Whole Foods Market

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cake Decorator Interview

Cake Decorator
Hinsdale, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for a dishwashing job but was hired into the meat department instead, so I was interviewed by the Associate Store Team Leader and then the meat and seafood team leaders (the departments were connected). All of them were great, really nice, casual. You have to know something about food and organics to work at Whole Foods, so study up on the company's Web site before you even bother to write a cover letter. I think I got an interview because I showed up in business casual attire and gave the ASTL my resume in a presentation folder for a dishwashing job. In other words, act like you care.

Interview Question – Probably a question about fish - I don't eat it, so I don't know. They will ALWAYS ask you if you know the difference between conventional and organic, so look it up before you go in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a job for $10/hr in the dish room, then called me back and offered me an extra dollar per hour to work in the meat department. All of that seemed totally reasonable to me so I didn't bother negotiating.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market Cake Decorator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.