Whelan Security Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

1.9

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whelan Security.

Interview

They called me a few days after I submitted application. I had a phone interview and was asked to come in for interview. I met with regional HR manager and basically just talked through my resume, no actual formal questions were asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whelan Security (Torrance, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic questions regarding resume asked about work experience and how I dealt with situations involving hostile people be it media or customers. I had to explain each job i worked at what it consisted on why I left.

Interview Questions

• Can u write and incident report ?   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whelan Security.

Interview

It was a pretty basic interview. They asked pretty standard questions. The building was in Troy so it was really hard to find among the other suites but now the are located in Southfield. The hiring manager was pretty nice, he doesn't make you feel nervous at all. The overall experience was ok. The questions was just a little generic.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What makes you different from the other interviewees?   Answer Question

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whelan Security (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Was great my interviewer was great. She really knew her stuff I don't have anything else to say. I was good. About the only person who knew anything there

Site Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Whelan Security (Brookfield, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Called in, asked if I wanted the job! Told pay starting out was $11 hour with increase after 3 months. Asked if I could pass drug test, never given. Asked if I had a DL, I said "No", told not to share that as I would be required to drive.

Interview Questions

• Can you pass drug test?   1 Answer
    • If required, could you manipulate payroll to cover up OT issues, even at the expense of your employees?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whelan Security (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

The first onsite interview was scheduled after a phone interview, a day or so after the interview was scheduled I received an email changing the location of the interview. Then a day or so from that I received another email changing the location again. First interview was painless - interviewed with a district manager. Scheduled for a second interview with the HR Manager at the company's physical location. The location is in a terrible part of town, the office was less than desirable and the manager was extremely sick with a cold. The interview was nothing short of a joke. The manager would make statements such as "as we've spoken about" and follow with topics we never once discussed in our 10 minute phone conversation from multiple weeks earlier. I felt lost, I either correct him that we've never spoken about these things and look like a jerk, or I play along and risk looking like an idiot.
    The company high extremely high turn over rates and requires recruiters to bring in an insane number of new people every week. Also when asked my salary requirement the manager told me it was within their range, but it was at the top end, the bottom end being several thousand dollars under what I asked for. I believe that was one of the deciding factors in my candidacy. I was never sent a declination. I would not have accepted the position if selected.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself as a salesperson?   1 Answer
    • Sell me on your previous company.   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crescent Springs, KY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whelan Security (Crescent Springs, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

Simple, went in person. They said they were looking for only the best, hired me right away. They asked about military experience. They asked about previous security guard experience. They asked about my transportation mode. They asked simple, basic questions. They didn't ask any hard questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. You ask for fifty words but it was that simple and I do not have anything else to add. I will reiterate for you, however, to bring it to or over fifty words: They said they were looking for only the best, hired me right away. They asked about military experience. They asked about previous security guard experience. They asked about my transportation mode. They asked simple, basic questions. They didn't ask any hard questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

That was as easy as the entire interview procedure. They gave an amount and I accepted it. You ask for fifty words but it was that simple and I do not have anything else to add. I will reiterate for you, however, to bring it to or over fifty words: That was as easy as the entire interview procedure. They gave an amount and I accepted it.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whelan Security.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the following day to come in for an interview. Interview was easy, it appeared as though they were going to offer me the position. I was then asked to review to company and they would bring me in for a second interview. I never heard from them again, even after contacting them they lied to me and told me they were setting something up and would contact me soon. I assume they were turned off when they asked about salary and I was $5000 above what they wanted to pay even though I stated I was very negotiable on salary. Whelan wants cheap bodies not experience, don't waste your time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whelan Security (New York, NY).

Interview

I had no trouble hiring in, did good on my tests. I had health problems they overlooked and ignored - more so as time went on. They seemed to accommodate other guards more so. The day I was tested I had a diabetic attack and it didn't seem to bother them. I had other issues reported to the, they seemed to ignore.

Negotiation

I needed an attorney to get them to even listen.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crescent Springs, Kenton, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whelan Security (Crescent Springs, Kenton, KY).

Interview

Pro: You can walk in & get a feel of the people but since they're good at lying that is useless.
    Cons: All the tests you do at the office or home take hours w/o getting paid.
    Overall: Not difficult interview because they only want bodies. They lie & cheat

Interview Questions

• Laughable. They ask barely nothing. They only want bodies. All they want to know is if you have reliable transportation & have a high school degree or GED & then you have to dig that out & show them like you're lying! Probably because they don't trust anyone because they're liars & lie all the time.   1 Answer
    • They ask what hours you want to work, what times & then give you the exact opposite & think they're doing a favor for you.   1 Answer
    • What size uniform do you wear?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. You take what they give & that's it.