Whirlpool Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

HRLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Whirlpool.

Interview

Senior leader in HR plus another manager conducted interview. Very warm and approachable interviewers. Company very strategic focused on HR driving business results. Results oriented company. Focus stories on key results and tie that to business objectives/goals. They're always looking for leadership potential, confidence (not cocky) is key.

Associate Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whirlpool (Benton Harbor, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Contacted by recruiter 2 weeks later for short initial phone interview. Invited to visit company for on site interviewing day. Meet with 9 different people for 5 interviews in a day . Then I had lunch with 2 lead designers and finally, present my portfolio to Associate designers and senior designers! They asked a lot about the design process and how I solve the problems!

Customer Relations Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whirlpool (Cleveland, TN).

Interview

The team lead chooses who they want to Interview. A panel Holds the interview and "grades" your answers according to how they think you answered. Answers do not have to be true. Just make it up. Advice given was to practice answering questions from a handbook given to me as my job experience and qualifications play a minor role in getting offered the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whirlpool.

Interview

Recruiter screening call, recruiter set up interview with 6 one-person interviews onsite at Whirlpool headerquarters. Interviews went from mid-morning into the afternoon. It took quite some time for an answer of any kind.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle working with a large team of type-A personalities if we make conflicting requests?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Whirlpool.

Interview

As part of an internship before my senior year, I interviewed with the intern manager/recruiter. They were typical behavioral type questions. I'm not sure how the manager liked me since earlier in the summer I (even after reading the emails multiple times) didn't follow their directions exactly.

Engineer Interview

Interview

HR screening interview first, wait for about 2 weeks, then a phone interview from the hiring manager. HR interview asked questions about visa status, project preference, available time to start the job and the pay range for the position. The phone interview from the hiring managers asked questions mainly based on the resume. Get familiar with your own resume before the phone call will be fine. Get an onsite interview after about 2 weeks. I will set the answer to the following question to "Yes, and I accepted" to submit although I haven't finished the onsite interview yet.

Interview Questions

• What's the most exciting part in your study at XYZ University?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amana, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whirlpool (Amana, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me after 3 weeks and set up an initial interview which was pretty easy. She went over my resume and asked what I did my previous internships. Later next week she confirmed an interview with Hiring Manager in Benton Harbor and other Manager in Amana. I had interview over phone with both the Managers. They wanted to have another interview onsite which happened after like 4 weeks after my phone interview with both Managers. Manager in Amana went over and explained me what the job is all about and went over my resume and asked few questions. The onsite interview went for almost over an hour. They took 5-6 weeks after my final interview to let me know, I was selected for the job and had an offer in two days. The process of hiring really depends on how fast the manager wants to fills the position. In some cases, they might have to take lot of approvals before they bring you on board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me more than I expected. Plus I just graduated from college. The benefits and relocation is all taken care by Whirlpool. In short, it was a solid package!!!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Whirlpool (Knoxville, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview took about an hour. Spoke with 2 groups of 3 people and each asked questions off of a sheet of paper. It was very scripted and no questions were that difficult. After the interview it took about 40 days to hear anything back from them. It was a long and dragged out process.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most difficult task for whirlpool.   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whirlpool.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview. Really easy interview, came in and talked with a few people for about an hour. I'm over qualified for this position, so it was an easy sell. Heard back within a few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took what was offered

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whirlpool (Toledo, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Went through a temp. agency. Filled out application and was called next week for the interview. Met with recruiter and talk for about 20 minutes. Then I took a skill / physical test.

Interview Questions

• Normal -- not much detail. Why do you want to work for Whirlpool. What can you bring to whirlpool.. What are you looking for from whirlpool.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None