The Gap
3.4 of 5 1,480 reviews
www.gap.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

The Gap Visual/Merchandising Supervisor Interview Question

"What would you do if you had to deal with an employee who was not meeting expectations, or acted as if they did not want to be there?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Visual/Merchandising Supervisor Interview Review - one of 522 The Gap Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 1
I was a little hesitant at first, I knew what I wanted to say but didn't know if it was right so I had to find out how to word it.

I said something along the lines of... I would do my best to find out what would make the employee happy, perhaps they do not like the fitting rooms, so I would find another task they did enjoy and was good at. Of course I would exhaust all options to develop them into a happy and knowledgeable employee. If this does not work, then perhaps the job is not a fit for them, and I would let them go. I then explained how I felt that unhappy people just drag the rest of us down.
- Interview Candidate on Mar 1, 2011 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees and interview candidates.