Whataburger

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shreveport, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whataburger in July 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online within the next day I received a call. On the phone the manager was basically asking me questions about my current job then she called me in for an interview the same day. When I got there I had to fill out a paper application. The interview was simple. The question that we're asked was mostly about your personality. Then the day after my interview I received a call & they told me I was offered the position & to come in to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in one word and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be nervous. Just be yourself. Talk clearly. Communicate with the manager. But sell yourself good enough so the manager would want you.

Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whataburger in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online for all the Whataburgers in the area and received a call from 2 of them within 24 hours. The Interview was quick and simple; Describe yourself, your personality etc. A few questions and filled out the paperwork there. They then called an hour later to say my uniform was ready.

Interview Question – describing how you dealt with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Alvin, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Whataburger in May 2013.

Interview Details – Took five visits to the store to talk to hiring manager for an interview. Took three weeks for me to get an answer if I was employed and get on the schedule.

Interview Question – I do not think I was ask any questions. I only filled out the paperwork.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I wanted more money , we comprimised.

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whataburger in November 2013.

Interview Details – it was alright I got interviewed then was called in about three days max, great general manager

Interview Question – there really was not many questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whataburger in February 2012.

Interview Details – Extremely simple and fast.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Team Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Whataburger in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied in person; cashier handed me the form and a pen. Did not have any experience.
Two days latter got a call saying they wanted to interview me. In the next hour. Bolted over there and met with one of the managers. Since I didn't have any experience she asked questions to get a feel of my personality. Easy and basic.

5 minutes latter I was hired. Started two days latter and and worked 11 hours for my first shift.

Interview Question – None. It was that easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't any. Expected and was given minimum wage.

Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whataburger in July 2011.

Interview Details – Quick and simple. The normal "Have you ever..." questions. Really easy. Just dress nice, stay calm and make eye contact. SMILE. I had a friend not get the job ONLY because he didn't smile.

Interview Question – Name a time when you caught another employee doing something they knew was wrong, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Whataburger in May 2013.

Interview Details – Walked in early and told cashier about my scheduled interview. The cashier gave me a cup to get a free drink while waiting for manager.
First manager asked me to fill out 2 forms (personality quiz and standard paper application) and asked him when I was done. Couple minutes later the interview started and was asked about my past experience, few behavioral questions, and generally manager telling me about the position and what to expect. Manager seemed interested, told to stay put until he asked the General Manager for second interview. Waited about 5 minute or so, General Manger said the same things as the previous Manager told. Got the job on the spot and was asked to wait for a call back for date to do paperwork.

Interview Question – Why whataburger?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Accepted on the spot and starting pay at $7.50

Euless, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Whataburger in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online at a recently opening Whataburger and received a call to come interview the next day.

The interview was easy, the manager was very nice and put interviewees at ease. She asked questions like "What was a situation where a customer became angry with you?"

Interview Question – Explain of a time a team member was not motivated to do their part of the work and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

McAllen, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Whataburger in May 2012.

Interview Details – tuck in shirt black belt dress pants and shirt

Interview Question – explain how you have helped someone   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ask how many hour a week are available

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whataburger

Worked for Whataburger? Contribute to the Community!