Wet Seal Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.2

I applied online – interviewed at Wet Seal.

I applied online. I got a call 2-3 weeks later for an interview. The interview went well and the questions were easy. The manager was very nice. After I had my interview, it was less than a week until I got a call saying I was hired and to come in on a certain day to do paperwork. It was my first job, so that was a good news. After doing my paperwork, they gave me my schedule and talked more about how the company.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wet Seal in February 2015.

I was interviewing for a part time position. I had to apply several times and constantly call the store before getting a call back but however when I did I did a 15 minute phone interview which was just asking about my availability and why I want to work at wet seal. After that I was invited for a sit down interview a few days later where we discussed work history and what they are looking for. After a week pasted I received a call offering me only $7.60 per hour because I only had a few months of previous work experience. The manager was nice and we spoke about how they promote from within the company a lot which is great but pay is way too low!

Interview Questions

The only offered me 7.60 an hour part time for only a few months of retail experience. I had to decline, I have a child and bills and 7.60 an hour is nothing!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wet Seal.

First interview was a phone call, went very well. Lots of questions asked for examples of scenarios and how you dealt with them, what your weaknesses are, etc. The second interview, outside the store (in this case at the mall), was centered around the same scenario questions, just more in depth.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. Relevant scenarios are always difficult to come up with on the spot, I think.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview questions were very thorough. They want to know that you host interpersonal skills in getting to know the customers want & needs. The district managers are very involved in the store & want a good supportive team for the stores to run well

Interview Questions
    I always decline the first offer & get a higher one

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wet Seal.

Easy ... Talked to the store manager. On the phone and face to face. Then phone interview w district manager. They were very nice but the process was very drawn out

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you gave great customer service.   Answer Question

Low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wet Seal.

Applied when there was still paper applications. Manager called a couple days later asking to come in for interview. She admired that I had clothes in the similar style of clothing (which helped because I was 10-minutes late). Asked the typical questions, but knew I was entry level so the questions were limited. My most typical answer was "Just smile, and it puts customers at ease". She didn't seem to mind and we're very close now.

Interview Questions
    • What is a challenge that you've faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    She asked my pay during the interview, which I was okay with before the offer. If you are a seasonal hire, they will be watching you closely after the holiday season is over and see if you can get on board as a regular hire afterwards.

I applied online – interviewed at Wet Seal.

Two interview process. First through the phone and then in person at the store. Interview were common questions like, tell me of a time when you went beyond expectations. After the interview, was offered the job.

I applied online – interviewed at Wet Seal.

I got a call for an interview 2 weeks after I applied. I had a group interview and the employer went around the circle and asked everyone the same questions .

Interview Questions
    • The questions were more like scenarios. One question was about a give and take situation and name a time when you lashed out on an employee or friend and the reason for doing so   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wet Seal in November 2014.

I applied online. In two weeks I received a call for a small interview over the phone then the interviewer set up an 2nd interview for the next day with the manager. I got there to find out it would be a group interview which was totally fine. The lady who interviewed us was very nice and polite which only made it easy to answer the questions. Once we were done with the interview she said she would notify us in two days.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you exceeded in something?
      mostly were "Tell me about a time ........easy questions nothing to worry

Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Wet Seal.

After 2 days applying online I got a phone call and had a short phone intrview basically asking about why i wanted to work there,my availability and etc. I was told in two days or a week I might jear back for a face to face interview. The next day I got the call and scheduled a interview.
    We went to the backroom and the interview lasted 10 to 15 minutes. I could tell the manager didn't seem to care much though because as the interview went she just seemed uninterested.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you missed a deadline amd what were the consequences?   Answer Question