Wet Seal Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Hurst, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was slightly intimidating, it was a group interview with myself and two other females and at the end, only one of us would be getting a call back

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a rude customer   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

basic scenario questions on what you would do and why. what your strengths are. what you would bring to the company as management. past experiences and job experience in managing.

Interview Questions

• what was one experience that would help you as a manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

It would be best if you are a fan and/or a customer at Wet Seal. But overall, the interviewing process was very nice. It was mostly about remembering times where you did something good. Such as accomplishments, diversity, and how you dealt with a difficult situation. My advice is to think about it and always end it with something you can change or how it became positive. Remember to smile, express why you love Wet Seal and talk about how great their service is. Also, ask questions to your interviewer. Ask about what the job requires, things like that. Have CONFIDENCE and sell yourself. Let them know that you are a hard worker and love to learn new things. I did not have any retail experience before but if you let them know that you are eager to learn how to sell, it will impress them. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then got called about a month later for an interview. Got a call a week after from the manager that I got the job. It was a group interview, and two managers were doing the interviewing. I can't stress the fact to ask at least one question about the position you are applying for, and have an adequate answer for each question asked. If a manager asks, "would you like to add anything/anymore questions?" It really means, say something more so I know you're interested.

Interview Questions

• Why Wet Seal? The manager strictly said not to say because 'you love fashion, this store has cute clothes; I've heard it all before.'   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online & got a call the next day. Interviewed 3 days after the call & was offered a job 2 days after my interview. The whole thing took about a week. They ask a lot of questions about past scenarios..

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

Applied in person, got a call back for a group interview within days. Was offered the job shortly after,no individual interview necessary. Very relaxed group interview with a lot of behavior based questions (tell a time when you failed and how you dealt with it etc.)

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Took about 2 weeks. Very simple , basic questions you'd get at any interview. Manager was very laid back although the pace of the store was very slow, being seasonal i did not get to work a lot though. Seems like the schedule was based merely on favorites.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call 2-3 weeks later for an interview. The interview went well and the questions were easy. The manager was very nice. After I had my interview, it was less than a week until I got a call saying I was hired and to come in on a certain day to do paperwork. It was my first job, so that was a good news. After doing my paperwork, they gave me my schedule and talked more about how the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (The Woodlands, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewing for a part time position. I had to apply several times and constantly call the store before getting a call back but however when I did I did a 15 minute phone interview which was just asking about my availability and why I want to work at wet seal. After that I was invited for a sit down interview a few days later where we discussed work history and what they are looking for. After a week pasted I received a call offering me only $7.60 per hour because I only had a few months of previous work experience. The manager was nice and we spoke about how they promote from within the company a lot which is great but pay is way too low!

Interview Questions

The only offered me 7.60 an hour part time for only a few months of retail experience. I had to decline, I have a child and bills and 7.60 an hour is nothing!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Went in about twenty minutes early and was told the manager was not in yet so I waited. And waited. And waited. Finally she decided she was off her lunch break and took me into the back room and interviewed me while sounding very bored and very disinterested.