Whataburger Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

1.6

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whataburger.

Interview

About one hour long. They are simply trying to see if you are invested in being employed with them for a good while. Most employees are high school students looking for some quick easy cash during the summers. Few people make a career out of it but it is very worth it to do so. Fast food industry isn't for everyone though.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any food or restaurant business experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whataburger

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next morning, and was sent new hire paperwork later that day. Interviewed with the manager. Basic questions on yourself, working with a team, availability, and transportation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whataburger (El Paso, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of days later I called and asked if they were hiring and the manager asked for my name and told me to come in for an interview. He called me back a few days later and hired me, I went to orientation and started working about a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Pasadena, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. The managers are willing to help you organize your schedule aswell. Overall, it was a calm experience for me. Just relax and it shall all go smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable to work night shifts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whataburger (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was very quick and easy, I got pre-hired and I start tomorrow! Everything was done online and they processed the information within about a week. You can usually see these when applying by Snagajob or Indeed. They will then call you and ask about your time preferences or what shifts you are available in and they are pretty flexible. Once you complete your tasks online, you start work the next day and MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR I-9!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whataburger (Fayetteville, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

The general manager took the time to get to know me on a personal level rather than simply asking me questions. She brought in the other general manager for the area and we all sat in conversation. I was offered a position before I left the building, told how much to expect in pay, and what my training schedule would look like. They were willing to work with me as I continue to find additional employment as well.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had to defend what you know to someone else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I went to the job fair, I was offered the position right on the spot, the hiring manager called me the next day to fill out the pre hire paper work online and den I had to mee t.v. with the manager to makE copies oF my ID DEN THE NEXT DAY I STARTEF TRAINING

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellmead, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Bellmead, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

You walk in and wait for them to get all their paper work for the interview process. Then you sit down and begin the interview. They ask a series of simple questions depening if you have had a job before or it is your first job.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you helped someone else.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whataburger (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple within 5 minutes I had the job. He said that I knew someone that worked there and that was good enough for him. Although I'm sure it would be different for anyone else as I had a highly esteemed friend working there.

Interview Questions

• Why haven't you been hired yet?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whataburger (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I waited for a while before the general manager interviewed me. She was nice and asked me everyday questions. Then she asked me "If you wanted a computer how would you get it" and "Describe a time you were helpful to someone" and i filled out info about me. The interview is 20-30 minutes and you may or may not get a second interview to be hired. I got hired on my first, but it depends on the manager. And if you didn't get the job, they won't tell you, it's like you never existed and you won't hear from them, so you'd have to call them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were helpful to someone.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer