Novell
www.novell.com Provo, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Novell Software Engineer Interview Question

I interviewed in Provo, UT and was asked:
"Where would you rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 among all the other people that have interviewed for this job?"
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Software Engineer Interview Review - one of 49 Novell Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
No matter what the answer is to this question it provides no real information about the interviewee. If the person answers the question with a modest 6 then the interviewer says, "so you believe you are not the best person for this job." If the person answers with a 10 then the interviewer says, "so you think you are more qualified than every other person available." No win situation either way.

I answered it by saying, "I'm a 6 due to the fact that I know I don't know everything in my field and that there are others out there who may be more qualified than me but I am the most qualified person in this room for the position right now."
- Interview Candidate on Jun 14, 2012 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novell interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Novell employees and interview candidates.