HCL Technologies

www.hcltech.com

HCL Technologies Software Development Engineer in Test Consultant Interview Question

I interviewed in Bellevue, WA and was asked:
"What is a class?"
Tags: technical, c#
Add Tags [?]
Answer

Part of a Software Development Engineer in Test Consultant Interview Review - one of 636 HCL Technologies Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 1
Just because you have years of programming experience, doesn't mean you won’t be asked entry-level question. Prepare for this.
- Interview Candidate on Aug 29, 2009
of 2
votes
This is a reasonable question for a senior person - you should be able to explain basics to a client, manager or junior person.

So a answer could be:

A class is a group of objects with shared properties. Using classes reduces time needed for new coding and simplifies changes.
- Anonymous on Apr 26, 2010
of 1
Take responsibility for your actions. For someone with that much experience, you can't answer this stupid question?
I do interviews and hires and if you gave me that lame excuse, I would terminate the interview on the spot.

Every resume I look at looks the same (same experience, job titles, job responsibility). You need to make the difference in the interview, this is what distinguish you from the other 100 candidates. Hate to say it but, with the economy the way it is, it is easier to be choosy on who I hire.
- An interviewer's take on Oct 9, 2010
of 1
This guy (interview candidate) is hilarious, those three questions are the most fundamental concept of OOP, and he consider OOP entry-level? LOL. What have you done at Microsoft? Non-programming related job? Go back to any college and take a CIS 200 level class. Experience at Microsoft is not a pass for interview questions.
- needajob on Mar 1, 2012