Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Berkeley, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the store team leader first, then interview with Bakery team leader and hired the next day. It was very casual and they gave me free food and drink. If you just act excited and interested in everything about the store then you are totally in there.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Wellesley, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2012.

Interview Details – My friend who worked in the Bakery department spoke with her Team Leader and got me an interview with him. Their questions seemed to focus mostly on costumer service, and situational questions. I sat with the Team Leader in the customer community area and he asked his questions and went over my information, and then he called over one of the Assistant Store Team Leaders, who asked a few questions of his own. Once the ASTL was done and gave his approval, I was hired! It took less than a week for my background check to go through, and then I was ready to start (I did the rest of my paperwork on my first day, such as taxes).

Interview Question – "What was your most difficult customer experience, and how did you handle that difficult customer so that they left with a smile?"   Answer Question

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call and set up an in person interview after applying through the website. I interviewed with the Assistant Team Leader and it was a pretty straight forward process. It was pretty easy just make sure you tell them that you can work any shift available, that seems like it really helps chances.

Interview Question – When was a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer's needs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have no exp u really don't have leverage to negotiate, they will tell you what ur starting pay will be.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

Interview Details – Saw the job online. Signed up with WF website, created a profile, uploaded my resume, entered all of my job history various times on the WF website profile, created a cover letter for the website. Received an email inviting me to the job fair. Showed up at job fair, met with three people, all were very nice. Was interviewed by one local manager, then passed to another location's manager. At the job fair there were 3 tables lined up with two interviewers at each table. They all had one interviewee they were both talking to, but you were seated right next to the other people. You could hear other people interviewing at the same time as you. It was a small challenge to maintain focus while you were answering or during the pause before the next question not to start listening to other people. She asked me many questions about relevant job history, what i know about WF stores, if I could help with certain bakery things, cake decorating, training, etc. She offered me an hourly rate on the spot.

Interview Question – -Tell me a little bit about what you did at your last job. I wasn't prepared for a clear concise answer for this.
-Do you shop at WF; if so, what is it you like about it? Specifically.
- Tell me a little about the signage at your whole foods, what do you notice.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. She offered I accepted.

Bakery Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Emailed to come in for an interview about a week after applying online. Large group interview with 30 potential candidates and 6 or so evaluators. Given various PowerPoint presentations on Whole Foods' values and history. Evaluators rotated between groups of candidates. Asked to do various group exercises, such as a puzzle, skits and presentations. No one on one time with any of the evaluators, seemed to be targeting people who are highly outgoing,

Interview Question – Asked to eliminate one of the company's core values and explain your logic.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – Walked in to inquire about the position. Interview occurred next day. Very professional and pleasant environment. Supervisor looked over my resume and asked questions pertaining to my work experience, interests in life, and desire to excel and grow in all areas. The process lasted 30 minutes. All the team-members always seem very happy which is a testament to the management.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you were able to foresee difficulties arising and how you were able to control it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other position offered during the same time.

Marlton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Past by. Asked for manager, i got an interview with manager. Then with assistant manager. Then with store team leader. The process was long 1 month. The best way to get in is uf you know someone who works there.
They started you at 10 $. It might change in the middle of this year to started you at 11$

Interview Question – Tell me about your self, availability,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Its what they offer. Thats it

Very Easy Interview

Bakery Team Member

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2013.

Interview Details – It took about one week.

Interview Question – None of the questions they ask are difficult, if you do your research on their website you should be fine. Learn Core Values   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2013.

Interview Details – The entire process took about 3 weeks. I applied on their website and in about 3 days I got a call. I didn't realize at the time but it was an initial interview. the person on the phone asked me what I knew about Whole Foods/Why I wanted to work there/About myself. They eventually asked me to come in for an interview.the next week. The interview turned out to be a group interview with about 25 other people and about 10 of their Team Leaders. I've had other group interviews that were HORRIBLE, and so I was expecting the worst, but this was an enjoyable experience. There were snacks available, and we all took turns talking about ourselves. We had to make skits in groups and learned about the company. Although it felt a little "high school" it was an efficient way to see how people worked with others.
After about 3 days I got another call to come in for a 2nd interview. This time it was just me and 2 team leaders. They told me about the job, made sure I was able to perform the duties required since this position is at their busiest store, and offered me a position. Everyone at the store is very friendly and I am SUPER excited to start work.

Interview Question – What would you do if someone who spoke a different language asked you for help?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, everyone starts at the same part-time rate.

Bakery Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – It was three part interview with three different people. It was okay. General questions about knowledge and what I did and did not know.

Interview Question – They asked me what I would do if another team member wasn't pulling his/her own weight and they were slacking off all the time while I did most of the work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none. I was offered a position at a certain rate of pay and I accepted.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!