Westlake Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Commision position.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had been out of work for just a couple of weeks due to a layoff when I received a call from WF on a Friday afternoon. I sent it to voicemail so I could quickly look up the company before calling. I was aggressive in my job search and for some reason thought WF was a regular financial services company (-I have worked in FS before). After finding out that it was sub-prime auto lender, I had mixed feelings about calling this company back, especially after reading some stories and complaints about some of the shady practices of this company with changing people's due dates or outright lying to them. After receiving some bad advice from people who said I should give them a chance, I called back the hiring manager on a Monday and was asked questions about my experience. Immediately when I started speaking to him, I got the impression of a non-friendly type of guy who I wouldn't want to work for. This particular manager questioned me on every detail of my past experience, but not in an inquiring type of way, but in an accusatory type of way, especially when I mentioned my layoff. I've had phone interviews before, and the interaction in this phone interview reminded me of dealing with a used car salesman with very aggressive, defensive attitudes. When I got off the phone, I felt like I needed to take a shower. I understand this is a sub-prime auto lender, but there is something very shady about this place, and aside from desperation of not having a job, I don't know how people can work here and feel good about themselves. I would have had a hard time working for a place like this that targets the poor, the uneducated, or the desperate. I actually tried to go online after the phone interview to delete/rescind my application. The sub-prime auto lending industry is currently unregulated and very predatory, so expect this bubble to pop just like the housing industry a few years ago.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Westlake Financial?   2 Answers

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Apply for the job or college recruiter will give you an app to apply for. First interview is over the phone. The second and third interview are in person with sales managers and senior execs

Interview Questions

• Why Westlake financial as opposed to other banks   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations, its take this or nothing

Franchise Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Westlake Services in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was average, know your stuff! Be prepared to answer all questions truthfully. If you show your on top of your game and want to be number one show it, process took 1 week. If you have the drive to better yourself show it, be honest and upfront. Don't lie you will regret it. Keys to success are learn, learn, learn. The company will offer more than enough training to get you by, and do not be afraid to ask your management for help, everyone is more than willing to help you, your success shows upon them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Auro Securities Broker/Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I did a three person panel interview. Asked questions on my resume and my past experiences.The atmoshere was very easy-going. They understood I was a bit nervous, my temp position was ending, and this my way of staying on board. I remember I was the last person they were seeing that day for the program, but they treated my like I was the first person they saw.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell the value of my ca - why I choose it, what did I like about it, etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

I came with a strong sales background which added to my having a degree. The program is set, you get a standard salary for a year, and then roll into the regualar sales compensation plan.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Westlake Services in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received call from hiring manager saying he would be in my city for interviews and I was was of 3 people he had chosen to meet with. Hiring manager held interview in the hotel lobby , he explained the position well and ask questions regarding my sales experience my desire to travel regionally etc.. But when he made it clear he wasnt the decision maker, I knew I was done.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult question at all. He asked "how do you feel about traveling?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

I received a phone call 2 days after I submitted my resume through our school career website. The HR representative asked me if i need sponsorship from the company and my education background kind questions. And she scheduled an skype interview for me first. During the skype interview, the two interviewors from the risk management team are very nice and professional. They asked questions based on my resume, working experiences with specific details. And also my extracuricular activites. They also asked me a probability questin. After the skype interview, they emailed me a spreadsheet with datas on it. And they require you to analyze the data and answer a question in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 5 people are sitting around a circle. What is the probability that A is sitting next to B   3 Answers

Interview

The initial phone interview lasted about an hour, I was being to talk about my past experiences and current projects. The interview consisted mostly behavioral questions and minimal technical questions were involved. After the interview I was being asked to submit several code examples of my own. I sent roughly three emails afterward and expected to hear from them as they promised me that regardless of the outcome I would hear feedback. , however I did not hear anything after multiple email attempts, which I found to be very unprofessional.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

Nothing really out of the ordinary. Seemed very casual.

Interview Questions

• Cannot think of any specific questions...It was more like a conversation with a friend and I asked some questions.   Answer Question

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview process was very casual. Only place that I have began working for in just one interview. Have to have basic financial acumen and helps if you have car sales or finance experience. Just let them know what you can bring to the table and you will probably be hired. Office has car sales feel, all about doing deals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we do the bulk of our business during tax season?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. They start you at a base for 6 mo that drops significantly after then. The goal is to be making high commissions by then...