Whole Foods Market

Updated Sep 3, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2014.

They asked me the standard questions like:

"Why would you like to work for Whole Foods?"
"What's your favorite drink?"
"Have you any prior food service or retail experience?"
"How long have you worked at (previous coffee employer)?"
"Are you willing to leave your current job?"

I know I particularly wanted a second job or a place that could apply full time. They told me immediately they were looking for night shift & weekend only; 25 - 30 hours a week. They didn't speak anything about pay with me.

I know at the time I applied, about 70 others had applied. I am aware that WF is really competitive. The interview only lasted 10 minutes, which personally I felt was not a good sign. I had the interview with two people present and both seemed friendly but not genuinely fully invested in the interview. I was prepared for more complicated questions but again, the interview was not long enough to even get to important questions.

Interview Questions
  • "Are you willing to look into other positions or expand with the company?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2009.

applied for a job on the internet, had to apply several times before I got called for an interview. The interview was relatively easy and straightforward. I first met with a store leader, then was called back a few days later to meet with the team leader of the team i'd be working on. He said it was between myself and one other person but that he picked me because I was funny, outgoing, and friendly. They are really big on personable people, so even if you aren't normally witty, and outgoing, it's best to try to be for your interview, it could mean the difference between you and someone else.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask any difficult questions at my interview. They asked if I liked cooking, why I wanted to work for Whole Foods, if I shopped there prior to applying. They asked a lot of questions about my previous jobs, I assume since the experience was specifically relevant to the job I was applying for there. They asked why I left my previous jobs, what my duties were, etc.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation for me. They told me their starting pay, and since I was not applying for a higher-up position I didn't bother to try for something better; the pay was also much better than what you can normally expect for a Barista.

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2011.

I submitted application online. I followed up by going into the store to inquire more. Then I got a call from a manager and was asked if I had time to do a mini phone interview. It was average. Some questions that were basically going over and confirming the info I already gave them, with some real interview questions thrown in. I was already prepared from studying their website, which helped me in answering the questions. Then we scheduled an in store interview. It seemed to go well. Above average difficulty considering, it was pretty thorough with a mix of all different kinds of the standard interview questions. As long as you did some homework, are familiar with the company you'll be fine. Definitely they threw in questions that are kind of tricky, that are no win interview questions and you have to find a way to answer honestly without looking like a cheeseball. I enjoyed the interview and felt comfortable with the person interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time at work when you got angry?   View Answer
    • I spoke to this reference you put, so what do you think she told me that she thinks your biggest weaknesses are?   View Answer