Which Wich

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member Interview

Carlsbad, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Which Wich in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty simple and almost made it seem like they were desperate for employees. I submitted an application on line and almost 2-3 months randomly out of the blue I got a call and asked if I could interview that day. The interview was more of a when can you start rather than seeing if I was a fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase as it was defined pay.

Cashier/Food Prep and Customer Service Interview

Cashier/Food Prep and Customer Service
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Which Wich in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, called next day & recieved interview 3 days later. On the phone i was asked questions confirming questions on my application , including availabilty , school & have i worked in a food environment. As interview day came i showed up at 3:35 & my interview was at 3:45 , I walked in and made sure that the manager knew i was here , & i was told to be seated because the manager was busy with another applicant, ok the applicant left it was about 3:45 ok i was still waiting at about 4:00 & then another girl walked in for an application she sat and filled it out which took about 15 mins then i was brought an application to fill out then the manager came in & wentt and sat with the other girl wellllll excuse me she didnt have an interview at 3:45 she just wanted to fill out the application soo now its 4:31 when they finished i was still waiting finally the manager gets to me its now 4:42 he looked at my application & asked me a few questions confirming my application & then going to ask me for another reference to prove i worked in the kitchen at school 1 year ago I gave him 2 references alreadyy i mean you already made me wait basically a whole hour for you & then you gone say you need another reference , by the end of the interview i didnt even want the job. But the employees was nice :-) WORST FIRST INTERVIEWWWW !!

Interview Question – Can you get me proof you worked in the kitchen in culinary arts. -_-   Answer Question

Sandwich Engineer Interview

Sandwich Engineer
Wilmington, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Which Wich in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call for a interview like a week later but they picked 2 other candidates over me.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult. The questions were more about my personal life than the job...   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Which Wich in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was simple and straightforward. Responded to posting, was contacted by General Manager via phone within 2-3 days. Very brief overview of expectations over the phone. Was asked to come in for 1:1 interview.

Interview lasted under 20 minutes, followed by filling out basic paperwork. General interview questions asked, such as how I would respond to two coworkers escalating in an argument, specifics on prior applicable experience, adaptability to work environment, etc. Filled out paperwork, was back three days later to shadow General Manager. Was trained for a week on the line in the various stations, took a mostly-completed fill-in-the-blank test on the 51 sandwiches concerning their ingredients and portions. After that, assumed duties of Assistant Manager, being progressively trained upwards over the course of the rest of the month. New duties siphoned downward in manageable stream over time during this process.

Interview Question – Standard questions--no "curve ball". Interviewer was more concerned in taking in a fresh, presentable face without any bad habits from former management work, and maintained eye contact while assessing my body language, level of comfort and conversational agility.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for $12, expecting $10 for insignificant former experience. Was pleasantly surprised when offered $11. Raise came six months later, was rewarded for diligence and rising sales during my morning shifts with my original asking price.

Sandwhich Engineer Interview

West Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Which Wich in September 2012.

Interview Details – Basically you show up and if Scott likes you he'll invite you to 'try it out' for few hours without pay. Not really an interview, they just want to know you'll show up. If you are welfare to work this is a good place to get hired quickly. No real interview, very informal and disorganized. They will hire you if you agree to work a few hours free and you must work FAST.

Interview Question – Scott will ask you to tell him a joke. Seriously.
Work a few hours without pay and if you wrapped the turkey fast enough and can take some abuse from the employees you'll get the job.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told job paid $9.00 but only got paid minimum and no tips.

Sandwich Engineer Interview

Murphy, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Which Wich in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, using their website, and within 2 days the manager called me to set up an interview. He was very nice and easy to understand. Over the phone, he asked a me to confirm a few things in my application such as my age, location, availability, and how many hours I was looking to work. After this, he asked if I could come in for an interview in a little over an hour. When I got there he greeted me and we sat down at a table. He was mostly interested in my personality and how I handle meeting new people and new situations. He told me some about himself, and in general was very attentive and easy to communicate with. The he showed me around the store and told me how everything worked, and gave me a general idea of their cleaning procedures. This was my very first job interview and I was very nervous at first, but he quickly set me at ease with his calm, friendly, attitude. On the way out he shook my hand and thanked me for coming.

My advice is JUST BE YOURSELF:)

Interview Questions

Team Member Interview

Allen, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Which Wich in January 2012.

Interview Details – Hardly an interview. Store owner asked if I could stop by for a few minutes and basically just asked me when I was available for work. Few questions like "are you addicted to drugs" and similar questions but not what I would consider a "real" interview.

Interview Question – When are you available for work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Was told I would start at near minimum wage and I would get a raise after I showed my quality of work.

Associate Interview

Broken Arrow, OK

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Which Wich in October 2010.

Interview Details – I went in one day to talk to the manager. It was just a basic dialogue, but he had me come back the next day to meet the manager of the store.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Which Wich.

Interview Details – Application is online, and it asks some interesting questions. I can't recall anything specific, but they emphasized imagination and creativity in response. I think one was "Why is the sky blue?" There were others that indicated a silly answer could be appropriate. After this, I was contacted by the Manager and given a short interview. Was hired soon after.

Interview Question – Why is the sky blue?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Which Wich? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Which Wich interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Which Wich employees and interview candidates.