Westmont Hospitality Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Westmont Hospitality Group

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Westmont Hospitality Group.

two rounds of interviews and lots of questions

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Westmont Hospitality Group in December 2013.

an acquaintance hired me.

Interview Questions
    everyone gets the same offer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gulfport, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Westmont Hospitality Group in December 2013.

Phone interview with Regional Operations Manager, then face to face with Regional Operations Manager, then Skype interview with President of Operations. HR Manager was involved only in arranging next steps and presenting the offer letter. The negotiation was basic as well. There was an initial offer based primarily off of my previous position and increased slightly. I went back to the Regional Operations Manager with a counter offer and they agreed at that point.

Interview Questions
    • None. It was a very basic interview and more about the character one exhibits and their professional experience instead of a behavior based or STAR based interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Westmont Hospitality Group in July 2009.

Long process. First you will be pre-screened by Human Resources. Followed by a face to face with HR. From there, you meet with the Department head. Should that person like you, you then move on to meet with the General Manager. After that, you play the waiting game until you receive word from HR that you have been selected.

Interview Questions
    • What is your approach to providing exceptional service?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Westmont Hospitality Group in January 2014.

I was initially contacted by an analyst from the company, after which the HR manager emailed me for an interview. The interviewers included the HR manager and a person from the department related to the position. The interview took over an hour and in my opinion went very well. My skill set, qualifications and experience were an exact match for the role.

Before leaving the HR manager mentioned that she would get back to me in about 2 weeks. I did not hear from them for over a week. I sent a follow up email to the HR manager, but didn't receive a response. After a couple of days I sent a follow email to the other person questioning me during the interview, but I did not receive a response. I again emailed the HR manager.... same result: no response!

There was complete silence from the interviewers! This was not only extremely unprofessional but also unfair to me as a candidate as I would assume I am still in the running for the position. Such attitude shows unprincipled business standards for this established company and only make me wonder how worse it could have been had I been selected for the position!

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer presented me with a scenario and asked for possible solutions.   Answer Question

Worked for Westmont Hospitality Group? Contribute to the Community!