White & Case

Updated Aug 11, 2014
Updated Aug 11, 2014

3.3

Associate Attorney Interview

During an interview for the Miami office, the interviewers were very clear that associates were expected to work just as much as if they were in the New York office. The type of work, however, was much more Central and South America focused.

Information Technology Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at White & Case in July 2014.

Over the phone interview, recruiter, and management team member. Asked questions about background, supported environments, trying to get a full understanding of services offered, and asked real detail questions about supporting services.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at White & Case.

Invited for 2 rounds of interviews. First was brief with HR coordinator and paralegals coordinator. Questions were detailed and pointed, but fair.

Second round was interviewed by a paralegal and partner in the group. Partner seemed very disinterested and informal, didn't really seem to have any interest in conducting the interview.

Took a writing test, though and was sent a letter in the mail a week later saying I didn't get the job. Overall, it was a blessing in disguise, the environment was not for me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you knew that you were not going to meet a deadline. What did you do?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at White & Case.

It was a very efficient process, and generally pleasant - but a little impersonal. I think the whole thing took roughly 4 hours. I spoke with the hiring manager and all 3 Lawyers I'd be assisting. Finally, I performed a written assessment. There was no follow-up in the end.

Interview Questions
    • For the written assessment: Describe a time you faced an ethical dilemma. What was it, and how did you resolve things?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at White & Case in August 2011.

People were generally very nice. Some of the questions I didn't expect, like "did you ever ask for an extension on an assignment"? and "what do you think you'll be doing as a legal assistant?" After I interviewed with one woman, I went into the office of another and talked with her briefly one-on-one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at White & Case in December 2010.

Phone interview went great, the panel interview was weird - It consisted of two guys sitting on opposite sides of the room mostly talking about their personal education (which was not even legal related - talking about how they wanted to be actors) peppered with a few questions that did not seem job related at all. They did not talk about the perks or benefits of the company or really anything related to the company. The interview was held in one of their offices which had papers everywhere and had a very unprofessional feel. I left knowing there would be no job offer as the job interview itself was so confusing.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at White & Case in September 2009.

Regular law firm interview process. On-campus portion followed by a call back interview lasting 4-5 hours.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at White & Case in November 2008.

Was hired in 2005 under completely different circumstances compared to today. Also, interviewing was way easier years ago than now. I was hired for potential. Its hard to get a job today with only potential and very little tangible skills.

Work culture and the personalities have always been great even though a revolving door. If you are a stubborn type of person, you may have issues with inter office politics within the IT department.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at White & Case.

I had two interviews - one on campus interview and another day-long interview in the London office. In the first, I met with a partner and associate, and in the second I met with a number of partners and associates. Both were very friendly and interviewers seemed more keen on selling the firm than anything else. I was informed shortly thereafter with an offer letter.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almaty (Kazakhstan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at White & Case in November 2012.

I had an interview in Almaty office of White & Case with two partners who asked various cross questions about my previous experience, education and current interests, salary expectations and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Taking into account that I have 4-5 years experience the question regarding whether I would excepted an offer of junior lawyer at W&C confused me. Moreover questions about salary expectations shouldn't be asked since a firm should make an offer. it is a problem in Kazakhstan   View Answer