Which Wich Interview Questions & Reviews

1.2

Cashier/Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Which Wich in May 2013.

Interview was very fast and very easy. Manager mostly asked questions about work history and personal skill set (if I had previous experience in the field). Then gave some background on what the store was about and job expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Waiting for the interview to start. The manager was late and I had to wait a while. There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on wage, only discussed availability.

Cashier/Food Prep and Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stephenville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stephenville, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Which Wich in August 2013.

Very informal interview. My interview was an hour or so before the store opened so she had me sit in the dining room. She basically asked me two generic questions (tell me about yourself, do you go to school) and then said I got the job. She then told me when to come in tomorrow, what to wear, etc.

None.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Which Wich in January 2010.

The hiring process was pretty simple and almost made it seem like they were desperate for employees. I submitted an application on line and almost 2-3 months randomly out of the blue I got a call and asked if I could interview that day. The interview was more of a when can you start rather than seeing if I was a fit.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase as it was defined pay.

Cashier/Food Prep and Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Which Wich in June 2013.

Applied online, called next day & recieved interview 3 days later. On the phone i was asked questions confirming questions on my application , including availabilty , school & have i worked in a food environment. As interview day came i showed up at 3:35 & my interview was at 3:45 , I walked in and made sure that the manager knew i was here , & i was told to be seated because the manager was busy with another applicant, ok the applicant left it was about 3:45 ok i was still waiting at about 4:00 & then another girl walked in for an application she sat and filled it out which took about 15 mins then i was brought an application to fill out then the manager came in & wentt and sat with the other girl wellllll excuse me she didnt have an interview at 3:45 she just wanted to fill out the application soo now its 4:31 when they finished i was still waiting finally the manager gets to me its now 4:42 he looked at my application & asked me a few questions confirming my application & then going to ask me for another reference to prove i worked in the kitchen at school 1 year ago I gave him 2 references alreadyy i mean you already made me wait basically a whole hour for you & then you gone say you need another reference , by the end of the interview i didnt even want the job. But the employees was nice :-) WORST FIRST INTERVIEWWWW !!

Interview Questions
    • Can you get me proof you worked in the kitchen in culinary arts. -_-   Answer Question

Sandwich Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Which Wich in May 2013.

I applied online, got a call for a interview like a week later but they picked 2 other candidates over me.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. The questions were more about my personal life than the job...   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Which Wich in April 2012.

Interview was simple and straightforward. Responded to posting, was contacted by General Manager via phone within 2-3 days. Very brief overview of expectations over the phone. Was asked to come in for 1:1 interview.

Interview lasted under 20 minutes, followed by filling out basic paperwork. General interview questions asked, such as how I would respond to two coworkers escalating in an argument, specifics on prior applicable experience, adaptability to work environment, etc. Filled out paperwork, was back three days later to shadow General Manager. Was trained for a week on the line in the various stations, took a mostly-completed fill-in-the-blank test on the 51 sandwiches concerning their ingredients and portions. After that, assumed duties of Assistant Manager, being progressively trained upwards over the course of the rest of the month. New duties siphoned downward in manageable stream over time during this process.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions--no "curve ball". Interviewer was more concerned in taking in a fresh, presentable face without any bad habits from former management work, and maintained eye contact while assessing my body language, level of comfort and conversational agility.   Answer Question
    Asked for $12, expecting $10 for insignificant former experience. Was pleasantly surprised when offered $11. Raise came six months later, was rewarded for diligence and rising sales during my morning shifts with my original asking price.

Sandwhich Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Which Wich in September 2012.

Basically you show up and if Scott likes you he'll invite you to 'try it out' for few hours without pay. Not really an interview, they just want to know you'll show up. If you are welfare to work this is a good place to get hired quickly. No real interview, very informal and disorganized. They will hire you if you agree to work a few hours free and you must work FAST.

Interview Questions
    • Scott will ask you to tell him a joke. Seriously.
      Work a few hours without pay and if you wrapped the turkey fast enough and can take some abuse from the employees you'll get the job.
        Answer Question
    Was told job paid $9.00 but only got paid minimum and no tips.

Sandwich Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Murphy, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Murphy, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Which Wich in April 2012.

I applied online, using their website, and within 2 days the manager called me to set up an interview. He was very nice and easy to understand. Over the phone, he asked a me to confirm a few things in my application such as my age, location, availability, and how many hours I was looking to work. After this, he asked if I could come in for an interview in a little over an hour. When I got there he greeted me and we sat down at a table. He was mostly interested in my personality and how I handle meeting new people and new situations. He told me some about himself, and in general was very attentive and easy to communicate with. The he showed me around the store and told me how everything worked, and gave me a general idea of their cleaning procedures. This was my very first job interview and I was very nervous at first, but he quickly set me at ease with his calm, friendly, attitude. On the way out he shook my hand and thanked me for coming.

My advice is JUST BE YOURSELF:)

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle meeting a lot of new people?   Answer Question
    • This is a fast paced environment. How will you handle the pressure?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Which Wich in January 2012.

Hardly an interview. Store owner asked if I could stop by for a few minutes and basically just asked me when I was available for work. Few questions like "are you addicted to drugs" and similar questions but not what I would consider a "real" interview.

Interview Questions
    None. Was told I would start at near minimum wage and I would get a raise after I showed my quality of work.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Broken Arrow, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Which Wich in October 2010.

I went in one day to talk to the manager. It was just a basic dialogue, but he had me come back the next day to meet the manager of the store.

There was no negotiation

Worked for Which Wich? Contribute to the Community!