Whataburger Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

1.9

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whataburger.

Interview

About one hour long. They are simply trying to see if you are invested in being employed with them for a good while. Most employees are high school students looking for some quick easy cash during the summers. Few people make a career out of it but it is very worth it to do so. Fast food industry isn't for everyone though.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any food or restaurant business experience?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next morning, and was sent new hire paperwork later that day. Interviewed with the manager. Basic questions on yourself, working with a team, availability, and transportation.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whataburger in August 2015.

Interview

I went to a job fair type interview. Great atmosphere. The interviewers were very nice and direct. Quick to make me feel comfortable. Went through 2 interviewers and received offer at time of interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted offer given. No negotiating necessary. After offer is a pretty extensive background check. You should be ready to have to find documentation to prove and backup your resume. This can be difficult if it's sometime ago. Yet they are very helpful in this process.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whataburger (El Paso, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of days later I called and asked if they were hiring and the manager asked for my name and told me to come in for an interview. He called me back a few days later and hired me, I went to orientation and started working about a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Pasadena, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. The managers are willing to help you organize your schedule aswell. Overall, it was a calm experience for me. Just relax and it shall all go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable to work night shifts?   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Whataburger (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

I spoke to a couple of different people in a meeting room at a hotel. There were several tables around the room and you were asked to move from table to table to speak with different individuals that turned out to be area managers, which is the step above being a general store manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you trustworthy? Tell me something that would demonstrate your trustworthiness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whataburger (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was very quick and easy, I got pre-hired and I start tomorrow! Everything was done online and they processed the information within about a week. You can usually see these when applying by Snagajob or Indeed. They will then call you and ask about your time preferences or what shifts you are available in and they are pretty flexible. Once you complete your tasks online, you start work the next day and MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR I-9!!

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whataburger (Fayetteville, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

The general manager took the time to get to know me on a personal level rather than simply asking me questions. She brought in the other general manager for the area and we all sat in conversation. I was offered a position before I left the building, told how much to expect in pay, and what my training schedule would look like. They were willing to work with me as I continue to find additional employment as well.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to defend what you know to someone else?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was simple. Quick and easy for me and i got along well with the manager. I had impressed them with my ability of speaking wasn't shy like i used to be and i was completely honest.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whataburger.

Interview

It was short and brief but asked plenty of questions about previous employer nothing in particular that any other employer wouldn't ask. But be prepared to be on your feet a lot because that is one of the job requirements. Also make good eye contact to show them that you are paying attention and are aware of the questions.