Whitepages Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.9

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews and one In Person interview at the Office. Phone interviews were about 30 minutes and the In Person interview was 2.5 hours. Not a panel but speaking to management individually. Very awesome people, great company culture! Did not get an offer but truly enjoyed the experience!

Interview Questions

• Asked to spend no more than one hour to prepare an assignment for in person interview   Answer Question

Whitepages Response

Aug 31, 2015 – Head of HR & Recruiting

We have worked really hard on ensuring a great candidate experience that reflects our company culture as an employee. I'm glad to hear it's working and that you are still a fan of Whitepages. We ... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Whitepages hosted one of the best interview processes that I have been a part of. They were able to accommodate some unorthodox needs of mine without batting an eye. Communication was superior to any other workplace I've interviewed with, applied to, or worked for. Initially there was a phone screen and then they brought me in for an interview loop with five different people or so. Expectations and timing were clearly laid out throughout the entire process. Overall it was highly enjoyable!

Interview Questions

• There was a brief role-playing exercise over the phone.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

The first phone call was with a recruiter and was a quick phone informational interview. The second call was with the Manager. The interview questions were around the resume and cover letter. The third interview was an in-office interview. I had a meeting with Managers within the company. There is also a 20 minute phone case study.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Not Relevant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was approached by a headhunter who did the basic skills and culture check. Next I met in person with an executive for a 'coffee chat' where he told me all the amazing products in the works and how my skillset would help the company grow more quickly. Within days I had a short round and one week later a presentation that the CEO attended. An innocuous question turned into a mini working session with the CEO and a few others so I was able to get a very good feel for the culture and work environment.

Interview Questions

• The exercise was difficult because it was Whitepages focused and of course I only had what I knew from my first round and the website. It would be good if the exercise was not Whitepages focused but was instead focused on a neutral site or one of my old companies. Quite a bit we discussed they said were good ideas but had not worked there. I was concerned that the fact that it had not worked would be weighted more strongly than the idea. It wasn't but not everybody is as good as the CEO at looking at the thought process instead of the actual recommendations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

they pay well and want to pay people what the top end of the market pays so the starting offer was in the ball park and the negotiation was simple and not stressful

PR/Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages in January 2015.

Interview

Applied, CMO viewed linkedin profile, had interview with recruiter, was brought in to interview with Social Media Manager (who has no tech or SaaS background) Interview was a very casual conversational interview. I thought it went well but not necessarily great. We covered many topic including a little bit about my vast tech experience and interest in the area. I received a call the next week from the recruiter which I really appreciated regarding the status of my application. I was told I was not selected to move forward because they wanted someone with more tech and SaaS experience. I have 10 yrs experience in tech including with several SaaS companies. I don't mind not being the right fit for a position but if you are going to take the time which is unusual for most companies to call and discuss why, at least give accurate feedback. Whoever gets the position may be a better candidate but I doubt they have the same tech and SaaS experience I do. This process was confusing.

Interview Questions

• My interview was very casual and no difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied at the careers webpage and two weeks later, I got an email from the HR team, asking me to take an online test. The online test comprised of an online challenge, which I solved. After a week, the HR contacted me to schedule a Skype Interview with a couple of its Engineers. But the immediate next day, I got an email saying the position had been filled and they could not move on with me in the application process.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

Did 2 coding "challenges", one at a campus job fair which was fairly quick, and the other was online after I heard back from them a few weeks later which took a few hours to complete. They got back to me to schedule a phone interview with 2 developers on the team. It consisted of mostly technical questions, questions about my resume, and also an easy coding problem. I bombed it but they were very polite and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Explain what happens between the time you submit a URL and the time the page is displayed in the browser.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

Onsite interview, really nice place. There were four people interviewed me and the questions were getting harder, but not super hard. I met searching team and mobile team. People are nice around there. I learned a lot during the interview. They called me about three or four hours after the interview of the result.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whitepages in November 2014.

Interview

I applied to Whitepages through LinkedIn and got a call. I was asked to complete an online coding challenge. Test cases were made to run and my code passed all the test cases. I expected to make it to the next round since my code passed all test cases. A week later, I got a reject via email. No skill test or no phone interview took place.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

I didn't like the interview process because they asked a programming question on phone without using any online editor or programming tool . Interviewer explained the question on phone and asked me to answer the question on phone. Firstly I didn't understand the question and by the time I understood the time was running out and was about to finish.