Whole Foods Market Bakery Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.5

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bakery Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2014.

I submitted my resume online through the corporate website. I received an email shortly after saying that my resume and application had been received, and the next step would be that a WFM employee would review both and then get a hold of me.

Interview Questions
  • My most difficult question to answer was "When was a time that you had difficulty working with someone in your last job?" because I was only part of a 2-person office, and didn't want to speak about my difficulties with my boss.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online. I received a phone call the next day requesting an interview and was asked a few screening questions. Three days later I went in for the interview with the team leader and another team member. It was very casual and relaxed and there was a bit of cracking wise, so it's important to remind yourself that it's still an interview. The questions were fairly standard for a customer service job. The interview seems largely to be about feeling you out to see if your personality is a good fit for the team. The best approach is to just be yourself and be honest. After about 30 minutes they thanked me and said they'd call me the next day to let me know if I had the job.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Was called by Team Leader 3 days after I applied online. She asked me some preliminary questions to see if I would even be considered and then she asked me to come in two days later and it was a very laxed interview with her and her assistant team leader. They asked me my background and why I chose to apply at WF and were pleased to hear that I came from a farming background and appreciated that I understood the basics of farming and agriculture. I brought along a collection of my cakes and pastries from my former cake decorating business. They were very impressed that i was self taught and could work very versatiley. The team leader said that she would hire me right on the spot if it wasn't company policy for me to meet with her boss for a second interview. That interview was two days later and I was basically asked the same questions just more in depth to wow the store manager. I was hired right then and there!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to apply at Whole Foods Market?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Pretty straight forward with what they needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Applied online. First step is interview with Bakery Team Leader. Second step is group meeting of
    Team Member applicants in a room with Team Leaders from all departments.
    Given all the WFM hype - customer service, how great it is to work there.
    Told we would be contacted by Email within 24 hours either way. One month later, I'm still waiting
    for their decision! Where's the customer service?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

Saw the job online. Signed up with WF website, created a profile, uploaded my resume, entered all of my job history various times on the WF website profile, created a cover letter for the website. Received an email inviting me to the job fair. Showed up at job fair, met with three people, all were very nice. Was interviewed by one local manager, then passed to another location's manager. At the job fair there were 3 tables lined up with two interviewers at each table. They all had one interviewee they were both talking to, but you were seated right next to the other people. You could hear other people interviewing at the same time as you. It was a small challenge to maintain focus while you were answering or during the pause before the next question not to start listening to other people. She asked me many questions about relevant job history, what i know about WF stores, if I could help with certain bakery things, cake decorating, training, etc. She offered me an hourly rate on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • -Tell me a little bit about what you did at your last job. I wasn't prepared for a clear concise answer for this.
      -Do you shop at WF; if so, what is it you like about it? Specifically.
      - Tell me a little about the signage at your whole foods, what do you notice.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation. She offered I accepted.

Team Member Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

There was 3 interviews the first one was a screening with workforce 1. The 2nd one was a group interview with wholefoods reps who were looking for personality and how well you interact with customers . So they broke us up into smaller groups and gave us scenarios to act out. The 3rd interview was one on one with dept manager there I was asked of my skills and the manager gets to see if your someone the would want to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when you had to work under pressure?
      Describe a time u had to deal with an irate customer?
      What is good customer service?
        Answer Question

They were going to send me to another location , not the one I was requesting and it was to far from my home

Bakery Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Emailed to come in for an interview about a week after applying online. Large group interview with 30 potential candidates and 6 or so evaluators. Given various PowerPoint presentations on Whole Foods' values and history. Evaluators rotated between groups of candidates. Asked to do various group exercises, such as a puzzle, skits and presentations. No one on one time with any of the evaluators, seemed to be targeting people who are highly outgoing,

Interview Questions
    • Asked to eliminate one of the company's core values and explain your logic.   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Walked in to inquire about the position. Interview occurred next day. Very professional and pleasant environment. Supervisor looked over my resume and asked questions pertaining to my work experience, interests in life, and desire to excel and grow in all areas. The process lasted 30 minutes. All the team-members always seem very happy which is a testament to the management.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you were able to foresee difficulties arising and how you were able to control it.   Answer Question

Other position offered during the same time.

Bakery Team Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2013.

It took about one week.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions they ask are difficult, if you do your research on their website you should be fine. Learn Core Values   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

It was three part interview with three different people. It was okay. General questions about knowledge and what I did and did not know.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I would do if another team member wasn't pulling his/her own weight and they were slacking off all the time while I did most of the work.   View Answer
    There was none. I was offered a position at a certain rate of pay and I accepted.