Whataburger

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

El Paso, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Whataburger in May 2013.

Interview Details – They would ask what you like to do on your free time, what are your goals, why is the interest to work for their company.

Interview Question – What to do when a customer is really angry and aggressive?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Work as hard as you can, that way the promotion is sooner.

Very Easy Interview

El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whataburger in February 2011.

Interview Details – You submit the application and right then and there they'll ask you to come in for an interview if you look presentable. If not, you should call and ask for the general manager and ask her/him the status of your application. when you get interviewed, you will be asked questions about how responsible you are and to give examples of previous experiences such as "tell us about a time you helped someone." Then once you're done, they'll ask you to come back for a second interview with a different manager so that they can get a different opinion of you. If they like you, they'll hire you and give you the uniform if they have one available at the time. Then you must attend a payed orientation class in uniform as well as a food handlers class.

Interview Question – I'm not sure, it was so long ago. I believe they changed the interview questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Whataburger.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview while I was still working at another company. I had put my 2 weeks notice at the other company. I was told I was being brought in as shift leader, as I had to learn the stations and master them before I moved up, but was technically hired on as Team Lead. One interview, one orientation that consisted of filling out paperwork, then I started my shifts.

Interview Question – I had no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Denton, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whataburger in February 2012.

Interview Details – I made sure to dress up nicely with a tie and a button up shirt with nice slacks. The first day I walked in to ask if they were hiring and they told me they were and asked if I could come back Sunday for an interview(It was a thursday). I came back again in dress shirt, slacks and a tie and the assistant manager asked me some questions about leadership experience and stressed the fact that if I say i will work any time that may mean overnight because they are a 24 hour store. He asked me a few questions about what I would do in certain situations and why i was leaving my other job. He then asked me to come back on wednesday for a second interview. On Wednesday I interviewed with the general manager who gave me basically the same interview. He then told me he wanted to offer me a job and would call me to set up a time to come in and sign paperwork.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to buy a new computer, how would you budget for that experience?   View Answer
  • You have a coworker that isn't pulling their weight at work. What do you do?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whataburger

Worked for Whataburger? Contribute to the Community!