White Lodging Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

Front Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at White Lodging (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very long and detailed interview process. They were very good about communicating with me through out the process and informing me of the next steps. They asked a lot of great questions which made me feel like they were doing their job to find the right person.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about my work experience as well as personal life (going as far back as elementary school).   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at White Lodging.

Interview

Topgrading Interview is between 2-3 hours and they dig deeply into your past starting in high school and working through all of your jobs. You take a little break and they get some more questions for you and that last about 30 min after and then it is finished

Interview Questions

• What are some of your previous bosses strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at White Lodging (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 3 hours long. They start with your experiences all the back with high school and work their way up to present. A lot of questions are repetitive and a waste of time because you've already answered them in full detail a few questions ago.

Interview Questions

• What did you like most and least about a pervious supervisor/manager.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at White Lodging.

Interview

Be yourself. The interview was very relaxed and opened. All questions were to see if you were a great fit for the company. The hiring manager was very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered on spot. Did expect that so I didn't negotiate base pay.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at White Lodging (Houston, TX).

Interview

A supervisor called a few hours after I dropped off my resume, and we set up an interview. It went well, then I came back a few days later for a slightly tougher interview with the senior ops manager. I also took an easy online test. I then had to submit a drug test (urinalysis) within 48 hours, and management ran a criminal background check as well. After that, it took almost two weeks before I heard from anyone. For an entry level job, this process was much slower than expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went "above and beyond" for a guest.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a tough situation with a guest who has had too much to drink?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Manager asked what I was expecting, then told me what the base pay was. I doubt there was room for negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at White Lodging.

Interview

Talked with them at a career fair. The next day they hosted interview on campus at my school. After that I took 2 assessments at there 45 minutes each. That was where my process ended. I was not happy with their process because they had a technical issue with my assessments and I had to retake them. After taking them for the second time, they would not move me on to the next step in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• First interview. They make you go through your entire resume in great detail. Other than that typical interview questions   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Got an interview through my college career services website. I had to complete an online personality test and critical thinking test. Then had a 45 minute interview with one of their employees. The interview is very scripted and just goes through a booklet of questions. Their hotels and restaurants are based on select service mainly and I found it wasn't something I was interested in.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at White Lodging (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Was called on the phone to access my suitability for the position and then offered an in person interview. I met with the AGM we discussed my experience and what I hope to accomplish in the future, my work ethics as well as my beliefs in customer service.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you witness theft in the work place?   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at White Lodging.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via linkedin. I then had a phone interview with the recruiter, who later emailed me with an online survey. About a week later, I was offered an on-site interview with the hiring manager, general manager, and accounting manager. Standard and formal.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview where they asked lots of questions, not too conversational, very formal   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Crazy interview process! Be sure to google search whitelodging topgrade interview before you interview with this company. You will waste hours of your life in the interview process with assessments and an in-person interview that goes back to your high school years.

Interview Questions

• recounting every manager since your first job in high school and why they were good or bad. Also, what were your strengths and weaknesses for every job you ever had. Exhausting and Silly!   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was long and drawn out because senior leadership must approve everything. They have no trust in their individual leaders to make decisions. We are not talking big money here either - we are talking less than $5K in salary negotiations.