MGM Resorts International

www.mgmresorts.com
Employer Engaged

Interview Question

Training, Instructional Design Interview Las Vegas, NV

What would you do if.... (projector went down, lost power

, computer froze, class got out of control, etc)
Answer

Interview Answer

2 Answers

Just be prepared with an answer like, "Don't panic. Be prepared to adjust to change quickly and with positivity and have your brain in gear to come up with a solution. And always lean towards safety, not risky, and whatever you do, put a positive spin on it. (Lights are out? Fantastic! It's not often we get to do our meeting outdoors! Perfect weather too! We will get you the facts you need to know today and then we will reschedule the greater part of this meeting for another day when the power is more cooperative!)

Interview Candidate on Mar 10, 2011

1. If lights out - it's not going to work we still have to fhinish the class. Wait a few minutes and then ask everyone to stay seated if is really dark for safety's sake/ I call maintenance or custodian or collegue to find out whats going on so I can decide how to proceed 2.Computer locks up, I love computers, don't you -- Okay lets take a 15 minute break while I get this resolved. 3. Class out of control, Everyone lets get back on topic, we need to make it through this section and then we'll take a break. If there is a particular person who is disruptive then at the break I'll pull them aside and ask them to discuss their issues with me in private and to refrain from disruping the class or I'll have to ask them to leave.

CICI on Jul 8, 2011

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.