Weta

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Weta.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the manager and scheduled a one to one interview.
The interview process was standard and the person who interviewed me was very nice.
Received a call back a few days later from HR and received the offer letter the same day.

Interview Question – Why did you want to pursue this field?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Technical Director Interview

Miramar (New Zealand)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Weta in January 2009.

Interview Details – The entire interview process was handled via email. The company vetted all my references prior to contacting me; Weta places a great deal of importance on your references and they will all be contacted and asked to answer a series of questions via email. Once the references were vetted, several more emails were exchanged and finally an offer was extended. There was opportunity for negotiation and good communication during the contract back-and-forth.

Interview Question – Weta did not ask any specific questions of me; all questions went to my references.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. You should always negotiate with a prospective employer since you're entering into a legal agreement that affects you both.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Weta? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weta interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Weta employees and interview candidates.