Whelan Security

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.1

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whelan Security.

Applied online and was contacted the following day to come in for an interview. Interview was easy, it appeared as though they were going to offer me the position. I was then asked to review to company and they would bring me in for a second interview. I never heard from them again, even after contacting them they lied to me and told me they were setting something up and would contact me soon. I assume they were turned off when they asked about salary and I was $5000 above what they wanted to pay even though I stated I was very negotiable on salary. Whelan wants cheap bodies not experience, don't waste your time.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whelan Security.

I had no trouble hiring in, did good on my tests. I had health problems they overlooked and ignored - more so as time went on. They seemed to accommodate other guards more so. The day I was tested I had a diabetic attack and it didn't seem to bother them. I had other issues reported to the, they seemed to ignore.

I needed an attorney to get them to even listen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crescent Springs, Kenton, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crescent Springs, Kenton, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whelan Security.

Pro: You can walk in & get a feel of the people but since they're good at lying that is useless.
    Cons: All the tests you do at the office or home take hours w/o getting paid.
    Overall: Not difficult interview because they only want bodies. They lie & cheat

Interview Questions
    • Laughable. They ask barely nothing. They only want bodies. All they want to know is if you have reliable transportation & have a high school degree or GED & then you have to dig that out & show them like you're lying! Probably because they don't trust anyone because they're liars & lie all the time.   View Answer
    • They ask what hours you want to work, what times & then give you the exact opposite & think they're doing a favor for you.   View Answer
    • What size uniform do you wear?   View Answer
    No negotiation at all. You take what they give & that's it.

Security Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whelan Security.

Very long, detailed licensing requirement, background checks, fingerprinting, in both the city and county of St. Louis and St. Charles, lots of paperwork and yearly renewals of licenses in all areas. It was a lot of aggravation for this low-level, low-paying kind of job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you go through all the licensing processes? It was a long process   Answer Question
    None

Security Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whelan Security.

They gave me a call and I came in for a 1:1 interview. Some simple questions, nothing too difficult. It took awhile to receive a call back. I probably submitted the app. a month or two previous to when they called. Offered the job on the spot. You have to buy your own uniform, and the uniform costs $200.

Interview Questions
    No negotations. No raises, just flat pay. Pay doesn't increase with experience.

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whelan Security in July 2013.

A joke , was given a few papers to fill out handed a cup and went to the bathroom with my friend we could have peed in each others cup no one would have known. My one friend was hired at her house. No questions are ever asked except can you do the job. So it is easy

there was none

Sergeant/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whelan Security in July 2013.

The entire interview process only took about an hour or so. The longest part of the hiring process is waiting for the outside company to do the background checks.I was originally interviewing for an account manager position, but settled for a position as a shift supervisor.

I was originally interviewing for the account manager position and ended up with a position at the company as a shift sergeant.

Employee Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Whelan Security.

I applied online and was contacted via phone a few days later as a preliminary screening, to set up an interview, and requested to complete a series of online assessments. The assessments required quite a bit of time. The interview was a conversational style, me asking just as many questions as my interviewer. I was informed (surprisingly) of how many others were being interviewed for the position as well as the expected salary. I have no regrets and honestly nothing negative to say about this company.

I was not offered the original position I applied for but was propositioned with another opportunity in the company.

Interview Questions
    • If you were offered the job, would you take it?   View Answer

location

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whelan Security.

I applied for the job online, which was very easy and straight forward. A few days later, I received an email from the main office asking when I could come in for an interview. I had two interview. The first being with the HR manager at the office and the second being with the Security Project Manager for the site location I would be working at. The first interview with the HR manager was very straight forward with typical interview questions such as: what are your strengths/weaknesses, what qualities make a good supervisor, what shift are you able to work, how far are you willing to drive... After the HR manager was done with the interview, I was told about the location that matched my responses to the questions of shift willing to work and how far was I willing to drive. The HR manager then sent me to the site location to interview with the Security Project Manager. The interview was very informal and to the point. I was asked about my background and was given a quick tour of the site. The manager asked me when I would be able to start. Interview process took a total of 2 hours.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whelan Security in June 2012.

I was contacted by an HR assistant for an initial interview and did great on it. She asked what my salary requirements were, I said $16 an hour. She was kind and helpful with all my questions. I did have a one on one interview that went well as well. It was great!!!