Whole Foods Market Bakery Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.4

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bakery Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2014.

I submitted my resume online through the corporate website. I received an email shortly after saying that my resume and application had been received, and the next step would be that a WFM employee would review both and then get a hold of me.

Interview Questions
  • My most difficult question to answer was "When was a time that you had difficulty working with someone in your last job?" because I was only part of a 2-person office, and didn't want to speak about my difficulties with my boss.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Team Member Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

There was 3 interviews the first one was a screening with workforce 1. The 2nd one was a group interview with wholefoods reps who were looking for personality and how well you interact with customers . So they broke us up into smaller groups and gave us scenarios to act out. The 3rd interview was one on one with dept manager there I was asked of my skills and the manager gets to see if your someone the would want to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when you had to work under pressure?
      Describe a time u had to deal with an irate customer?
      What is good customer service?
        Answer Question

They were going to send me to another location , not the one I was requesting and it was to far from my home

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online. I received a phone call the next day requesting an interview and was asked a few screening questions. Three days later I went in for the interview with the team leader and another team member. It was very casual and relaxed and there was a bit of cracking wise, so it's important to remind yourself that it's still an interview. The questions were fairly standard for a customer service job. The interview seems largely to be about feeling you out to see if your personality is a good fit for the team. The best approach is to just be yourself and be honest. After about 30 minutes they thanked me and said they'd call me the next day to let me know if I had the job.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2012.

I had initially applied online through the Whole Foods career site and was e-mailed later with an invitation to a large hiring event. You select your first choice department to work in (based on your skills and background) and then start the interviews. Went through 3 interviews. If you make it through all three, then you're hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. I think they're more trying to get a feel for your personality.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Applied online. First step is interview with Bakery Team Leader. Second step is group meeting of
    Team Member applicants in a room with Team Leaders from all departments.
    Given all the WFM hype - customer service, how great it is to work there.
    Told we would be contacted by Email within 24 hours either way. One month later, I'm still waiting
    for their decision! Where's the customer service?

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Was called by Team Leader 3 days after I applied online. She asked me some preliminary questions to see if I would even be considered and then she asked me to come in two days later and it was a very laxed interview with her and her assistant team leader. They asked me my background and why I chose to apply at WF and were pleased to hear that I came from a farming background and appreciated that I understood the basics of farming and agriculture. I brought along a collection of my cakes and pastries from my former cake decorating business. They were very impressed that i was self taught and could work very versatiley. The team leader said that she would hire me right on the spot if it wasn't company policy for me to meet with her boss for a second interview. That interview was two days later and I was basically asked the same questions just more in depth to wow the store manager. I was hired right then and there!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to apply at Whole Foods Market?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Pretty straight forward with what they needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2010.

Interviewed with the store team leader first, then interview with Bakery team leader and hired the next day. It was very casual and they gave me free food and drink. If you just act excited and interested in everything about the store then you are totally in there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wellesley, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2012.

My friend who worked in the Bakery department spoke with her Team Leader and got me an interview with him. Their questions seemed to focus mostly on costumer service, and situational questions. I sat with the Team Leader in the customer community area and he asked his questions and went over my information, and then he called over one of the Assistant Store Team Leaders, who asked a few questions of his own. Once the ASTL was done and gave his approval, I was hired! It took less than a week for my background check to go through, and then I was ready to start (I did the rest of my paperwork on my first day, such as taxes).

Interview Questions
    • "What was your most difficult customer experience, and how did you handle that difficult customer so that they left with a smile?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2011.

Got a phone call and set up an in person interview after applying through the website. I interviewed with the Assistant Team Leader and it was a pretty straight forward process. It was pretty easy just make sure you tell them that you can work any shift available, that seems like it really helps chances.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer's needs?   Answer Question
    If you have no exp u really don't have leverage to negotiate, they will tell you what ur starting pay will be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

Saw the job online. Signed up with WF website, created a profile, uploaded my resume, entered all of my job history various times on the WF website profile, created a cover letter for the website. Received an email inviting me to the job fair. Showed up at job fair, met with three people, all were very nice. Was interviewed by one local manager, then passed to another location's manager. At the job fair there were 3 tables lined up with two interviewers at each table. They all had one interviewee they were both talking to, but you were seated right next to the other people. You could hear other people interviewing at the same time as you. It was a small challenge to maintain focus while you were answering or during the pause before the next question not to start listening to other people. She asked me many questions about relevant job history, what i know about WF stores, if I could help with certain bakery things, cake decorating, training, etc. She offered me an hourly rate on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • -Tell me a little bit about what you did at your last job. I wasn't prepared for a clear concise answer for this.
      -Do you shop at WF; if so, what is it you like about it? Specifically.
      - Tell me a little about the signage at your whole foods, what do you notice.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. She offered I accepted.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!