Wet Seal Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wet Seal.

After 2 days applying online I got a phone call and had a short phone intrview basically asking about why i wanted to work there,my availability and etc. I was told in two days or a week I might jear back for a face to face interview. The next day I got the call and scheduled a interview.
    We went to the backroom and the interview lasted 10 to 15 minutes. I could tell the manager didn't seem to care much though because as the interview went she just seemed uninterested.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you missed a deadline amd what were the consequences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wet Seal in October 2014.

I applied online and less than a week later I got a call to come in for a interview. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early only to get notice that the workers were not expecting me to come in and the women that I was to be interviewed by was not there. They told me to look around the store and mall and to come back in 20 minutes. 20 minutes later she was still not there however she was to be expected within the next "30 minutes." I left the store without interviewing because I felt that if I made an effort to arrive to the scheduled interview on time then she should've too. It was completely unprofessional and left a bad taste of the company in my mouth. I am very disappointed.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call from a hiring manager. She basically talked to me about why I wanted this job & experience I have related to retail. She told me the requirements and also asked for my availability. Once that was done we set up an interview that was the following week.

The process took a little over a month though & I didn't know if I got the job or if they were still interested bcos I was receiving emails that they would hold my application when it was glitch in the system that they recently updated. My first day for orientation is tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were working with someone and there was a problem but had to meet a deadline. What did you do to fix it?   View Answer
    • Name a time you were dealing with someone difficult? How did you work through it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you assisted someone what was the outcome? good or bad?   Answer Question
    Make sure you choose references that will pick up that will speed up the hiring process bcos wet seal does check your references. Dress in their clothes because some hiring managers do ask about your outfit and how you would sell it to a customer.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wet Seal.

I had two interviews in total. One was through the phone and then the second was in person with the manager! Phone interview was very basic, she just asked general questions about myself. Then the second one was with the general manager. All questions came from a booklet!! Really all you had to do was describe times you experienced certain qualities in your life. After that interview I was called back the next morning and was offered the job. They were looking for part time and only were offering minimum wage. I declined but it def would we a great place to work if you are girly and just want to vibe.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions came from an actual booklet asking about scenarios where you have acted out certain qualities.   Answer Question

Loved the girls that worked there so friendly, But I got a better job offer somewhere else that was paying way more!

Assistant Manager Interview

Interviewed within a week and hired 2 days after. It was a pretty basic interview with questions regarding multitasking. It also it great to be aware of certain ideas and past examples of how you can help manage a team.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wet Seal in August 2014.

I applied on line 2 weeks ago today and was first contacted by an Assistant Manager the following day. She spent about 10 minutes covering basic questions such as my availability and recent work experience. It was her first time doing a phone interview and I spent much of the call reassuring her. I received a call the next morning from the store manager to schedule an interview for the following week (5 days later). This interview lasted about 45 minutes and she followed up the next day. I went in later the same afternoon for the second interview. It was with another manager and lasted 30 minutes. We briefly reviewed some of the questions and covered several other scenario type questions. I was told that the store manager would follow up to set up an interview with the District Manager at the start of the week but have not heard back. The position is part time and has widely varying hours. I am more qualified for a Store Manager position so I don't expect a call back. If I were hiring for this position, I would expect an applicant such as myself to move continue interviewing and move on once they find something better suited to their goals.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you became annoyed with an employee because they weren't working quickly enough. Many of the questions had you describing negative experiences and encounters. They want positivism so turn the answers around to focus on the good.   Answer Question

Temp Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wet Seal.

Applied and called for an interview within a couple of days. Interviewed with one other girl. The person conducting the interview was the store manager. She was very nice and polite. She also clarified interview questions and probed answers if they were too short without any attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of "name a time where school got in the way or was a challenge, how did you fix the situation, and did it work?". A lot of questions where there was a second answer which asked "did what you did work?".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wet Seal.

Applied online took about 2-3 weeks to get a phone call. Interview was two days later. The manager who interviewed me was very calm and chill which helped me to me calm! Had the interview outside the store in the mall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Wet Seal in June 2014.

I went in about 3 weeks ago and asked if they were hiring and the manager said she would post an ad on indeed.com. A few days later a I applied and she called me 2 weeks later saying she liked my application. We did a phone interview then asked me to come into the store for a 1:1 interview the next day. I did the interview and she said she would call me the next day to offer me the job. About 12 hours later she called me and congratulated me about getting the job!

Interview Questions
    • She asked real life situation questions.   View Answer
    She sent me an email with the hourly pay. It's 7.35 an hour.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wet Seal.

I called into the store and asked if they were hiring. The manager gave me the web link to the application. Immediately after submitting it , I called the store to alert the manager that I had submitted. About 2 days later she called me in for a one on one interview. The interview was held right outside of the store at a table. She asked questions like "Have you ever been in a situation where you were unhappy with the result of some thing and n how did you deal with it. " Answer quickly but with honesty. She also asked what inspired my outfit and she wanted me to"sell" her my dress. I wore silver sandals and silver accessories with a pink summery dress with a low back cut. My hair was up in a bun. After the one on one interview she called me the next day for a interview with the district manager. That interview lasted about thirty minutes over the phone. The next day I received a call back and offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught someone stealing?   View Answer
    8.50/hr