Westlake Services Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

I was called in for a group interview for and HR Assistant position. I was told to get there 20 minutes early to fill out a lengthy application. Receptionist was kinda snobby which left a bad impression. Interviewed alone with HR Mgr & HR Coordinator. Pleasant interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years? Kinda cliche...but hard at the same time   2 Answers

Sales Interview

Interview

Typical interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Collector Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Westlake Services in April 2011.

Interview

I did a group Interview where I already had experience in Collections with IRMC previously I worked 2 different campaigns for Direct tv & Western Dental. Where had exceed in maintaining my position as 3rd best Collector from the company keeping my bonus structure high. I learned how to help customer make payment arrangements.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate 12,50 per hour plus Bonus. Instead of 10.00 plus bonus.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, typing test, personality test along with basic math and english skills test. I was invited to a personal interview. Showed up 30 minutes early to take a writing test. The recruiter never showed to administer the test. The interviewers were 15 minutes late. Their questions were scattered and I don't believe they knew what they were looking for in the position. The requirements asked for typical litigation paralegal functions however they asked about code writing, Microsoft SQL Server and report building. 10 minutes in, one of the interviewers left but not before I was asked for a legal writing sample. I was left discussing stocks and other topics completely unrelated to the position. The last interviewer went on about how he graduated law school but never passed the bar. I would recommend HR and that line of business have a conversation about what they want. I have over 10 years of litigation paralegal experience working in house for one of the largest companies in the US along with a JD and paralegal cert ......and I left with no idea what they were asking for. Maybe a law clerk/IT professional/investment banker/car salesman? Who knows but its a good representation of the company.....

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to write code for SQL?   1 Answer

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Akron, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very simple. Had lunch with the regional manager and was basically offered the position on the spot. Had to fill out background check and an online assessment to negotiate salary.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience and asked about situations.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westlake Services.

Interview

Applied online , about a few days letter I received an email from a recruiter to schedule an interview . She also emailed me a link for a basic assessment . Before arriving for the interview you have to take a basic short essay with 3 questions . Interview lasted bout 30 mins, asked basic situational questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yea started at $12 was able to negotiate for $12.50

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

They pretty much hire anyone that comes in with dress clothes and shoes. Be professional and confident. I am only describing sales. II have nothing more to say so now I'm just wasting your time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the worst & best thing an employer has said about you   Answer Question

Westlake Services Response

Jul 13, 2015 – Sr. Corporate Recrutier

Thanks for your review of our interview process. We interview 70-80 people a month for the sales team, however not everyone get extended an offer. We do look beyond the dress clothes. All ... More

Auto Securities Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through an Indeed posting & heard back later that afternoon One Interview, done by the hiring manager for the position -- pretty standard -- he gives a powerpoint presentation of the position & describes the positions expectations Turned it over to me to provide my relevant experience & pitch him on why I would be successful in the position

Interview Questions

• What interest did you have before being contacted by Westlake Financial Services in Auto Loans?   2 Answers

The position seemed like if you could mention key words in the interview, you were extended an offer.

Dealer Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview process was very casual. Only place that I have began working for in just one interview. Have to have basic financial acumen and helps if you have car sales or finance experience. Just let them know what you can bring to the table and you will probably be hired. Office has car sales feel, all about doing deals.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we do the bulk of our business during tax season?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. They start you at a base for 6 mo that drops significantly after then. The goal is to be making high commissions by then...

Insurance Claims Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Westlake Services (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Firstly was contacted via phone, was asked what some of the current trends are in the industry i work in, was also asked what some of the challenges are. Was called in for a face to face interview shortly after. This interview was very reasonable and I felt like I answered the questions well, but apparently not well enough.

Interview Questions

• With your lack of experience, how would you be able to compete with other candidates that have much more experience than yourself?   1 Answer