Whirlpool Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Lead Analyst, IT Process and Knowledge Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool (Benton Harbor, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial screenings were conducted by search firms and both of the resources I worked with were very professional and I would work with them again. The itinerary,travel arrangements, and reimbursement were handled by an HR resource in Texas. This information was very comprehensive and I did not have any problems with travel or reimbursement. The onsite interview there were some logistic issues because there was not a point of contact who knew my interview schedule or could provide me with any details about next steps. The other issue I had was that they had a local city representative show you the area and basically I spent 30 minutes driving around and eating lunch in her car. My interviewers were all very nice and explained the job details to me but none of them expressed why I would want to work there or what my career would be like there.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected questions were regarding my marital status and my family situation.   1 Answer

Application

I interviewed at Whirlpool in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online. Got contacted after two months for a Skype interview. The interview lasted about 1 hour (general questions about the company, motivation to join, situations from the past). The recruiter has never got back with the promised feedback after the interview. Neither the recruiter nor the scheduling person answered emails about application status.

Interview Questions

• Questions: How can Whirlpool keep their customers loyal? What are in your opinion challenges facing the company within next 5 years? What innovative solutions of Whirlpool do you know? What one word would you use to describe yourself? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why FTMP with Whirlpool? Give me an example of situation when you had to deliver results. Give me an example of situation when you failed. Give me an example of situation when you showed leadership skills.   Answer Question

Superintendent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool.

Interview

Posted resume on Whirlpool profile. Although I graduated from my university almost 8 years ago I attended my universities Career Fair. Whirlpool was there. Introduced myself and gave my 30-60 second pitch of my background. Provided resume but also informed them that I have already created a profile and my resume is on file. I rReceived a call 4 months later for a position. Had initial phone screening. Invited to travel to interview site. Had 4 interviews - Behavioral Based - STAR (add follow-up/monitoring/auditing actions to answers). Interview went very well. Received a call back that I would receive an offer but not for the original position initially applied for. Received a call 2 weeks later with a offer that bumped my title and pay grade.

Interview Questions

• Describe some historical factors that effect our industry. What are some of the current factors affecting our industry now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

See above

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whirlpool (Marion, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process is a little intense. I interviewed with 4 groups of people including HR and Quality Directors, Quality managers, productions managers, HR manager, and senior engineer. The offer came quickly though. I interviewed on a Friday and had my offer letter on Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I went through a recruiter and she was not very helpful with negotiations.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Whirlpool (Benton Harbor, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Very nice and streamlined, one on one interviews, not many technical questions, more behavioral and former experience type of questions.

had multiple offers and decide for another one, although Whirlpool's was competitive.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Whirlpool in March 2013.

Interview

CV got sent to Manager by friend. Phone interview late 2012, on site interview late march 2013. Easy on site interview, overall common questions from HR and psychology perspectives. No hard technical questions. On site interview followed by phone interview with director following week. Then some people from HR started calling to get information so they could put an offer package together, after all the offer never came in. Never got official feedback from hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool.

Interview

I submitted my resume at career fair, and talked about the position with the recruited for a while. He was very interested in my experience. He asked me a few questions about heat transfer, refrigeratory, and mechanical design. As he was satisfied with my answers, we scheduled a time to have an interview.

Interview Questions

• Their questions are very common behavioral questions, nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool.

Interview

Six people interviewed me for about half hours. Asked about every thing on my resume

GISLDP Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool in February 2013.

Interview

All behavioral questions such as whats your leadership style, why Whirlpool, Why GIS, Tell me a time when you had to innovate something, Tell me a time of conflict

Interview Questions

• whats ur leadership style, tell me the qualities you have in it   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Good process, found by a recruiter, interview was typical. Questions focus on previous work experience, with lots of examples. Be prepared to discuss previous success, learning moments, mistakes you've learned from, leadership characteristics, etc.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't a specific question, but it seemed to be a round robin of the same question worded different ways. Bottom line is... come with a list of examples of things you have done in the past that demonstrates your strengths in a number of differing capacities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was good, and fair... did not negotiate.