White & Case Legal Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at White & Case.

Invited for 2 rounds of interviews. First was brief with HR coordinator and paralegals coordinator. Questions were detailed and pointed, but fair.

Second round was interviewed by a paralegal and partner in the group. Partner seemed very disinterested and informal, didn't really seem to have any interest in conducting the interview.

Took a writing test, though and was sent a letter in the mail a week later saying I didn't get the job. Overall, it was a blessing in disguise, the environment was not for me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you knew that you were not going to meet a deadline. What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for White & Case

Legal Assistant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at White & Case.

It was a very efficient process, and generally pleasant - but a little impersonal. I think the whole thing took roughly 4 hours. I spoke with the hiring manager and all 3 Lawyers I'd be assisting. Finally, I performed a written assessment. There was no follow-up in the end.

Interview Questions
    • For the written assessment: Describe a time you faced an ethical dilemma. What was it, and how did you resolve things?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at White & Case in December 2010.

Phone interview went great, the panel interview was weird - It consisted of two guys sitting on opposite sides of the room mostly talking about their personal education (which was not even legal related - talking about how they wanted to be actors) peppered with a few questions that did not seem job related at all. They did not talk about the perks or benefits of the company or really anything related to the company. The interview was held in one of their offices which had papers everywhere and had a very unprofessional feel. I left knowing there would be no job offer as the job interview itself was so confusing.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at White & Case in August 2011.

People were generally very nice. Some of the questions I didn't expect, like "did you ever ask for an extension on an assignment"? and "what do you think you'll be doing as a legal assistant?" After I interviewed with one woman, I went into the office of another and talked with her briefly one-on-one.

Interview Questions

Worked for White & Case? Contribute to the Community!