Whataburger

1.5

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Whataburger.

Applied online; received a call from GM within 2-3 weeks I believe. Came in for the interview and was asked to fill out a paper application as well. GM as well as other employees are really considerate and environment was very welcoming as far as fast food goes. Filled out paperwork within a few days after the interview and started working soon after that. The GM was very good about helping me out with scheduling my hours seeing as how I attend college and can only be a part-time worker. He seemed to value employees who are attending post-secondary educational institutions.

Some of the questions asked were usual, basic ones like, "If you could describe yourself using one word, what would it be?", "Tell me about yourself; any hobbies, other work, etc?" and "Why Whataburger?"

Interview Questions
  • If you could describe yourself using one word, what would it be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whataburger

Team Member Interview

Sat down, he asked me previously to bring my phone. He took the customer survey to show me how he wanted employees to act and treat the customer to the highest satisfaction. Asked me if I had any previous experience. And even offered me a free drink.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whataburger in July 2014.

I filled out an application online within the next day I received a call. On the phone the manager was basically asking me questions about my current job then she called me in for an interview the same day. When I got there I had to fill out a paper application. The interview was simple. The question that we're asked was mostly about your personality. Then the day after my interview I received a call & they told me I was offered the position & to come in to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions
    Don't be nervous. Just be yourself. Talk clearly. Communicate with the manager. But sell yourself good enough so the manager would want you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whataburger in January 2014.

I applied in person. The process took about 3-4 weeks due to being unable to answer the calls while I was in school.

I had a friend to list as a reference because she had been working there a few months and she informed me that the general manager was asking for current employees to refer others as they needed more people.

I was finally called and available to answer about 3 weeks after I had filled out the application and turned it in to one of the managers. They scheduled my first interview. When I showed up, the general manager was busy and kept me waiting a good half hour when finally one of the managers instead came out to interview me.

She was pretty friendly and way less intimidating than the general manager. She asked general questions about goals and examples of times when we had to be a leader, teach someone something new, how we approach challenges etc. I referred most, if not, all answers to band while I was in high school since I had no previous experience.

Some days later I received another call for a 'second interview'. I say it that way because the second interview was basically the hiring process in which the general manager didn't even interview. He walked me through all the paperwork and helped to fill it all out. He gave me a sheet with a phone number I had to call to take the WOTC survey which was quick and easy. He asked for my SS card and ID, brought out my name tag, and ended the interview with going to his car to give me my polo and hat. I started working about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a goal found difficult to accomplish and what did you do to achieve it?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whataburger in November 2013.

it was alright I got interviewed then was called in about three days max, great general manager

nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whataburger in September 2013.

I applied online for all the Whataburgers in the area and received a call from 2 of them within 24 hours. The Interview was quick and simple; Describe yourself, your personality etc. A few questions and filled out the paperwork there. They then called an hour later to say my uniform was ready.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Magnolia, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Magnolia, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Whataburger in June 2013.

Everything started with me coming up to the front counter and asking for form. There were times, however, that we had to turn down requests for an application due to the fact that we ran out of forms. Luckily that did not happen for me. As I turned it in, I was told that I would get a call in a week. Unfortunately, I had to call the store back up after waiting two weeks (I was afraid of being annoying because it was my first job). It was about a month later when I got an interview. The general manager asked me questions involving balancing schoolwork with a job because at that time I was still in high school. He also asked questions over how dependable I was. These were logical questions that I answered to the best of my ability. A short time after, I was given a oversized, old, orange polo that I tucked in and I tried to make it look as nice as possible, because it reflects my pride. I never meant this to come out harsh because I loved working here, however, the hiring and interview process needed improvement. Perhaps it changed with Shannon being the new general manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whataburger in May 2013.

Took five visits to the store to talk to hiring manager for an interview. Took three weeks for me to get an answer if I was employed and get on the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • I do not think I was ask any questions. I only filled out the paperwork.   View Answer

I wanted more money , we comprimised.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Whataburger in May 2013.

Applied online at a recently opening Whataburger and received a call to come interview the next day.

The interview was easy, the manager was very nice and put interviewees at ease. She asked questions like "What was a situation where a customer became angry with you?"

Interview Questions
    • Explain of a time a team member was not motivated to do their part of the work and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whataburger in May 2013.

Walked in early and told cashier about my scheduled interview. The cashier gave me a cup to get a free drink while waiting for manager.
    First manager asked me to fill out 2 forms (personality quiz and standard paper application) and asked him when I was done. Couple minutes later the interview started and was asked about my past experience, few behavioral questions, and generally manager telling me about the position and what to expect. Manager seemed interested, told to stay put until he asked the General Manager for second interview. Waited about 5 minute or so, General Manger said the same things as the previous Manager told. Got the job on the spot and was asked to wait for a call back for date to do paperwork.

Accepted on the spot and starting pay at $7.50