Whataburger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

1.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whataburger.

Interview

It was short and brief but asked plenty of questions about previous employer nothing in particular that any other employer wouldn't ask. But be prepared to be on your feet a lot because that is one of the job requirements. Also make good eye contact to show them that you are paying attention and are aware of the questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whataburger

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whataburger.

Interview

Recieved a call approximately 2 weeks after applying and was asked to come in for an interview. General manager of the store sat down and went over everything on the application, and didn't ask very many other questions. It was mostly verifying that all the information you initially provided was accurate.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been convicted of a violent crime?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whataburger (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process for me was a bit of a joke. I applied in person and they asked my availability and asked me to come back the next day to speak with the GM. When I came in I sat down with the same woman who took my application and she had me fill out paperwork. The GM came and sat with me for literally 2 mins then he got up for a phone call. The woman came back and we finished the paperwork and I started the next day. I guess they were desperate for workers.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked any questions other than my availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo Junction, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whataburger (San Angelo Junction, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied and had literally gotten a call 10 minutes later. The manager was very nice and asked me if I could come for an interview the next day and I said yes.

Interview Questions

• Basically the manager looked over my resume with me and saw I had previous work with restaurant. He gave me the job then and there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

He basically asked me if I thought the starting wage was okay, and I said yes.

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whataburger (Tyler, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

nothing but paperwork, no drug test (manager use drugs as well) alot of personal Questions . Yes background check but you dont have to pass it. all of it was a waste of time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandestin, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whataburger (Sandestin, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy interview they ask what my availability was and what my hog were it was a very easy interview I was hired on the spot and I started the next day. No background no good it was very easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase they offered me a job on the spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeway, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whataburger (Lakeway, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online with no response. Called in once, spoke with a man who didn't seem to care. Called back again the next day spoke with the GM and came in for an interview that day. Next day talked to another person and was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whataburger (Laredo, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Ask for the application on location and make sure they are looking for people because if they aren't they just wont call you. Filled it out on the spot and turn it in. Generally they'll call for the interview with in the week. Interview consist small chat basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering working here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is not negotiable only the position that you want to fill, from cashier to cook etc..

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whataburger in February 2011.

Interview

I got the application from a friend who had already applied and proceeded to fill it out and turn it it. The General Area Manager was not there, but he called me the following Monday afternoon (I had turned in the application on a Saturday). I interviewed on Wednesday afternoon and filled out the official paperwork on Friday. All in all, it was a very good experience. I was offered a drink and the workers were kind. The general manager took his time and explained everything in detail to me. The best advice I could give a candidate would be to lay all your cards on the table and they really will work with you. Don't be afraid to let them know you won't work ridiculous hours or that your weekends are just that; yours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He asked me what my pay was at my day job and I replied $8.50. He said he would match that.