Whole Foods Market

3.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2012.

Initial communication was done over phone and email. The hiring team leader was quite responsive and personable. We spoke on the phone as well and conducted an informal interview. The in-person interview had a panel of 5 - store team leader, regional coordinator, team leader, team member and a team leader from another department. It usually takes about 24 hours to hear back on the results from the interview. IF you did not receive the position you will likely receive feedback on why not and what to improve before you apply again (if you are set on working for the company).

Interview Questions
  • It is hard to say what the most difficult question is, but some of the harder questions involve financials (margin, etc) as well as real life scenarios that management is involved in. The interview panel will ask questions to gauge proficiency in managing people as well as extensive knowledge in department operations and product knowledge. It is very common to get promoted from within, but when no viable candidates are identified, outside candidates receive a chance to interview.   Answer Question
There was no room for negotiation on the hourly wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2010.

The interview process is conducted in a group setting. The group is comprised of both store management and team members. Everyone helps in the candidate selection. Candidates are asked questions by all members of the group.

Associate Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2008.

The hiring interview process at whole foods was exceptionally casual, and by casual I mean my interviewer was wearing warm-up pants, a white t-shirt and running shoes, for both initial and final interviews it was just the person above the postion I was interviewing for and their direct supervisor. They asked all of the usual questions with the focus on retail experience, I have an extensive background in food/nutrition already so they're were most concerned about whether or not I'd be able to carry out the retail and merchadising side of things. They didnt ask anything weird, just about interactions with former co-workers, management situations, and relationships with athority figures, very straight forward. I took in letters of rec. and read all fo the company values and history pre-interview so I was really well prepared, I didnt actually need most of the information I'd read up on but knowing it helped me tailor my answers to reflect the kind of employee that I though they were looking for. They called me immediately (I mean I was still in the parking lot) back for a second interview which went pretty much the same they had me elaborate on why I wanted to work there and asked some more detailed retail questions. Ultimately I lost the position to an internal candidate but was strongly encourage to stand by for furture openings, since then nothing has come of it which makes me wonder if they say that to all the dissapointed hopefuls...

Interview Questions
    • What attracts you to a specific product on the shelf?   View Answer

Associate Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

You must submit a resume to the store and team you want to apply for. You must also contact several members of leadership and regional. You must interview in front of a panel and prove you are better than anyone else. It's very competitive and can be very stressful. I have seen very good very competent people get turned down and instead had less qualified candidates get the position based on "personality" or "leadership style". You can't predict how you will do in an interview because so many things can come into play.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to change direction and work towards a new goal.   View Answer

Associate Team Leader Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2011.

The Team Leaders at Whole Foods really expect you to visit every store and meet them. Don't worry about asking them too much of the job itself, but give them a chance to get to know you as a person and how your personality will fit in with their team.

Interview Questions
    • Were there any questions what you weren't asked, but were prepared for?... followed by them asking such question.   Answer Question
    • What are you most afraid of if you take this job offer? ... followed by How will you tackle that said fear?   Answer Question

Associate Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2009.

WF's called me to come in for an interview.
    Do your due diligence.
    They ask that you do a 30,60,90 action plan.
    Interviewed with a panael of 7.
    24 hours later I got a job offer.
    There was the store team leader, the team leader of the particular department, the coordinator of the the deparment, and 4 other team members..
    The interview was held at the regional offices. This office is well kept and very green. When you first walk in you are greeted by the receptionist who was very nice.
    Whole Foods culture is terrific!

Interview Questions
    • If you had to take away one core value which one would it be and why?   Answer Question
    I negotiated and it worked in my favor. Don't be affraid to negotiate all they can say is no.