Whiting-Turner Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.4

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through my school career website and met them for an on campus interview. There was then another round of interviews that only selected members were invited back for. At the second round of interviews there were several people you had to talk with, while at the first round it was only one representative from the company.

Interview Questions

• How has your internship experience made you prepared for this position.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whiting-Turner (Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on campus had an interview scheduled. questions were very basic. the guy dint seem interested to take interviews at all. Was a waste of time. got a letter after 3 weeks saying you have not been selected

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

Was contacted to come in for an interview following meeting an employee at my schools career fair. Fairly standard interview, no trick questions. Interview with a VP and project manager then got to talk with a field engineer to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to resolve a conflict in a team setting.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

Got interview after university career fair. Asked normal questions. First was interviewed by the vice president and asked questions relating to previous internship. Then I was interviewed by a recent hire and the person was very laid back. Got honest answers from questions regarding things I had heard online. specifically about the pay and overtime.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Whiting Turner and What is your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Whiting-Turner in October 2014.

Interview

Through Career Fair got my first one on one interview and within two hours got an behavioral interview call. Next got a video interview call within two weeks!!
    The process was pretty easy specially for candidates who show who they really are and their passion for the industry!!

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whiting-Turner (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Met at university career fair. Contacted a week later regarding an on site office at headquarters. Company covered all travel costs, which was very nice. Interview was very casual and lasted about 6 hours. The day consisted of: speaking with several different employees at different levels, lunch, and visiting a project site. Interview was a great experience.

Travel and commute

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whiting-Turner (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

I was recruited on my campus and had an interview there. A few weeks later, I was asked to come to their Denver office for an on-site interview. All of the interviewers were very kind and kept the atmosphere light and entertaining, but the interview process was unorganized and I got no formal explanation of benefits, start dates, salary bracket, etc. I interviewed one-on-one with everyone in the office and then went to lunch with the interviewers and the few other interviewees. I had a late flight out of Denver, so I waited in the conference room for the rest of the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you felt you didn't live up to your standards   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2014.

Interview

I spoke to the representatives at the WT booth at my college's career fair. No on-campus interview (for interns at least). I received an email about a week later from a VP who was interested in offering me an internship. We set up a time to talk on the phone within a couple days after that. Very standard questions.

Are you interested in WT/relocating after graduation?
    Relevant experiences/ information about previous internships.
    GPA/experiences in my program (my VP graduated from the same college and department that I am in)

The phone call was around 20 minutes long, at the end I was offered an internship. I was in talks with some other companies and asked if I could take a little while to get back to him with a decision. I was told that it was fine, but there was a time limit on the offer (I wasn't told how long it was exactly, but I would imagine no more than 2 weeks at the maximum).

I confirmed that I would accept the internship offer a week later, and received an intro packet in the mail a month later with information on the program and directions for a drug test that had to be done before I started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stipend for interns is standardized across the company. Housing was also provided, which I was made aware of during the interview phase.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Whiting-Turner (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

I'm an international student.Signed up on campus --- attended the information session before the interview day (5 students came for the info session and i was one of them) --- then interview .On the day of interview, i met them and gave my resume and the first thing they said that they are only looking for the US citizens and not international students.The company should have mentioned it before during the signup process or at least during the info session which was 1 hour.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview

They came to my school to recruit. I had one interview with 2 project managers. The gave me a call a few days later and said they would like me to spend the summer with them. The whole process was very informal which was a relief. Other companies make you interview with HR reps which can be a draw back.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding ethics. This is a strong point of the company and they want to make sure the people they bring onboard have the same values.   Answer Question