Whiting-Turner

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was recruited on my campus and had an interview there. A few weeks later, I was asked to come to their Denver office for an on-site interview. All of the interviewers were very kind and kept the atmosphere light and entertaining, but the interview process was unorganized and I got no formal explanation of benefits, start dates, salary bracket, etc. I interviewed one-on-one with everyone in the office and then went to lunch with the interviewers and the few other interviewees. I had a late flight out of Denver, so I waited in the conference room for the rest of the afternoon.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you felt you didn't live up to your standards   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met at university career fair. Contacted a week later regarding an on site office at headquarters. Company covered all travel costs, which was very nice. Interview was very casual and lasted about 6 hours. The day consisted of: speaking with several different employees at different levels, lunch, and visiting a project site. Interview was a great experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Whiting-Turner?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Travel and commute

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview Details – They came to my school to recruit. I had one interview with 2 project managers. The gave me a call a few days later and said they would like me to spend the summer with them. The whole process was very informal which was a relief. Other companies make you interview with HR reps which can be a draw back.

Interview Question – Questions regarding ethics. This is a strong point of the company and they want to make sure the people they bring onboard have the same values.   Answer Question

Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview Details – I'm an international student.Signed up on campus --- attended the information session before the interview day (5 students came for the info session and i was one of them) --- then interview .On the day of interview, i met them and gave my resume and the first thing they said that they are only looking for the US citizens and not international students.The company should have mentioned it before during the signup process or at least during the info session which was 1 hour.

Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initially met at a campus career fair and then communicated via email. i received a follow-up phone call interview then was given a on site interview. The onsite interview was disorganized, as well as the phone interview. I was surprised by the lack of professionalism

Interview Question – Why did you chose contracting and why are you applying to whiting turner?   View Answer

Superintendent Interview

Superintendent

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview Details – Simple interview process

Interview Question – none really that difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation required

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview Details – After a phone interview, I was asked to come down to Baltimore to their headquarters for further interviewing. The whole interview was about 5 hours after speaking with multiple people in the office, visiting an active site, and then going out for lunch. It all seemed very casual and I can't recall having many typical "Interview questions"

Interview Question – Didn't have any stereotypical interview questions that I can remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I was offered a position right after the interview and really wasn't expecting it so I didn't know what to say.

Intern Interview

Intern
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met a few representatives at the career fair and made a particular effort to work at the Charlotte office. The interview was very personal and informative of the company. Mostly behavioral.

Interview Question – What has been your biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Whiting-Turner

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview. Pretty standard. I had to call them after two weeks. I was then called in for a second interview. Talked to multiple people on different levels of the "corporate ladder". At the end I was offered a job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met at a college career fair at the university of florida, and later was invited to the south florida office for a formal interview.

Interview Question – Why whiting-turner?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whiting-Turner

Worked for Whiting-Turner? Contribute to the Community!