Wet Seal

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview Details – Applied online took about 2-3 weeks to get a phone call. Interview was two days later. The manager who interviewed me was very calm and chill which helped me to me calm! Had the interview outside the store in the mall.

Interview Question – Questions were based on "experience"   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wet Seal in June 2014.

Interview Details – It's a group interview so you'll be with 2 other girls. They sat us in the mall food court in front of tons of people and just asked up previous work questions/scenarios.

Interview Question – "Tell us a time where you had to brainstorm to solve a problem.." "Tell us a time when you had to..."   View Answer

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Wet Seal in June 2014.

Interview Details – I went in about 3 weeks ago and asked if they were hiring and the manager said she would post an ad on indeed.com. A few days later a I applied and she called me 2 weeks later saying she liked my application. We did a phone interview then asked me to come into the store for a 1:1 interview the next day. I did the interview and she said she would call me the next day to offer me the job. About 12 hours later she called me and congratulated me about getting the job!

Interview Question – She asked real life situation questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – She sent me an email with the hourly pay. It's 7.35 an hour.

Milpitas, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wet Seal in May 2014.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview and then one individual interview with a manager. They like it when you wear their clothes to the interview and appear confident/trendy. They are very sales driven so they want to know how you will persuade someone to buy an item.

Interview Question – When was a time that you tried to persuade someone to do something and failed?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview Details – I applied online they called me in for a phone interview in 4 days then I went to a 1 on 1 interview with a manager. After the interview they said they will call my references and call me back in 1 to 2 days but they took 2.5 weeks to call me back.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because it was my first retail job.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview Details – I went into the store asking about an application, and the manager gave me the website address and her phone number. I applied online and called the next day to make she had received it. The she said yes and asked me a few questions over the phone about previous jobs and qualities I can offer to her team. Then I had an interview set up 3 days later and at the end of the interview she offered me the job !

Interview Question – Give me an example of a little problem that you fixed before it turned into a big problem.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wet Seal in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at Indeed.Com and I received a phone call 2 days later and she stated it will be a group interview I interviewed with four others and answered some questions then we had to go in the store and create outfits.

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard for me because I had previous retail experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiation because I had only work in retail for 6 months before I started working here. My advice to anybody who wants to work here if you did not have a certain hourly rate before working here they will not budge about negotiating.

Peoria, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wet Seal in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and within about two weeks, I got a call in order to set up an interview. I went in and was asked a lot of very basic questions, and got offered the job a few days later.

Interview Question – How would you know if someone was going to steal?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wet Seal in May 2010.

Interview Details – I just turned in an application, interviewed with the store manager, and was hired the same day. I started work a few days later. He asked simple questions like my availability and wasn't interested in my experience at all. There was no pressure, I pretty much knew I was going to get the position. The interview was just a formality. The position is easy to train, they just want someone with a good attitude.

Interview Question – All the questions were simple.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview Details – one interview then I was hired. Very layed back.

Interview Question – What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wet Seal

Worked for Wet Seal? Contribute to the Community!