Whataburger Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Whataburger (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I went to the job fair, I was offered the position right on the spot, the hiring manager called me the next day to fill out the pre hire paper work online and den I had to mee t.v. with the manager to makE copies oF my ID DEN THE NEXT DAY I STARTEF TRAINING

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whataburger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Whataburger (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied online; received a call from GM within 2-3 weeks I believe. Came in for the interview and was asked to fill out a paper application as well. GM as well as other employees are really considerate and environment was very welcoming as far as fast food goes. Filled out paperwork within a few days after the interview and started working soon after that. The GM was very good about helping me out with scheduling my hours seeing as how I attend college and can only be a part-time worker. He seemed to value employees who are attending post-secondary educational institutions.

Some of the questions asked were usual, basic ones like, "If you could describe yourself using one word, what would it be?", "Tell me about yourself; any hobbies, other work, etc?" and "Why Whataburger?"

Interview Questions

• If you could describe yourself using one word, what would it be?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Interview

Sat down, he asked me previously to bring my phone. He took the customer survey to show me how he wanted employees to act and treat the customer to the highest satisfaction. Asked me if I had any previous experience. And even offered me a free drink.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whataburger (Shreveport, LA) in July 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online within the next day I received a call. On the phone the manager was basically asking me questions about my current job then she called me in for an interview the same day. When I got there I had to fill out a paper application. The interview was simple. The question that we're asked was mostly about your personality. Then the day after my interview I received a call & they told me I was offered the position & to come in to fill out some paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't be nervous. Just be yourself. Talk clearly. Communicate with the manager. But sell yourself good enough so the manager would want you.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whataburger (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a simple interview that took 10mins or less, i was asked about my pervious jobs and what I did there at those jobs I wasn't at all asked any interview questions
    When I did get the job I wasn't taught anything I learned everything on my own over time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whataburger (El Paso, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied in person. The process took about 3-4 weeks due to being unable to answer the calls while I was in school.

I had a friend to list as a reference because she had been working there a few months and she informed me that the general manager was asking for current employees to refer others as they needed more people.

I was finally called and available to answer about 3 weeks after I had filled out the application and turned it in to one of the managers. They scheduled my first interview. When I showed up, the general manager was busy and kept me waiting a good half hour when finally one of the managers instead came out to interview me.

She was pretty friendly and way less intimidating than the general manager. She asked general questions about goals and examples of times when we had to be a leader, teach someone something new, how we approach challenges etc. I referred most, if not, all answers to band while I was in high school since I had no previous experience.

Some days later I received another call for a 'second interview'. I say it that way because the second interview was basically the hiring process in which the general manager didn't even interview. He walked me through all the paperwork and helped to fill it all out. He gave me a sheet with a phone number I had to call to take the WOTC survey which was quick and easy. He asked for my SS card and ID, brought out my name tag, and ended the interview with going to his car to give me my polo and hat. I started working about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a goal found difficult to accomplish and what did you do to achieve it?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whataburger in November 2013.

Interview

it was alright I got interviewed then was called in about three days max, great general manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whataburger (Corpus Christi, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online for all the Whataburgers in the area and received a call from 2 of them within 24 hours. The Interview was quick and simple; Describe yourself, your personality etc. A few questions and filled out the paperwork there. They then called an hour later to say my uniform was ready.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rowlett, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whataburger (Rowlett, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I went in they talked to me about responsibility like I was a baby then told me I got the job. Quite easy and painless but they shouldn't hire so easily because we had a lot of bad workers due to no standards of hiring

Interview Questions

• How long would you like to stay with the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Magnolia, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Whataburger (Magnolia, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Everything started with me coming up to the front counter and asking for form. There were times, however, that we had to turn down requests for an application due to the fact that we ran out of forms. Luckily that did not happen for me. As I turned it in, I was told that I would get a call in a week. Unfortunately, I had to call the store back up after waiting two weeks (I was afraid of being annoying because it was my first job). It was about a month later when I got an interview. The general manager asked me questions involving balancing schoolwork with a job because at that time I was still in high school. He also asked questions over how dependable I was. These were logical questions that I answered to the best of my ability. A short time after, I was given a oversized, old, orange polo that I tucked in and I tried to make it look as nice as possible, because it reflects my pride. I never meant this to come out harsh because I loved working here, however, the hiring and interview process needed improvement. Perhaps it changed with Shannon being the new general manager.