White & Case

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at White & Case.

Interview Details – Invited for 2 rounds of interviews. First was brief with HR coordinator and paralegals coordinator. Questions were detailed and pointed, but fair.

Second round was interviewed by a paralegal and partner in the group. Partner seemed very disinterested and informal, didn't really seem to have any interest in conducting the interview.

Took a writing test, though and was sent a letter in the mail a week later saying I didn't get the job. Overall, it was a blessing in disguise, the environment was not for me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you knew that you were not going to meet a deadline. What did you do?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at White & Case.

Interview Details – It was a very efficient process, and generally pleasant - but a little impersonal. I think the whole thing took roughly 4 hours. I spoke with the hiring manager and all 3 Lawyers I'd be assisting. Finally, I performed a written assessment. There was no follow-up in the end.

Interview Question – For the written assessment: Describe a time you faced an ethical dilemma. What was it, and how did you resolve things?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at White & Case in November 2008.

Interview Details – Was hired in 2005 under completely different circumstances compared to today. Also, interviewing was way easier years ago than now. I was hired for potential. Its hard to get a job today with only potential and very little tangible skills.

Work culture and the personalities have always been great even though a revolving door. If you are a stubborn type of person, you may have issues with inter office politics within the IT department.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at White & Case in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview went great, the panel interview was weird - It consisted of two guys sitting on opposite sides of the room mostly talking about their personal education (which was not even legal related - talking about how they wanted to be actors) peppered with a few questions that did not seem job related at all. They did not talk about the perks or benefits of the company or really anything related to the company. The interview was held in one of their offices which had papers everywhere and had a very unprofessional feel. I left knowing there would be no job offer as the job interview itself was so confusing.

Interview Question – Do you like coffee?   View Answers (2)

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at White & Case in August 2011.

Interview Details – People were generally very nice. Some of the questions I didn't expect, like "did you ever ask for an extension on an assignment"? and "what do you think you'll be doing as a legal assistant?" After I interviewed with one woman, I went into the office of another and talked with her briefly one-on-one.

Interview Questions

Associate Interview

Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at White & Case in September 2009.

Interview Details – Regular law firm interview process. On-campus portion followed by a call back interview lasting 4-5 hours.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me about my practice?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at White & Case in December 2011.

Interview Details – White and Case hires administrative staff mainly through an agency. First interview is with the agent, after that testing computer and language skills in the company, and some very basic questions from an HR representative - salary expectations, why changing jobs, prior experience. If the test results are satisfactory you get to the next round of interviews with executive assistants, lawyers and partners you are supposed to work with. Final interview with HR to summarize overall impression and announce your perspectives.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in our company. Why we should hire you.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Almaty (Kazakhstan)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at White & Case in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had an interview in Almaty office of White & Case with two partners who asked various cross questions about my previous experience, education and current interests, salary expectations and so on.

Interview Question – Taking into account that I have 4-5 years experience the question regarding whether I would excepted an offer of junior lawyer at W&C confused me. Moreover questions about salary expectations shouldn't be asked since a firm should make an offer. it is a problem in Kazakhstan   View Answer

Summer Associate Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at White & Case.

Interview Details – I had two interviews - one on campus interview and another day-long interview in the London office. In the first, I met with a partner and associate, and in the second I met with a number of partners and associates. Both were very friendly and interviewers seemed more keen on selling the firm than anything else. I was informed shortly thereafter with an offer letter.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at White & Case.

Interview Details – Meet with the Director and CFO on a call back and was offered the job within a day.

Interview Question – What could you offer to us.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR tired to handle the negotiation but I spoke with the Director and got what I wanted.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for White & Case? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at White & Case interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by White & Case employees and interview candidates.