Whole Foods Market Bakery Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Reno, NV).

Interview

Interview was casual and laidback. I was interviewed by two people, the store manager and team manager. The whole process from filling out the application, first phone call to set up interview, actual interview, to starting date was quite long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

We sat at a table outside and briefly talked about the job and the hours. She asked me about my experience and my availability. I was informed that the job was not very hands on and that I would probably like to apply at another location that was hiring a cake decorator.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call asking if I was still interested 10 days later, set up phone interview for two days later. Will update more after the interview process is over!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Wayne, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

This is just for the first interview. I was told that if they are interested, I would be called in/notified either way by Friday (end of the same week). Only gone through one set of interviews by two people so far: Team Leader Supervisor, Team Leader. They were very nice and asked typical questions but specific to their particular industry. Was told what the starting salary would be for entry level. Interview was close to two hours. They emailed me the next day after posting my resume. Did not get an offer or rejection yet. Updated 3/15/2015 I received an email for a second interview but await confirmation of a better date for the interview because I had prior engagements I could not rearrange. I really want this job because I love the philosophies of this company. I will update after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work for Whole Foods? Why do you want to work in the Bakery Department? Explain a time you had a conflict with your employer and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Found job listing Tuesday & applied online. Received a call from the bakery department team lead & was asked to come in for an interview that following Friday.. I interviewed with the team lead & the bakery assistant, then had a quick interview with the store manager..interview was very straightforward, relaxed--overall simple & easy going..very quick process. I had no prior bakery experience (only 1 yr customer service/cash handling) & I was offered the job on the spot. Starting pay at $11/hr, 30hours a week Every location will be a different experience but I'd recommend being confident, be yourself, & be truly enthusiastic about learning skills from the job..growing within the company & building good work relationships. Emphasize your values & beliefs about healthy living/eating/positive lifestyle changes & you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Rochester Hills, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

My first interview was pretty brief. I interviewed with the two Assistant Team Leaders of the bakery department. They didn't ask very difficult questions, just going over my work history- what I did at previous jobs, why I left them, etc. They said their Team Leader would be there in an hour and asked if I could do my second interview later that day, which I did. When I said I liked Whole Foods' values, the team leader perked up and asked, "Like what?" which I was not particularly prepared for... It would probably be helpful to research the company values because they seem pretty important to management.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods? How do you handle working in a stressful environment (or something like that)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was incredibly laid back. I met with the TL and one of the Assistant Store Team Leaders. They basically just asked me about previous experience, and why I was interested in the position. I would recommend studying up on Whole Foods' core values prior to the interview, because they really want employees who embody them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate pay, because they start off all of their team members at the same hourly pay.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

Interview

Keep in mind it seems that Whole Foods switches up the hiring process depending on the store, so my experience may be different from yours, however if you have a group interview the process will probably go like this. It was a group interview with about 14 other candidates. I had never been to a group interview so I was a little unsure of what to expect but it turned out to be pleasant. They brought us into a room with a power point presentation prepared, there were about 5 or 6 employees from different departments who each took turns telling us a little bit about themselves and the departments they work for. Then they went around had us say our names, and answer a few questions, "Why do you want to work for whole foods?" "What is your favorite food?" What department are you interested in. After that they began a short presentation about Whole Foods explaining a brief history as well as the core values. If you can, before your interview do a little research on Whole Foods because the person conducting the interview asked us a few things to see if anyone knew about whole foods, just basic stuff like the year the first store opened and where. After the presentation they divided us into groups and we had to come up with a short presentation in our groups that reflected the core values of whole foods. Some groups did skits my group just took turns explaining important aspects of customer service. Make sure you talk loud and try to assert yourself they are looking for outgoing people and people that give the most effort. After that there was one more exercise in different groups, this time my group did a small skit. We really only had 5 minutes, so we kind of freestyled our way through it but as long as you do it with a smile and talk loudly you'll be fine. After that we we were done, the whole thing was about two hours long. Some things to keep in mind before the group interview: Speak loudly when talking to the room Embrace the activities and give maximum effort Show you can work well with your team Smile a lot When you are leaving shake everyones hand before you go Dress nicely, a few people wore hoodies and jeans and I doubt any of them got called back. Another person wore a full suit and I doubt he got called back either, find some middle ground. Some people in the group were try-hards; don't be one of these people. It's ok to be enthusiastic but don't talk too much to the point where you are saying redundant things and holding up the person leading the interview. My second interview didn't seem like an interview at all. I was contacted a few days later to come back for a one on one and ended up getting hired on the spot. I was barely asked any questions by the Bakery team lead and he ended up hiring me for a position that paid a dollar more than I thought, with more hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but I was offered a $1.40 more than I was originally told was offered to people starting.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with the bakery assistant manager who then introduced me to the assistant store manager. They both asked a variety of questions about my experience and my knowledge on organics. They asked if I knew about Whole Foods Market and what they stand for. The bakery assistant manager informed me of the requirements of the job and asked if I could fulfill the tasks. She also inquired about availability and expressed how important flexibility is.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I knew about organics and if I knew what GMO means.   1 Answer

Bakery Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online through the corporate website. I received an email shortly after saying that my resume and application had been received, and the next step would be that a WFM employee would review both and then get a hold of me.

Interview Questions

• My most difficult question to answer was "When was a time that you had difficulty working with someone in your last job?" because I was only part of a 2-person office, and didn't want to speak about my difficulties with my boss.   Answer Question