Westlake Services

Updated Jul 27, 2014
Updated Jul 27, 2014

2.9

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Westlake Services.

I was called in for a group interview for and HR Assistant position. I was told to get there 20 minutes early to fill out a lengthy application. Receptionist was kinda snobby which left a bad impression. Interviewed alone with HR Mgr & HR Coordinator. Pleasant interview

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your self in 5 years? Kinda cliche...but hard at the same time   View Answers (2)

Sales Interview

Typical interview and hiring process.

Take it or leave it.

Collector Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Westlake Services in April 2011.

I did a group Interview where I already had experience in Collections with IRMC previously I worked 2 different campaigns for Direct tv & Western Dental. Where had exceed in maintaining my position as 3rd best Collector from the company keeping my bonus structure high. I learned how to help customer make payment arrangements.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate 12,50 per hour plus Bonus. Instead of 10.00 plus bonus.

Auto Securities Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Westlake Services in March 2013.

Applied through an Indeed posting & heard back later that afternoon
    One Interview, done by the hiring manager for the position -- pretty standard -- he gives a powerpoint presentation of the position & describes the positions expectations
    Turned it over to me to provide my relevant experience & pitch him on why I would be successful in the position

Interview Questions
    • What interest did you have before being contacted by Westlake Financial Services in Auto Loans?   View Answers (2)

The position seemed like if you could mention key words in the interview, you were extended an offer.

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Westlake Services in July 2011.

Interview process was very casual. Only place that I have began working for in just one interview. Have to have basic financial acumen and helps if you have car sales or finance experience. Just let them know what you can bring to the table and you will probably be hired. Office has car sales feel, all about doing deals.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think we do the bulk of our business during tax season?   View Answer
    no negotiation. They start you at a base for 6 mo that drops significantly after then. The goal is to be making high commissions by then...

Insurance Claims Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Westlake Services in July 2012.

Firstly was contacted via phone, was asked what some of the current trends are in the industry i work in, was also asked what some of the challenges are. Was called in for a face to face interview shortly after. This interview was very reasonable and I felt like I answered the questions well, but apparently not well enough.

Interview Questions
    • With your lack of experience, how would you be able to compete with other candidates that have much more experience than yourself?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Westlake Services in February 2012.

Applied online and received call from hiring manager saying he would be in my city for interviews and I was was of 3 people he had chosen to meet with. Hiring manager held interview in the hotel lobby , he explained the position well and ask questions regarding my sales experience my desire to travel regionally etc.. But when he made it clear he wasnt the decision maker, I knew I was done.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult question at all.
      He asked "how do you feel about traveling?"
        Answer Question

Entry Level Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Westlake Services.

I received a phone call 2 days after I submitted my resume through our school career website. The HR representative asked me if i need sponsorship from the company and my education background kind questions. And she scheduled an skype interview for me first. During the skype interview, the two interviewors from the risk management team are very nice and professional. They asked questions based on my resume, working experiences with specific details. And also my extracuricular activites.
    They also asked me a probability questin.
    After the skype interview, they emailed me a spreadsheet with datas on it. And they require you to analyze the data and answer a question in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • 5 people are sitting around a circle. What is the probability that A is sitting next to B   View Answers (3)

Junior Software Engineer Interview

The initial phone interview lasted about an hour, I was being to talk about my past experiences and current projects. The interview consisted mostly behavioral questions and minimal technical questions were involved. After the interview I was being asked to submit several code examples of my own. I sent roughly three emails afterward and expected to hear from them as they promised me that regardless of the outcome I would hear feedback. , however I did not hear anything after multiple email attempts, which I found to be very unprofessional.

Auro Securities Broker/Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Westlake Services in April 2012.

I did a three person panel interview. Asked questions on my resume and my past experiences.The atmoshere was very easy-going. They understood I was a bit nervous, my temp position was ending, and this my way of staying on board. I remember I was the last person they were seeing that day for the program, but they treated my like I was the first person they saw.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to sell the value of my ca - why I choose it, what did I like about it, etc   View Answer
    I came with a strong sales background which added to my having a degree. The program is set, you get a standard salary for a year, and then roll into the regualar sales compensation plan.