Whiting-Turner Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.3

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview was a casual round robin interview format, first with the Vice-President and then with other various project managers. It went well and I was made and accepted an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• Commitment to entrepreneurial company format and company values.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

Started with a group interview with two other candidates. Then we each broke up into three individual interviews with two project managers and the VP. Each lasting about 30 minutes. We re-convened in the conference room to finish filling out paperwork. We went into a lot of detail about my past experience but also my hobbies and past times. Trying to find a good fit for the office and team.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do outside of work?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

Not too formal. They did a good job in keeping the interview comfortable and were very open to the interviewees thoughts about the company. The whole process was very timely. They seem to have the whole intern hiring process figured out at this point. I would suggest doing your research on the company before going into the interview.

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Met with multiple people and took a good amount of time. The questions were basic from the younger employees and more intense from upper management. Overall the process was typical. The office employees seem to have a more strict dress code enforced than other construction companies.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Pomona, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty relaxed interview. Interviewer didn't ask much questions, and there weren't many typical interview type questions. It lasted only 10 minutes for me. He mostly just reviewed my resume and asked me questions about it. I wasn't sure if the lack of questions was because he was immediately not interested in me or not, but he was very courteous nonetheless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Not too intimidating, they don't really care a lot about your past, more about the present. They want to see you have a drive to be here, and that you have a history of commitment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? What experience have you had in the construction field?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through my school career website and met them for an on campus interview. There was then another round of interviews that only selected members were invited back for. At the second round of interviews there were several people you had to talk with, while at the first round it was only one representative from the company.

Interview Questions

• How has your internship experience made you prepared for this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on campus had an interview scheduled. questions were very basic. the guy dint seem interested to take interviews at all. Was a waste of time. got a letter after 3 weeks saying you have not been selected

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

Was contacted to come in for an interview following meeting an employee at my schools career fair. Fairly standard interview, no trick questions. Interview with a VP and project manager then got to talk with a field engineer to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to resolve a conflict in a team setting.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

Got interview after university career fair. Asked normal questions. First was interviewed by the vice president and asked questions relating to previous internship. Then I was interviewed by a recent hire and the person was very laid back. Got honest answers from questions regarding things I had heard online. specifically about the pay and overtime.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Whiting Turner and What is your biggest weakness.   1 Answer