Whiting-Turner Interview Questions

2.4

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in August 2010.

I emailed in my resume. After that I was contacted for an interview. In the first interview I met with the Vice President that the position works closely with. About a week later I was called in for a second interview. I met with the VP again and with another employee. A few days later the VP contacted me and made the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do I ever want to join the family business that my father and uncle owned.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I was happy with the amount offered. I later regretted not negotiate because I could have gotten 2-3k more for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2014.

I was recruited on my campus and had an interview there. A few weeks later, I was asked to come to their Denver office for an on-site interview. All of the interviewers were very kind and kept the atmosphere light and entertaining, but the interview process was unorganized and I got no formal explanation of benefits, start dates, salary bracket, etc. I interviewed one-on-one with everyone in the office and then went to lunch with the interviewers and the few other interviewees. I had a late flight out of Denver, so I waited in the conference room for the rest of the afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you felt you didn't live up to your standards   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2014.

Met at university career fair. Contacted a week later regarding an on site office at headquarters. Company covered all travel costs, which was very nice. Interview was very casual and lasted about 6 hours. The day consisted of: speaking with several different employees at different levels, lunch, and visiting a project site. Interview was a great experience.

Travel and commute

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

They came to my school to recruit. I had one interview with 2 project managers. The gave me a call a few days later and said they would like me to spend the summer with them. The whole process was very informal which was a relief. Other companies make you interview with HR reps which can be a draw back.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding ethics. This is a strong point of the company and they want to make sure the people they bring onboard have the same values.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

I'm an international student.Signed up on campus --- attended the information session before the interview day (5 students came for the info session and i was one of them) --- then interview .On the day of interview, i met them and gave my resume and the first thing they said that they are only looking for the US citizens and not international students.The company should have mentioned it before during the signup process or at least during the info session which was 1 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in January 2013.

Initially met at a campus career fair and then communicated via email. i received a follow-up phone call interview then was given a on site interview. The onsite interview was disorganized, as well as the phone interview. I was surprised by the lack of professionalism

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose contracting and why are you applying to whiting turner?   View Answer

Superintendent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Simple interview process

no negotiation required

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

After a phone interview, I was asked to come down to Baltimore to their headquarters for further interviewing. The whole interview was about 5 hours after speaking with multiple people in the office, visiting an active site, and then going out for lunch. It all seemed very casual and I can't recall having many typical "Interview questions"

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have any stereotypical interview questions that I can remember.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was offered a position right after the interview and really wasn't expecting it so I didn't know what to say.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2012.

Met a few representatives at the career fair and made a particular effort to work at the Charlotte office. The interview was very personal and informative of the company. Mostly behavioral.

Project Engineer Interview

Had an on campus interview. Pretty standard. I had to call them after two weeks. I was then called in for a second interview. Talked to multiple people on different levels of the "corporate ladder". At the end I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Whiting-Turner? Contribute to the Community!