Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Westpac Banking
- Teller (2)
- Graduate (2)
- IT Graduate (2)
- Westpac CIB Graduate Program (1)
- Home Finance Manager (1)
- Assistant Data Analyst (1)
- Customer Contact Centre (1)
- Local Business Banker (1)
- Middle Office Ops Analyst (Contract) (1)
- People Connect Consultant (1)
- Learning and Development Manager (1)
- Risk Manager (1)
- Engineer (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Personal Banker (1)
- relationship banking (1)
- Chief Operating Officer (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Management Program (1)
- Assistant Private Banker (1)
- Java Architect (1)
- Change Manager (1)
- Intern (1)
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week – interviewed at Westpac Banking (Sydney (Australia)).
After initial screening (resume/cover letter check), offered an hour long interview which (stretched to 1.5hrs). Semi-structured with mostly behavioural questions and more in depth questions about experience. Interview was with one person from HR and one manager from business unit applied for. Focus was more on getting to know myself as opposed to knowing more about what I had done.
- Describe a time where you experienced a challenge and how did you overcome it? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Westpac Banking (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in May 2015.
Aptitude Testing Online
Assessment Centre included the following three tasks:
1. Group Excercise
2. Individual Interview (Partner)
3. Individual Presentation
Found the individual presentation to be the hardest of all three.
Group exercise & interview were a lot easier.
- General Behavioral
Why that stream etc Answer Question
- General Behavioral
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Westpac Banking (Parramatta (Australia)).
I found recruiter Holly to be polite efficient and to the point. She asked excellent questions about my experience and made sure I was comfortable with the requirements for the role. I was well prepared for my interview.
I was informed in a timely manner of the result and was overall a delightful process depute not being given the role.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Westpac Banking (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2014.
I went through consultant. Scheduled an interview very quickly.
Interviewer came very late.
He carried a different person's CV for my interview.
I gave him my CV and my recent award's/recognition letter which he doesn't bother to see.
Interviewer asked question about integration which i have exhaustive experience in my current job for which i have been recognized in my current org and explained him.
- Interviewer is not prepared or occupied with something else. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferAverage Interview
1. Online application - only had to fill in a standard form and provide transcript plus resume, there were no questions to answer nor was there a need to attach a cover letter
2. Online assessments - contained the usual numerical, verbal and logical reasoning as well as a behavioural assessment
3. Video Interview - non behavioural style questions
4. Assessment Centre - interview, group activity, individual presentation
- The interview was fairly relaxed, all behavioural type questions but the individual presentation was quite hard especially with the time constraint Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Westpac Banking (Singapore (Singapore)).
Got the interview through a recruiter. Went for one on one interview in the late afternoon and was shortly informed by recruiter of another interview the next morning. Got offer 2 days later.
- why this particular role? why is it important and give some examples of things to look out for in the course of work. Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
do the preparationg as much as possible. it always comes up with the similar questions like why you apply to this role and y you like westpac also arrive a bit earlier than the appoint time, which makes you can calm down before the interview and hopefully get an offer
- roleplay. but you can check on9 how to prepare for this kind of question Answer Question
consider before acceping the offer and ask for the employees benefits
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Westpac Banking in July 2014.
The process was well facilitated using online interview system after a series of psychometric testing. The interview questions were relatively general. The online interview system did seem to have a few audio issues, however this wasn't too big of an issue.
- What is the name of our CEO? Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNegative Experience
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Westpac Banking (Sydney (Australia)).
I was approached by the hiring manager, by email, to possibly run project as I had previously taken oberon elf his (floundering) projects and team members had spoken highly of me. I met with him in his office (normal meeting rooms in an operational area) and he explained the role. We discussed the rate and he didn't have any significant questions for me.
- No hard questions Answer Question
I was pushed down on rate
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Westpac Banking.
I took my CV directly into the branch then i got my first interview with the branch manager then an personality test then an interview with the regional manger then a whole day trial then waited around three weeks for a contrcat to be drawn
- why would westpac have moved to a saving strategy rather than loaning strategy...namea time you went above and beyond for customer service 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review