Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Team Leader

I applied online and interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Great interview because I felt very comfortable . They were pleasant and full of information and willing to discuss anything I asked.
I found that it is important to know their philosophy.

Interview Question – Why would I be a good team member?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received an offer for a lower paying entry level job. They promoted someone to the job I wanted.

Park City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2011.

Interview Details – At Whole Foods you are encouraged to move up or move out. It is common for Team Members to move into other departments, other stores, get promotions, etc. I was interviewed once in person and hired on the spot. The second interview for a promotion consisted of a panel of store leadership and peers (Team Members). This was a strange interview as the position needed to be filled and it was more a review of my Action Plan than it was an interview. I agreed on the raise and it was simply, you are the one, good luck. The last interview was denied. I wasn't even allowed to apply for the position let alone learn from the application and interview process. I was completely shocked at the disregard for personal development. When I began to express this disappointment and to question the decision made by store leadership, punishment ensued.

Interview Questions

• If your were to be fired a year from now, what would it be for?   View Answer
  • If the Store Leader asked you to wear a pink apron, would you do it?   View Answer

Swampscott, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2010.

Interview Details – I first met with direct manager that I would have been working under. He was very open and had a lot of good things to say about the company. The company is one of the best companies to work for when it comes to employee moral. I later returned to meet with a group of other managers. This was a bit nerve racking but they asked me mostly about myself and what I would do in certain situations. How do you disipline people? How do you deal with a dispute? What If you disagree with your boss? How do you deal with Customers. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO WHOLE FOODS.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your boss disagreed with descion that you made?   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with a Customer that was very rude to you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Not enough money for me.

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – Can be challenging. It matters the demographic and competition for position

Interview Question – What animal would I clarify myself as.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really not much of one

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!