Whiting-Turner Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whiting-Turner (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Met at university career fair. Contacted a week later regarding an on site office at headquarters. Company covered all travel costs, which was very nice. Interview was very casual and lasted about 6 hours. The day consisted of: speaking with several different employees at different levels, lunch, and visiting a project site. Interview was a great experience.

Travel and commute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

After a phone interview, I was asked to come down to Baltimore to their headquarters for further interviewing. The whole interview was about 5 hours after speaking with multiple people in the office, visiting an active site, and then going out for lunch. It all seemed very casual and I can't recall having many typical "Interview questions"

Interview Questions

• Didn't have any stereotypical interview questions that I can remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was offered a position right after the interview and really wasn't expecting it so I didn't know what to say.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Whiting-Turner (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Initial interaction on campus; then trip to Baltimore to interview. Spoke with Division VP, VPs of two groups, and multiple PMs. Interview process lasted from 9am-4pm. Conversations were light; if the company brought you to their location they already trust in your abilities but they want to get to know you as a person. They stress that they only hire Project Engineers and then promote from within the company so most of their employees have been with the company for 15+ years.

Interview Questions

• Hardly any typical interview questions were asked. Conversations mostly revolved around getting to know your personality. They did ask what other firms you were interviewing with and several people continually asked if I had family in the area/ was I willing to relocate if they were to offer me the job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

submit resume and a cover letter - they look for key words in cover letter : show an interest in their field. The interviewer had a copy of my cover letter in front of her with comments.
    one on one interview. the interview was casual and friendly interview. focus was on what they do and what you would do when you work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whiting-Turner (Baltimore, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Process started with university career fair recruiting. A few leeks later I received notice that Whiting Turner wanted me to come in and sit for an interview.

Interview was relatively short. The result of the interview was an offer for internship employment. The senior project managers that I met with explained to me how it would benefit them to learn what kind of employee I was.

Interview Questions

• What in particular do you like about one of the many Whiting-Turner projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whiting-Turner (Baltimore, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

This is for a soon to graduate college student, I assume most interviews with WT would be similar.

Initial contact was at a college career fair, the standard chat and resume.

Follow up interview was on campus about a month later. Was a 1 on 1 interview with a Project Manager. Pretty standard get to know you type questions.

Was contacted a few weeks later for a second interview at their headquarters. They offered to fly me in, hotel, ect. Interview day started in the morning, talked to a few VPs, a couple younger Project Engineers. Was followed by a trip out to a local job site, talk/informal interview with a few more people.

All in all it was fairly laid back, it was early in the recruitment season, WT trying to grab a few of the best before they were taken. I was not offered a position, but I would say the experience was still positive.