Wet Seal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then got called about a month later for an interview. Got a call a week after from the manager that I got the job. It was a group interview, and two managers were doing the interviewing. I can't stress the fact to ask at least one question about the position you are applying for, and have an adequate answer for each question asked. If a manager asks, "would you like to add anything/anymore questions?" It really means, say something more so I know you're interested.

Interview Questions

• Why Wet Seal? The manager strictly said not to say because 'you love fashion, this store has cute clothes; I've heard it all before.'   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wet Seal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Providence, RI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online & got a call the next day. Interviewed 3 days after the call & was offered a job 2 days after my interview. The whole thing took about a week. They ask a lot of questions about past scenarios..

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

Applied in person, got a call back for a group interview within days. Was offered the job shortly after,no individual interview necessary. Very relaxed group interview with a lot of behavior based questions (tell a time when you failed and how you dealt with it etc.)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

I applied online. I got a call 2-3 weeks later for an interview. The interview went well and the questions were easy. The manager was very nice. After I had my interview, it was less than a week until I got a call saying I was hired and to come in on a certain day to do paperwork. It was my first job, so that was a good news. After doing my paperwork, they gave me my schedule and talked more about how the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

First interview was a phone call, went very well. Lots of questions asked for examples of scenarios and how you dealt with them, what your weaknesses are, etc. The second interview, outside the store (in this case at the mall), was centered around the same scenario questions, just more in depth.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Relevant scenarios are always difficult to come up with on the spot, I think.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Tukwila, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Quick. Received a phone call, then asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. Was hired on the spot. I applied online, and the application was very short and simple. During the time, their internet was shut down so it was hard to finish application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied when there was still paper applications. Manager called a couple days later asking to come in for interview. She admired that I had clothes in the similar style of clothing (which helped because I was 10-minutes late). Asked the typical questions, but knew I was entry level so the questions were limited. My most typical answer was "Just smile, and it puts customers at ease". She didn't seem to mind and we're very close now.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge that you've faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

She asked my pay during the interview, which I was okay with before the offer. If you are a seasonal hire, they will be watching you closely after the holiday season is over and see if you can get on board as a regular hire afterwards.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

I got a call for an interview 2 weeks after I applied. I had a group interview and the employer went around the circle and asked everyone the same questions .

Interview Questions

• The questions were more like scenarios. One question was about a give and take situation and name a time when you lashed out on an employee or friend and the reason for doing so   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

Two interview process. First through the phone and then in person at the store. Interview were common questions like, tell me of a time when you went beyond expectations. After the interview, was offered the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

After 2 days applying online I got a phone call and had a short phone intrview basically asking about why i wanted to work there,my availability and etc. I was told in two days or a week I might jear back for a face to face interview. The next day I got the call and scheduled a interview. We went to the backroom and the interview lasted 10 to 15 minutes. I could tell the manager didn't seem to care much though because as the interview went she just seemed uninterested.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you missed a deadline amd what were the consequences?   Answer Question