Weyerhaeuser

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.9

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in December 2012.

phone interview and panel interview

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in November 2012.

Interview took about 30 minutes and was handled over the phone. Asked basic interview questions, focusing on how to diagnose problems within the facility. I was interviewed by engineering managers after a basic phone screening from a third party recruiter.

Entry Level Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in April 2011.

The initial application process consisted of standing in line for several hours at the unemployment office. This was followed by a fairly in depth application and a knowledge test. After a few weeks there was a phone interview, a few weeks after that they called to set up a initial interview.

The initial interview was brief and relatively informal it was more of a description of the potential job and a slightly better explanation the remaining interview process. I was informed at this stage that I would be contacted in three to five days if I had been chosen for the next level of the hiring process. After two weeks had passed I assumed they had gone with another candidate when they called to inform me I had made it to the final round of the interview process. They set up a meeting for the following week, a group interview.

I arrived at the "Gauntlet" interview, there were five employees ranging from Human Resources to foremen and supervisors all asking questions and writing in their notebooks. As intimidating as the situation initially appeared they managed to present a fairly relaxed environment throughout the interview. I left feeling like I had made a good impression and was told I would hear from them by the end of the week to hear if I had gotten the job or if they had gone with the other candidate. Friday came and went with no call, it's now been a few months so I assume they went with the other guy.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions they ask you are hypothetical situations ranging from co-worker safety violations to witnessing theft or fraud. The interviewers tell you that there are no right or wrong answers to these questions, their facial reactions and writing in their notebooks as you speak are the most difficult portion, it was quite distracting.   Answer Question

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsboro, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsboro, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in November 2010.

They asked me about my education. They asked me about my group participation. They asked me about my previous employers. They asked me how my education would relate to my job position at Weyerhaeuser. They gave me a plant tour. It was really, really fun.

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McComb, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McComb, MS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in October 2009.

Spoke with Employee and was forwarded to HR. HR contacted and set up interview. Interviewed with HR, Employee, 2 Management persons. They asked specific job related questions. Only a few "HR" personality questions and questioned me on how I would rate myself on specific job related skills. Overall it was an interview where both parties communicated the needs of the job and if I met them or not. I had little doubt of the outcome of the interview but was not dissapointed because the job skills/needs were out of my skill set.

GENERAL SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in March 2009.

phone screen, face to face, several rounds. They ask behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    Just an offer with no negotiation.

Director, Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in February 2009.

online application and a resume were required. One on one interview with the hiring manager. A panel interview with 5 people (HR, hiring manager, two co-workers and a bar raiser). 20 min presentation. About 15 questions in total. Some behavioral and some technical. Average difficulty. Management style is top down. Try to finish each question with a positive ending.

Lumber Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in January 2009.

They want experience and opportunities you can bring to the table.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of stupid "what would you do" questions. Just be "team" oriented.   Answer Question
    Ask for everything, they can only say no.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in December 2008.

After applying online, if you are moving forward in the process you get a phone interview. The phone interview really structured around the position and my past experience/qualifications. It was 30 minutes or so long. I then moved forward to an onsite interview which was done by a panel (3 others). They each asked different questions and it was highly behavioral based. Looking at my past experiences for conflict, strengths, teaming, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you had made a commitment to someone, but were asked to do something that conflicted with that commitment. What was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question
    This was early in my career so I didn't feel I had a lot of room to negotiate.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weyerhaeuser in November 2008.

Weyerhaeuser is a very structured company so it was a very strait forward interview process. There were some standard questions from both individuals and in group settings. I would say they were quite comprehensive and behavior based sets of questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I felt the future of technology in construction was.   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary than offered but apparently the initial offer amount took some lobbying internally as well. Their ranges are pretty tight. They pay a fair wage but it is calculated against regional salary norms and local cost of living estimates and blah, blah, blah. Not a lot of room to recruit superstars.