Whole Foods Market

Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cake Decorator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Panel review. Short 15-25 minute interview. Was asked a series of casual questions regarding experience, attitude towards learning, willingness to work overtime to complete projects. Seemed as though they really just wanted experience and a positive attitude. Was hired and offered the job five minutes after I left over the phone.

Interview Questions
  • What did you dislike about your previous job? Do you have any food allergies?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2014.

I spoke to Someone about a month ago, then spoke to Another manager , then was brought in and spoke to three other hire ups, and was finally offered the position. They only start out at 12.00/ hr. And the max cap for the position pays 17/hr. I went online with a link they provided to submit my background check information immediately and discovered that for whatever reason, it had to be re-submitted. I called the store to rectify the matter, and I called the company to re-send the link to resubmit the information. In having touched base with The manager and she went ahead and filled the position due to the transpirance of time it took to get it all straightened out, not of any fault of my own.
    There was also a condensending tone with Her in alluding to having to put all of my years of experience into motion with having to do a presentation, as if my portfolio didn't matter. The other manager also said "after asking what my salary expectations were, and saying I was making 20/ hr. Right up the street, She believed in paying people what they were worth" ha, that after she comes back and says "they were only in a position to start someone out at 12/hr." it's companies like fresh market and whole foods that discredit themselves and continue to service the masses with a sub par product made in a sub par commissary shipped frozen, and sold to people that believe they are getting some kind of value for their money. The entire process was laughable at best, with them taking their sweet time sprawling out the interview process, and then when it came time to submit some information running into a glitch, they hire someone else??? Bogus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinsdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinsdale, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2010.

I applied for a dishwashing job but was hired into the meat department instead, so I was interviewed by the Associate Store Team Leader and then the meat and seafood team leaders (the departments were connected). All of them were great, really nice, casual. You have to know something about food and organics to work at Whole Foods, so study up on the company's Web site before you even bother to write a cover letter. I think I got an interview because I showed up in business casual attire and gave the ASTL my resume in a presentation folder for a dishwashing job. In other words, act like you care.

Interview Questions
    • Probably a question about fish - I don't eat it, so I don't know. They will ALWAYS ask you if you know the difference between conventional and organic, so look it up before you go in.   Answer Question
    They offered me a job for $10/hr in the dish room, then called me back and offered me an extra dollar per hour to work in the meat department. All of that seemed totally reasonable to me so I didn't bother negotiating.