Whiting-Turner

Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Got interview after university career fair. Asked normal questions. First was interviewed by the vice president and asked questions relating to previous internship. Then I was interviewed by a recent hire and the person was very laid back. Got honest answers from questions regarding things I had heard online. specifically about the pay and overtime.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Whiting Turner and What is your biggest weakness.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whiting-Turner

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Whiting-Turner in October 2014.

Through Career Fair got my first one on one interview and within two hours got an behavioral interview call. Next got a video interview call within two weeks!!
    The process was pretty easy specially for candidates who show who they really are and their passion for the industry!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2014.

Met at university career fair. Contacted a week later regarding an on site office at headquarters. Company covered all travel costs, which was very nice. Interview was very casual and lasted about 6 hours. The day consisted of: speaking with several different employees at different levels, lunch, and visiting a project site. Interview was a great experience.

Travel and commute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whiting-Turner in March 2014.

I was recruited on my campus and had an interview there. A few weeks later, I was asked to come to their Denver office for an on-site interview. All of the interviewers were very kind and kept the atmosphere light and entertaining, but the interview process was unorganized and I got no formal explanation of benefits, start dates, salary bracket, etc. I interviewed one-on-one with everyone in the office and then went to lunch with the interviewers and the few other interviewees. I had a late flight out of Denver, so I waited in the conference room for the rest of the afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you felt you didn't live up to your standards   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

I'm an international student.Signed up on campus --- attended the information session before the interview day (5 students came for the info session and i was one of them) --- then interview .On the day of interview, i met them and gave my resume and the first thing they said that they are only looking for the US citizens and not international students.The company should have mentioned it before during the signup process or at least during the info session which was 1 hour.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Whiting-Turner.

After a phone interview, I was asked to come down to Baltimore to their headquarters for further interviewing. The whole interview was about 5 hours after speaking with multiple people in the office, visiting an active site, and then going out for lunch. It all seemed very casual and I can't recall having many typical "Interview questions"

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have any stereotypical interview questions that I can remember.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was offered a position right after the interview and really wasn't expecting it so I didn't know what to say.

Project Engineer Interview

Had an on campus interview. Pretty standard. I had to call them after two weeks. I was then called in for a second interview. Talked to multiple people on different levels of the "corporate ladder". At the end I was offered a job.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Initial contact was at my college career fair, had a brief introduction and some questions about my resume, lucky for me, the recruiter had already had a look at my resume from their database, which I had submitted weeks before the fair. Had a phone call a week later to come to their headquarters in Baltimore. It was a semi formal interview, very pleasant, easy and informative. I had already come prepared by researching about the company and practicing ways to show my passion for the construction business.

Interview Questions
    I readily accepted the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whiting-Turner.

Very informal. I was interviewed at this position as a recent college graduate. They have called me up in their Chantilly office and conduced several informal interviews, then I headed out to the actual job-site to talk to the actual folks working out in the field. In terms of the interview style at the job site, it was very informational and still casual. I was walking around the job site with the Project Manager asking different questions and about the job site. After this brief job site visit, they also took me out to lunch to talk more in great detail about possible opportunities at Whiting-Turner. Again, it was very casual as if they were trying to assess whether I could be a fun co-worker or not.

Overall, very easy and relaxed process. Just be prepared to talk about yourself with passion in Construction Management, and it will be fine!

I was looking for some other opportunities.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whiting-Turner.

I had one interview at my college and then another one a couple months later in their Baltimore office. They have actual project managers interview you, which is nice. There was one man at college. Then when I went to their office I interviewed with 3 people for a half hour at a time. After which they went over their benefits and details.

Interview Questions

I accepted a job at another company that was based solely in one location. Whiting-Turner moves you all over depending on where the jobs are.