Whole Foods Market

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

Interview Details – I spoke with the ATL &TL on the phone they pretty much acted like the phone interview was a joke. I've work for Whole foods before and know what a interview process should be like, they were laughing and giggling like I was telling a joke they told me I should receive a phone call or email that same day but I received neither, great customer service.I use to shop there not anymore.

Interview Question – can you name me at least 10 apples and green leaf lettuce   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant

The process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2010.

Interview Details – After I completed an online application I was called within a couple of weeks. The hiring manager was pleasant on the phone as my interview date was scheduled. The interview process was somewhat long and thorough however I appreciated that since it seemed that the managers were really determined to discover what I call employee-management-customer-store compatibility. *Tips: You may find it beneficial to actually ask the Team Leader of each department if any employees are needed since you may get an interview on the spot. Also before the interview be certain to study the culture and Whole Foods jargon since management can smell and detect people who lie about shopping at the store just to get a job like bloodhounds. You are also more likely to be hired if you are a friendly and warm individual who is teachable rather than only a results driven employee focused on the bottom line with no customer service skills and a cold personality.

Interview Question – I found the interview to be simple since I was already a regular Whole Foods shopper and I studied the Whole Foods culture and history online thoroughly before the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation I'm afraid. However I was made aware of the ample opportunities for raises and promotions which during my Whole Foods career I was able to take advantage of so no complaints from me on that note.

South Florida, FL

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – I gave my resume in person to Whole Foods and also applied online the same day. 3 days later I got a call asking to come in for a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of the lower level leads who asked very standard questions about customer service, experience, situational questions, etc. It was maybe 5-10 minutes long. I was called back for a second interview. This interview consisted of 3 people of upper management, including the store manager. The same questions were asked, more or less.

The reason they said that I did not receive the job is because of my availability (my preferred day off was Sunday). The man who had called me to tell me this said they really liked my interview and professionalism and, because of this, they will keep my resume on hand. Tip: When giving your availability, ask if there is any problem with it. If I had known it was going to be a big factor in the determining process, I would have changed it right away.

Interview Question – What does accountability mean to you?   Answer Question

Cashier's Assistant Interview

Cashier's Assistant
Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – My hiring process was a little different than most will probably have, and that is because there was a new Whole Foods opening in my area, and they had a job fair where anyone could sign up and get an interview.

150 positions were being filled, and many many people showed up. They had a bunch of people giving interviews, basically screening people before they get to the actual store leaders and such.

So I went through the first interview(which was right outside the store), and the lady told me that she thought I would be a good fit for a Cashier Assistant. This included bagging mainly, and getting carts and such. So then she sent me inside. Keep note that I previously worked at Target in customer service already, so I had experience. A couple of my friends that were with me, had no previous experience, and did not get to go inside.

Inside I waited for a few minutes, and eventually I was interviewed by the two customer service team leaders. They asked me a few questions, and most of them were easy because I was able to relate to my previous work. They said they would call to setup another interview if they wanted to.

I get the call, set up the interview, and then when I get there she said she didn't really have any more questions. Then I spent 3 hours doing paperwork and stuff. Great.

But it was worth doing the paperwork. Great company that pays well.

Interview Question – This interview was months ago, so I don't remember many. These are some:

What do you think would be different working here as opposed to your previous place of work?

What is your definition of good customer service?

How would you handle a furious guest?
  Answer Question

Coral Springs, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied online through their website. As soon as I submitted the application, I gave them a call. I spoke to the Team Leader of the Customer Service department. He explained how the hiring process worked: they first post a job opening and once a certain amount of time has gone by, they take down the posting and begin screening applications. If your application makes it through the screening process, they call you for an interview. Anyways, he explained that to me and then did an informal interview over the phone with me. About three weeks later I received a call asking me if I wanted to come in for an interview and I was so excited. I came in that very week and was told that if I didn't get a call in two days, it meant I didn't get the job. So you know I was waiting for that call, I finally got it.

Just a few tips for the process:
-Call in after you send your application.
-Dress business casual for your interview. Don't overdo it because you may come in with some fancy suit on and be interviewed by people in a shirt, jeans, and sneakers.
-Don't get intimidated if you see four people interviewing you. It's normal. Just keep your cool and try to make eye contact with everyone at some point during the interview.
-Be humble and smile.

Once you get that call you'll receive an email within the next 24 hours. Just follow the directions and once your background check is clear, they'll set you up for orientation.
Hope this helps :) Whole Foods is really a great company with great people working together to make a difference.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was "What are your three weaknesses?" but they also asked "What are your favorite products from whole foods?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they offered and I accepted. I believe the starting rate for a Cashier Assistant is $8.25 and $10 for Cashiers.

Orlando, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2012.

Interview Details – After filling out an application online I got a call for an interview less then a week later. I was interviewed by 4people. It was pretty intimidating even tho most of them were around my age 21-25. At the end of that interview they told me that they wanted me to do a second interview and that they would call me to set it up. They called me literay 2hours later. The next day I have the second interview wit one person the manager. He loved me it seemed and told me that they would call me if I was hired but that he had the last call and that he liked me so it was for sure lol. I got a call the next day telling me I was hired. It was quick when it came down to interviewing but overall a long process. My advice is to know about the company because they asked me on both interviews and be friendly and open availability is the best for them.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about our company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/a

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!