Weston

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Weston.

Interview Details – The process was structured and went smoothly

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to but was unsuccessful

Assistant Geoscientist I Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Weston in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone call to me asking for an interview. There were three interviews performed by three different people with different titles. One was a staff section manager that worked in the Environmental Department. The other was a consultant that worked mainly with HTRW, and the third was a civil engineer in the environmental department. The interviews spanned two days.

Interview Question – What is it that drew you to Weston?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, they will call you and open negotiation.

Project Scientist Interview

Project Scientist
Edison, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Weston.

Interview Details – Got the interview set up through a head hunter. The interview was not long and very laid back. There was no grilling of questions, just a conversation discussing the company and my experience.

Interview Question – I did not have any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Environmental Engineer Interview

Edison, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weston in January 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by phone by Hiring Manager, scheduled for a face to face interview. There were three interviews that day, one with the office branch manager, one with the office health and safety officer, one with a group leader. I followed up with thank you notes to everyone I interviewed with. I heard back in about two weeks that they wanted to make me a job offer. Negotiations were done in a phone call and then followed with a letter a few days later.

Interview Question – What does the phrase CERCLA mean?   Answer Question

Construction Engineer Interview

Construction Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weston in June 2009.

Interview Details – It went very smooth and quick. Decision maker did the interviewing so lag time was short. Got to meet employees and ask them questions in an unsupervised environment. Salary and PTO were negotiable based on experience. Setup with HR, laptop, company credit card almost immediately.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself..."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple and straight forward.

Very Difficult Interview

Report Coordinator Interview

Norcross, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Weston in February 2012.

Interview Details – Be warned- this job listing isn't what it seems. The listing and initial interview with a recruiter made the position seem like a dual traffic management/quality control role. When, in fact, it is nothing of the sort. The second interview, with the immediate supervisor and the head of the department, revealed that the position is nothing more than glorified secretarial work with a near-100% emphasis on expertise in Microsoft Word. I'm proficient at Word but not exactly an expert desktop publisher (and shouldn't have needed to be, per the initial listing/interview), and upon realizing this, the two people in the second interview began talking to me in mocking tones. Their conduct through this entire process was extremely unprofessional. If Weston wants a desktop publisher, then they should list the opening as such, not waste the time of the overqualified and busy. And they should never be insulting toward these people who are applying for jobs in a tough economy.

Interview Question – The interview eventually devolved into the head of the department asking me about specific Microsoft Word functions. Not exactly useful.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Project Scientist Interview

Assistant Project Scientist
West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Weston in January 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fast once I was called but I submitted my resume over a month prior to the phone call. They needed help fast so I was hired ASAP. It was an easy and relaxed interview with 3 or 4 different people all were very nice people.

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate with.

Project Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Weston in May 2011.

Interview Details –

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details –

Assistant Project Scientist Interview

Assistant Project Scientist
West Chester, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Weston in March 2011.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview discussing position, salary, benefits, growth opportunities, and etc. Then was showed around the company and introduced to everyone on the team I was interviewing for.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and your aspirations?   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Weston in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with three individuals

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you had a disagreement with another employee?   View Answer
  • What are your strong points?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Weston? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weston interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Weston employees and interview candidates.