Whiting-Turner

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was recruited on my campus and had an interview there. A few weeks later, I was asked to come to their Denver office for an on-site interview. All of the interviewers were very kind and kept the atmosphere light and entertaining, but the interview process was unorganized and I got no formal explanation of benefits, start dates, salary bracket, etc. I interviewed one-on-one with everyone in the office and then went to lunch with the interviewers and the few other interviewees. I had a late flight out of Denver, so I waited in the conference room for the rest of the afternoon.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you felt you didn't live up to your standards   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met at university career fair. Contacted a week later regarding an on site office at headquarters. Company covered all travel costs, which was very nice. Interview was very casual and lasted about 6 hours. The day consisted of: speaking with several different employees at different levels, lunch, and visiting a project site. Interview was a great experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Whiting-Turner?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Travel and commute

Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview Details – I'm an international student.Signed up on campus --- attended the information session before the interview day (5 students came for the info session and i was one of them) --- then interview .On the day of interview, i met them and gave my resume and the first thing they said that they are only looking for the US citizens and not international students.The company should have mentioned it before during the signup process or at least during the info session which was 1 hour.

Pleasanton, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whiting-Turner in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initially met at a campus career fair and then communicated via email. i received a follow-up phone call interview then was given a on site interview. The onsite interview was disorganized, as well as the phone interview. I was surprised by the lack of professionalism

Interview Question – Why did you chose contracting and why are you applying to whiting turner?   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview Details – After a phone interview, I was asked to come down to Baltimore to their headquarters for further interviewing. The whole interview was about 5 hours after speaking with multiple people in the office, visiting an active site, and then going out for lunch. It all seemed very casual and I can't recall having many typical "Interview questions"

Interview Question – Didn't have any stereotypical interview questions that I can remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I was offered a position right after the interview and really wasn't expecting it so I didn't know what to say.

Interviewed at Whiting-Turner

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview. Pretty standard. I had to call them after two weeks. I was then called in for a second interview. Talked to multiple people on different levels of the "corporate ladder". At the end I was offered a job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Project Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview Details – Initial contact was at my college career fair, had a brief introduction and some questions about my resume, lucky for me, the recruiter had already had a look at my resume from their database, which I had submitted weeks before the fair. Had a phone call a week later to come to their headquarters in Baltimore. It was a semi formal interview, very pleasant, easy and informative. I had already come prepared by researching about the company and practicing ways to show my passion for the construction business.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I readily accepted the offer

Very Easy Interview

Chantilly, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview Details – Very informal. I was interviewed at this position as a recent college graduate. They have called me up in their Chantilly office and conduced several informal interviews, then I headed out to the actual job-site to talk to the actual folks working out in the field. In terms of the interview style at the job site, it was very informational and still casual. I was walking around the job site with the Project Manager asking different questions and about the job site. After this brief job site visit, they also took me out to lunch to talk more in great detail about possible opportunities at Whiting-Turner. Again, it was very casual as if they were trying to assess whether I could be a fun co-worker or not.

Overall, very easy and relaxed process. Just be prepared to talk about yourself with passion in Construction Management, and it will be fine!

Reason for Declining – I was looking for some other opportunities.

Project Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview Details – I had one interview at my college and then another one a couple months later in their Baltimore office. They have actual project managers interview you, which is nice. There was one man at college. Then when I went to their office I interviewed with 3 people for a half hour at a time. After which they went over their benefits and details.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in construction?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted a job at another company that was based solely in one location. Whiting-Turner moves you all over depending on where the jobs are.

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Interview Details – Initial interaction on campus; then trip to Baltimore to interview. Spoke with Division VP, VPs of two groups, and multiple PMs. Interview process lasted from 9am-4pm. Conversations were light; if the company brought you to their location they already trust in your abilities but they want to get to know you as a person. They stress that they only hire Project Engineers and then promote from within the company so most of their employees have been with the company for 15+ years.

Interview Question – Hardly any typical interview questions were asked. Conversations mostly revolved around getting to know your personality. They did ask what other firms you were interviewing with and several people continually asked if I had family in the area/ was I willing to relocate if they were to offer me the job.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whiting-Turner

Worked for Whiting-Turner? Contribute to the Community!