Sales Managerial Position (Corporate Support) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had been out of work for just a couple of weeks due to a layoff when I received a call from WF on a Friday afternoon. I sent it to voicemail so I could quickly look up the company before calling. I was aggressive in my job search and for some reason thought WF was a regular financial services company (-I have worked in FS before). After finding out that it was sub-prime auto lender, I had mixed feelings about calling this company back, especially after reading some stories and complaints about some of the shady practices of this company with changing people's due dates or outright lying to them. After receiving some bad advice from people who said I should give them a chance, I called back the hiring manager on a Monday and was asked questions about my experience. Immediately when I started speaking to him, I got the impression of a non-friendly type of guy who I wouldn't want to work for. This particular manager questioned me on every detail of my past experience, but not in an inquiring type of way, but in an accusatory type of way, especially when I mentioned my layoff. I've had phone interviews before, and the interaction in this phone interview reminded me of dealing with a used car salesman with very aggressive, defensive attitudes. When I got off the phone, I felt like I needed to take a shower. I understand this is a sub-prime auto lender, but there is something very shady about this place, and aside from desperation of not having a job, I don't know how people can work here and feel good about themselves. I would have had a hard time working for a place like this that targets the poor, the uneducated, or the desperate. I actually tried to go online after the phone interview to delete/rescind my application. The sub-prime auto lending industry is currently unregulated and very predatory, so expect this bubble to pop just like the housing industry a few years ago.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Westlake Financial?   2 Answers

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

I was called in for a group interview for and HR Assistant position. I was told to get there 20 minutes early to fill out a lengthy application. Receptionist was kinda snobby which left a bad impression. Interviewed alone with HR Mgr & HR Coordinator. Pleasant interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years? Kinda cliche...but hard at the same time   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received call from hiring manager saying he would be in my city for interviews and I was was of 3 people he had chosen to meet with. Hiring manager held interview in the hotel lobby , he explained the position well and ask questions regarding my sales experience my desire to travel regionally etc.. But when he made it clear he wasnt the decision maker, I knew I was done.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult question at all. He asked "how do you feel about traveling?"   Answer Question