Wet Seal

Getting the Interview

44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wet Seal in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at Indeed.Com and I received a phone call 2 days later and she stated it will be a group interview I interviewed with four others and answered some questions then we had to go in the store and create outfits.

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard for me because I had previous retail experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiation because I had only work in retail for 6 months before I started working here. My advice to anybody who wants to work here if you did not have a certain hourly rate before working here they will not budge about negotiating.

Peoria, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wet Seal in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and within about two weeks, I got a call in order to set up an interview. I went in and was asked a lot of very basic questions, and got offered the job a few days later.

Interview Question – How would you know if someone was going to steal?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wet Seal in May 2010.

Interview Details – I just turned in an application, interviewed with the store manager, and was hired the same day. I started work a few days later. He asked simple questions like my availability and wasn't interested in my experience at all. There was no pressure, I pretty much knew I was going to get the position. The interview was just a formality. The position is easy to train, they just want someone with a good attitude.

Interview Question – All the questions were simple.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview Details – one interview then I was hired. Very layed back.

Interview Question – What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Kenner, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wet Seal in August 2013.

Interview Details – Too long ago to remember much. Interview was relaxed, did not feel nervous at all. This position does not need much previous experience.

Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wet Seal in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and got a call from the store manager a week later. The interview process was easy and I was hired on the spot. But that doesn't always happen, the store manager really liked my personality.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to persuade someone and it didn't work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage is what was offered, didn't negotiate because I didn't have experience.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview Details – The applying process must be done online. Once called for an interview you should allow about an hour. There is tons of paperwork involved in the interview process for management so it may take them a while during interview. They will ask tons of scenario questions. Scenarios are in reference to former jobs, school, or home. Honesty is the best policy in this process.

Interview Question – they are all pretty basic and easy   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview Details – so easy! it was a group they told us what they expect and what to do. They asked if you saw someone stealing, what would you do?

Interview Question – there was nothing difficult about it   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application. It took them about 2 weeks to pull my application. I had a phone interview with a assistant manager then I had a face to face interview the next day with the store manager. She was very friendly. She was impressed that everything I wore was Wetseal. A couple hours later she called my references. Then offered me a job later that night.

Interview Question – All the questions were difficult. I was given no scenarios. Just questions about previous jobs and school. I was nervous but the manager was friendly and understanding.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked For 7.50/hr but the manager gave me 8.25/hr so I was very happy.

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wet Seal in July 2013.

Interview Details – I first saw the job opening on Indeed, and I put in my resume three hours after the job was posted. The next day I got a call from the manager asking me if I would be interested in an interview, I said yes. She set me up with a phone interview the next day. She called promptly at three the next day and asked me multiple questions. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and she immediately set me up with an in person interview the next day. I went for the interview the next day and it was held in the food court. She was very professional and friendly and asked many questions. She told me she would check my references and give me a call in a couple of days. She called on my way home and offered me the job.

Interview Question – "When was a time that you tried to persuade someone to do something and succeeded?"

"When was a time that you tried to persuade someone to do something and failed?"

"How has your education prepared you for a position like this?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could've negotiated for more, but I settled on 7.50 because it was the first number I threw out there. I would recommend asking for a little more because she was happy to give me 7.50.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wet Seal

Worked for Wet Seal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wet Seal Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 44 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wet Seal employees and interview candidates.