Whataburger Team Member Interview Questions

1.4

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Whataburger.

Applied online; received a call from GM within 2-3 weeks I believe. Came in for the interview and was asked to fill out a paper application as well. GM as well as other employees are really considerate and environment was very welcoming as far as fast food goes. Filled out paperwork within a few days after the interview and started working soon after that. The GM was very good about helping me out with scheduling my hours seeing as how I attend college and can only be a part-time worker. He seemed to value employees who are attending post-secondary educational institutions.

Some of the questions asked were usual, basic ones like, "If you could describe yourself using one word, what would it be?", "Tell me about yourself; any hobbies, other work, etc?" and "Why Whataburger?"

Interview Questions
  • If you could describe yourself using one word, what would it be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whataburger

Team Member Interview

Sat down, he asked me previously to bring my phone. He took the customer survey to show me how he wanted employees to act and treat the customer to the highest satisfaction. Asked me if I had any previous experience. And even offered me a free drink.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whataburger in July 2014.

I filled out an application online within the next day I received a call. On the phone the manager was basically asking me questions about my current job then she called me in for an interview the same day. When I got there I had to fill out a paper application. The interview was simple. The question that we're asked was mostly about your personality. Then the day after my interview I received a call & they told me I was offered the position & to come in to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions
    Don't be nervous. Just be yourself. Talk clearly. Communicate with the manager. But sell yourself good enough so the manager would want you.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whataburger in November 2013.

it was alright I got interviewed then was called in about three days max, great general manager

nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whataburger in September 2013.

I applied online for all the Whataburgers in the area and received a call from 2 of them within 24 hours. The Interview was quick and simple; Describe yourself, your personality etc. A few questions and filled out the paperwork there. They then called an hour later to say my uniform was ready.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alvin, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whataburger in May 2013.

Took five visits to the store to talk to hiring manager for an interview. Took three weeks for me to get an answer if I was employed and get on the schedule.

Interview Questions
    • I do not think I was ask any questions. I only filled out the paperwork.   View Answer

I wanted more money , we comprimised.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Whataburger in May 2013.

Applied online at a recently opening Whataburger and received a call to come interview the next day.

The interview was easy, the manager was very nice and put interviewees at ease. She asked questions like "What was a situation where a customer became angry with you?"

Interview Questions
    • Explain of a time a team member was not motivated to do their part of the work and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whataburger in May 2013.

Walked in early and told cashier about my scheduled interview. The cashier gave me a cup to get a free drink while waiting for manager.
    First manager asked me to fill out 2 forms (personality quiz and standard paper application) and asked him when I was done. Couple minutes later the interview started and was asked about my past experience, few behavioral questions, and generally manager telling me about the position and what to expect. Manager seemed interested, told to stay put until he asked the General Manager for second interview. Waited about 5 minute or so, General Manger said the same things as the previous Manager told. Got the job on the spot and was asked to wait for a call back for date to do paperwork.

Accepted on the spot and starting pay at $7.50

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whataburger in May 2012.

Applied in person; cashier handed me the form and a pen. Did not have any experience.
    Two days latter got a call saying they wanted to interview me. In the next hour. Bolted over there and met with one of the managers. Since I didn't have any experience she asked questions to get a feel of my personality. Easy and basic.

5 minutes latter I was hired. Started two days latter and and worked 11 hours for my first shift.

Interview Questions
    Wasn't any. Expected and was given minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whataburger in May 2012.

tuck in shirt black belt dress pants and shirt

Interview Questions
    ask how many hour a week are available