White Lodging Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

3.2

Accounting Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at White Lodging.

Recruiter contacted me via linkedin. I then had a phone interview with the recruiter, who later emailed me with an online survey. About a week later, I was offered an on-site interview with the hiring manager, general manager, and accounting manager. Standard and formal.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview where they asked lots of questions, not too conversational, very formal   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Crazy interview process! Be sure to google search whitelodging topgrade interview before you interview with this company. You will waste hours of your life in the interview process with assessments and an in-person interview that goes back to your high school years.

Interview Questions
    • recounting every manager since your first job in high school and why they were good or bad. Also, what were your strengths and weaknesses for every job you ever had. Exhausting and Silly!   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was long and drawn out because senior leadership must approve everything. They have no trust in their individual leaders to make decisions. We are not talking big money here either - we are talking less than $5K in salary negotiations.

General Manager Interview

One phone interview, two face to face interviews, one of them over dinner. This was before their current, humorous proofreading interviews which last hours. The owner was sold this practice by another wealthy friend who must have laughed all the way to the bank.

Interview Questions
    • During dinner I was asked about my favorite alcoholic drink   View Answer
    They brought to the table a salary higher than what was my current at the time.

Financial Analyst Interview

Initial interview was a phone call with the VP of Asset Management. Next step was an in-person interview with him at one of their properties in Chicago, which took about a little over an hour. A personality and technical test was required. The following week was a 3-hour behavioral interview with a psychologist at one of their properties in Chicago. The final interview a couple weeks after that was a few hours spent at their corporate office in Merrillville.

Interview Questions
    • The 3-hour behavioral interview was a little difficult for someone just coming out of college, because I don't have as much experience as a GM that has 5-10 years of experience to talk about.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at White Lodging in March 2014.

Met with recruiter at a job fair, interviewed on campus with two sales managers, moved on to the 2-day interview event. At the 2-day event, there was a networking event the first night then interviews were conducted the next morning. Later that day, you will know if you got an offer or not.

Interview Questions

I received a different position in my offer with relocation and I did not want to relocate for that position.

Guest Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at White Lodging.

Very simple questions act bubbly your basically hired. They have extremely high turnover so its really easy to get hired and even easier to get fired.

There is no negotiation

Cluster Sales MAnager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at White Lodging in October 2013.

I was recruited as a college near-graduate in my senior year. First step was an on-campus interview followed by two online assessments. The assessments were challenging but reasonable. I was contacted within 1 week inviting me to the full recruitment event, which consisted of 2 full days at one of the company's properties with graduates from around the nation. The weekend kicked off with a networking event with VIPs from the company nationwide, followed by a 2 hour interview (2:1) the following morning. We had an interviewee dinner, and were informed that evening if we had earned an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The networking event can be very stressful for some people because you really need to work the room and meet the right people. I found it helpful to ask each person i spoke to if they would introduce me to someone.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable, this was disappointing as the job is sales-based and negotiation is an important tactic

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at White Lodging in July 2013.

I was referred to White Lodging by a friend who worked for the company, so she just forwarded my resume and information to the General Manager, who set me up with an interview with the Director of Sales, and the Assistant General Manager. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and was general questions, mainly about my experience. They pretty much went down my entire resume, and asked specific questions about every single job listed and how I felt about each experience. After about a week, I was scheduled another interview with the General Manager, who I felt just wanted to make sure I would fit in with the company, and was told I would receive a phone call after she discussed every thing with the Director of Sales. On my way home, I received an offer for the job and started training the very next week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too terribly difficult, just a lot of questions about my previous jobs   Answer Question
    They asked what I previously made, and what kind of hourly rate I was looking for.

Revenue Manager Interview

2 interviews - 1st is a quick phone call to discuss certain aspects and potential qualifications. 2nd is a top grade with 2 managers to evaluate potential skills. Takes a while to go through the full interview.

Interview Questions
    • very long line of questioning, everything from highschool up to current.   Answer Question
    Simple - nothing to significant.

Gallary Host Interview

3 different interview that you will have to go through.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most situation that you felt both frustrating and satisfying at the same time?   Answer Question
    We would be honored and happy to offer you the position.