Wet Seal

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Interviewed within a week and hired 2 days after. It was a pretty basic interview with questions regarding multitasking. It also it great to be aware of certain ideas and past examples of how you can help manage a team.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wet Seal in August 2014.

I applied on line 2 weeks ago today and was first contacted by an Assistant Manager the following day. She spent about 10 minutes covering basic questions such as my availability and recent work experience. It was her first time doing a phone interview and I spent much of the call reassuring her. I received a call the next morning from the store manager to schedule an interview for the following week (5 days later). This interview lasted about 45 minutes and she followed up the next day. I went in later the same afternoon for the second interview. It was with another manager and lasted 30 minutes. We briefly reviewed some of the questions and covered several other scenario type questions. I was told that the store manager would follow up to set up an interview with the District Manager at the start of the week but have not heard back. The position is part time and has widely varying hours. I am more qualified for a Store Manager position so I don't expect a call back. If I were hiring for this position, I would expect an applicant such as myself to move continue interviewing and move on once they find something better suited to their goals.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you became annoyed with an employee because they weren't working quickly enough. Many of the questions had you describing negative experiences and encounters. They want positivism so turn the answers around to focus on the good.   Answer Question

Temp Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wet Seal.

Applied and called for an interview within a couple of days. Interviewed with one other girl. The person conducting the interview was the store manager. She was very nice and polite. She also clarified interview questions and probed answers if they were too short without any attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Something along the lines of "name a time where school got in the way or was a challenge, how did you fix the situation, and did it work?". A lot of questions where there was a second answer which asked "did what you did work?".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wet Seal.

Applied online took about 2-3 weeks to get a phone call. Interview was two days later. The manager who interviewed me was very calm and chill which helped me to me calm! Had the interview outside the store in the mall.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wet Seal.

I called into the store and asked if they were hiring. The manager gave me the web link to the application. Immediately after submitting it , I called the store to alert the manager that I had submitted. About 2 days later she called me in for a one on one interview. The interview was held right outside of the store at a table. She asked questions like "Have you ever been in a situation where you were unhappy with the result of some thing and n how did you deal with it. " Answer quickly but with honesty. She also asked what inspired my outfit and she wanted me to"sell" her my dress. I wore silver sandals and silver accessories with a pink summery dress with a low back cut. My hair was up in a bun. After the one on one interview she called me the next day for a interview with the district manager. That interview lasted about thirty minutes over the phone. The next day I received a call back and offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught someone stealing?   View Answer
    8.50/hr

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wet Seal.

I applied online they called me in for a phone interview in 4 days then I went to a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. After the interview they said they will call my references and call me back in 1 to 2 days but they took 2.5 weeks to call me back.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because it was my first retail job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Wet Seal in June 2014.

I went in about 3 weeks ago and asked if they were hiring and the manager said she would post an ad on indeed.com. A few days later a I applied and she called me 2 weeks later saying she liked my application. We did a phone interview then asked me to come into the store for a 1:1 interview the next day. I did the interview and she said she would call me the next day to offer me the job. About 12 hours later she called me and congratulated me about getting the job!

Interview Questions
    • She asked real life situation questions.   View Answer
    She sent me an email with the hourly pay. It's 7.35 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wet Seal in June 2014.

It's a group interview so you'll be with 2 other girls. They sat us in the mall food court in front of tons of people and just asked up previous work questions/scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us a time where you had to brainstorm to solve a problem.." "Tell us a time when you had to..."   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Wet Seal in June 2014.

I applied online and took the assessment. About three days later an employee contacted me to set up an interview later that week. I wore a cute leopard top, slacks and flats. When I arrived I was told to wait while the other applicants arrived, as it was in a group interview. When the third applicant didn't arrive, the interviewer took the other girl and I to a nearby cafe and sat us down across from her. On the way there the employee was mainly talking to the other girl and didn't say one word to me. I immediately felt uncomfortable when normally I'm extremely confident. Overall the interview was terrible and I could tell she had no interest in me, she was just very rude. She said we would get a call in the next two days in the status of our application. Three weeks went by and I finally received a call asking for another interview. Three weeks later I got a call for a second interview. I got to the store and realized they were interviewing me all over again, and this time it was another employee. She was much nicer and there were many more applicants there. She'd seemed to like me and had gotten my hopes up, however three weeks later I got an email stating I was not hured.

Interview Questions
    • Typical customer service questions, why do you want to work here, what could you bring to our company, how do you follow the latest trends, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wet Seal.

I went into the store asking about an application, and the manager gave me the website address and her phone number. I applied online and called the next day to make she had received it. The she said yes and asked me a few questions over the phone about previous jobs and qualities I can offer to her team. Then I had an interview set up 3 days later and at the end of the interview she offered me the job !

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a little problem that you fixed before it turned into a big problem.   Answer Question