White House Black Market

Getting the Interview

68 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview Details – they make you select outfits in a timely fashion and then describe each outfit as you would to a customer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at White House Black Market in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was called for an interview on Sunday and had it on a Thursday. Then was called again for a second. You would think that was good, however, I have not received a call since.

Interview Question – There was no real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Folsom, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at White House Black Market in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a one on one interview which was a typical interview for a simple sales associate position at a retail store (they go through employees like crazy so don't stress too hard unless you want to make a career with the company)

Interview Question – Simple interview because its a simple starting point job. They want to know you can sell sell sell - no drama no issues - people skills - style - hard worker - relationship focus on the team for the store - you need to be a good "fit" for the other people you would work with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate pay

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at White House Black Market in February 2014.

Interview Details – The application is standard, nothing onerous. It took a couple of weeks to arrange an interview with the store manager once my application had been forwarded to the store. I shop at the store a lot so I made a point to ask to speak to the manager to follow up on my application. The manager was terrific and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – None. Lots of get to know you type questions, what have you been doing, why do you want to work here, etc   Answer Question

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at White House Black Market in August 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out paper application, they called a few weeks later, did a group interview. I was hired within a week.

Interview Question – Choose an article of clothing from the rack and try to sell it to me?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at White House Black Market.

Interview Details – I first heard about the interview when I got hired through a facebook group that I'm apart of that is for jobs & internships for students at my university. I emailed my resume to the email they had listed in their post and I was contacted a few days later about it with a date to come in for an interview. The interview didn't last very long but it was a lot of behavioral questions. I know that now you have to do a math test when you apply online.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you didn't reach a goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate anything since it was my first "real" job offer so I have no real advice to give to anyone else. I didn't haggle salary since it didn't make a difference when I accepted the job.

Sales Lead Interview

Charleston, WV

I applied in-person - interviewed at White House Black Market in July 2011.

Interview Details – It was quite proffessional and lad back.

Interview Question – How would you take an outfit from day to night?   Answer Question

Sales Associate, Stylist Interview

Sales Associate, Stylist
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at White House Black Market in June 2013.

Interview Details – You MUST apply online 1st, end of story. List of available PT jobs found via my university. Eager to set up interview, slight air of desperation. Very quick and straightforward. No out of the box questions. Mostly interested in whether or not I dressed decently and had the time.

Interview Question – "When have you gone above and beyond for a customer?" (Though every interview I've ever been on has also asked this).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity for pay negotiations.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at White House Black Market in June 2013.

Interview Details – Extensive interview process with DSMs

Interview Question – Standard questions, but be very prepared to have clear cut proof of your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Little Rock, AR

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at White House Black Market in December 2012.

Interview Details – Basic interview, hired on the spot

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basic

Interviews for Top Jobs at White House Black Market

Worked for White House Black Market? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at White House Black Market interview questions and advice. All 68 interview reviews posted anonymously by White House Black Market employees and interview candidates.