Interview Question

Administrative Support Interview Albany, NY

What have you done in the past with a coworker who would

not follow company policy?
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

Questions were asked as though I was an inexperienced child. Professional courtesy was lacking. One interviewer came out into the busy waiting area in which I sat and announced in a loud voice to me that I was actually on his schedule for yesterday and that if I was willing to wait a half hour, I would be seen. I waited and was then interviewed by 2 other employees as if someone had to be corralled to take care of me. These two employees read questions off of a prepared card. If I did not answer the question the desired way, the interviewer would repeat the question by reading it off the card again as though I might understand if I heard it again. I was told that this was a new position being offered because of a sudden growth in the company due to a merger and that all the responsibilities were not yet established. When I told the interviewers I was interested in the part time position as opposed to the full time position, I was told that the part time position was answering the phone for customers in need. This was not what the employment advertisement stated at all. I thought Met Life wasted my time and theirs. If they treat their employees this way, I would not want to be a customer.

Interview Candidate on Mar 18, 2013