Weyerhaeuser

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Entry Level Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in April 2011.

The initial application process consisted of standing in line for several hours at the unemployment office. This was followed by a fairly in depth application and a knowledge test. After a few weeks there was a phone interview, a few weeks after that they called to set up a initial interview.

The initial interview was brief and relatively informal it was more of a description of the potential job and a slightly better explanation the remaining interview process. I was informed at this stage that I would be contacted in three to five days if I had been chosen for the next level of the hiring process. After two weeks had passed I assumed they had gone with another candidate when they called to inform me I had made it to the final round of the interview process. They set up a meeting for the following week, a group interview.

I arrived at the "Gauntlet" interview, there were five employees ranging from Human Resources to foremen and supervisors all asking questions and writing in their notebooks. As intimidating as the situation initially appeared they managed to present a fairly relaxed environment throughout the interview. I left feeling like I had made a good impression and was told I would hear from them by the end of the week to hear if I had gotten the job or if they had gone with the other candidate. Friday came and went with no call, it's now been a few months so I assume they went with the other guy.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult questions they ask you are hypothetical situations ranging from co-worker safety violations to witnessing theft or fraud. The interviewers tell you that there are no right or wrong answers to these questions, their facial reactions and writing in their notebooks as you speak are the most difficult portion, it was quite distracting.   Answer Question