Whataburger

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

1.9

Cashier/Drive Thru Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whataburger.

they never gave me an interview they kept making me reschedule my interview. I got so frustrated. they were so rude and busy they kept telling me to come back later but never told me what time

Interview Questions
    • they never asked me questions or anything. I went in they made me feel out paper   Answer Question
    they never negotiated anything

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whataburger.

The interview process for me was a bit of a joke. I applied in person and they asked my availability and asked me to come back the next day to speak with the GM. When I came in I sat down with the same woman who took my application and she had me fill out paperwork. The GM came and sat with me for literally 2 mins then he got up for a phone call. The woman came back and we finished the paperwork and I started the next day. I guess they were desperate for workers.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't really asked any questions other than my availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Whataburger.

Applied online; received a call from GM within 2-3 weeks I believe. Came in for the interview and was asked to fill out a paper application as well. GM as well as other employees are really considerate and environment was very welcoming as far as fast food goes. Filled out paperwork within a few days after the interview and started working soon after that. The GM was very good about helping me out with scheduling my hours seeing as how I attend college and can only be a part-time worker. He seemed to value employees who are attending post-secondary educational institutions.

Some of the questions asked were usual, basic ones like, "If you could describe yourself using one word, what would it be?", "Tell me about yourself; any hobbies, other work, etc?" and "Why Whataburger?"

Interview Questions
    • If you could describe yourself using one word, what would it be?   Answer Question

Frycook Interview

The interview process was short and to the point. They asked when I could work and I told them whenever they needed. They were looking for a frycook technician that knew how much salt to put on the fries, and cook them to a crisp, but not crunchy texture. They want someone with a passion for frying

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whataburger in September 2014.

I applied online. Within two days I recieved a phone call for an interview. I walked in stated I was here for my interview, the cashier offered me a drink, & asked me to sit at a table & that the hiring manager would be right with me. The hiring manager was really cool. I filled out a paper application. Then I selected 5 characteristics about myself on another paper. The interview questions were a piece of cake. Seriously the easiest interview I've done. I got hired that day & went in the next day to do paper work.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe yourself?   View Answer
    • If you were to describe yourself using one word what would it be and why?   View Answer
    • Describe a time you helped someone, what were the steps & outcome.   View Answer
    • Describe a time you were recognized for something you did. What steps did you take ?   View Answer
    • How would you prepare yourself for work/school?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Advise, I would say keep eye contact pay attention, and smile. Sound positive!

Team Member Interview

Sat down, he asked me previously to bring my phone. He took the customer survey to show me how he wanted employees to act and treat the customer to the highest satisfaction. Asked me if I had any previous experience. And even offered me a free drink.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Whataburger.

Promise to call back in a day and it takes two weeks over and over even though they are interested. Don't schedule a time to call back if you can't. Just say you don't know when you will get back with me.

Interview Questions
    • To give a presentation in front of upper executives is all I can think of. And of course truck assessment questions when there is NOT a good answer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whataburger in July 2014.

I filled out an application online within the next day I received a call. On the phone the manager was basically asking me questions about my current job then she called me in for an interview the same day. When I got there I had to fill out a paper application. The interview was simple. The question that we're asked was mostly about your personality. Then the day after my interview I received a call & they told me I was offered the position & to come in to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions
    Don't be nervous. Just be yourself. Talk clearly. Communicate with the manager. But sell yourself good enough so the manager would want you.

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whataburger.

I applied through a recruiter, I received a screen interview over the phone, most of the questions were technical and a couple about my personality and goals.
    The questions were like, describe the web services process, the life cycle of the .net web pages, the type of sessions managed by asp.net, why are you leaving your current job, etc.

Interview Questions
    • I would say all the questions were really basic, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Regioanl Recruyiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whataburger.

Great call from the Exec. Administrative Assistant to the Director of Operations. Made scheduled appointment to have first phone interview. Phone Interview was on time and direct to the point. In two days I received another call for a face to face interview. Flight and hotel arrangements were set. Picked up at the airport on time. Went to the modest office. Spent time with different area supervisors and office staff. Travel with the Director of Operations visiting restaurants and the Management team and Team Members. Had lunch at Whataburger. Dinner at the Fish House with Director of Operations. Great day with 1:1 questions and visiting. Stayed at the local airport Hampton Inn and left out the next morning. with in 48 hours I received a call from the Director of Operations with a verbal offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral questions. Very straight forward. With practical questions to determine what you would consider a quality hire. How would you measure the talent to be the right fit?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation Phase