Whole Foods Market Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2015.

I applied for a job, and 3 weeks later I received a phone call from Whole Foods -- It was a screening call with a few basic questions (Why do you want to work at WFM? Why do you think you'd be a good cashier?, etc.). I was then asked to come in for a face-to-face interview 2 days later.

I arrived at Whole Foods a few minutes early and checked-in with the Customer Service desk. I was instructed to wait in the cafe area near the registers. After a couple of minutes my interviewer arrived and sat down. She asked me why I wanted to work at WFM, asked about my customer service experience, and asked me to give examples of assisting customers who were upset, and also a time when I gave good customer service.

She then asked if I had any questions for her, and we spoke for a few more minutes. Then she said that she wanted to set me up with a 2nd interview, and asked me to wait while she got 2 managers from other departments.

These 2 mangers were also very nice, laid back. They asked me similar questions, and we talked for a few extra minutes about why they liked working for WFM.

Then the 2 managers said they'd go and get the first person who interviewed me so we could finish up. She she arrived back, she sat down and offered me the position on the spot.

All in all, I would say it was a very positive and easy interview. In fact, I would say I was probably a little overly prepared (and overly stressed) for it.

The next step is a background check, and then I'll start training soon after that.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of your favorite products we offer at Whole Foods?
    What are 3 words your former employer(s) would use to describe you?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Pretty standard interview with the usual types of questions (why do you want to work for Whole Foods, what's your experience with working with customers, etc.). I went in for an interview and was called back the next day for a follow up and I was offered the job on the spot!

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2015.

I applied for a job, then I was called for an in-person interview. After that, I was called back for a job offer. First, I had to take a physical test proving I could lift 50 pounds. Once I passed the test I was scheduled for paperwork. That's when it all went downhill. A mis-communication of when I was to arrive to do paperwork (I was not made aware that it was a scheduled appointment, not an open ended time) resulted in losing the opportunity to even start. Zero tolerance for being late. Literally, zero tolerance.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know why you want to work there.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Very simple, applied online for a posted position and the called in immediately after submitting. During my first call in they set up an interview for a few days later. The interview was straight forward and fast. Three groups of two interviewed me for about 5-10 mins each. After the interview they called two days later to offer me the position. Easy, and simple process. My biggest recommendation is study up on the values, mission, vision, etc before you go in.

Interview Questions
    There was not really any negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2015.

Applied online. Got a call a week later and it was just a pre screen phone interview. Got scheduled for an interview the next day. Lots of questions. Basically trying to figure out who I was and how I handle certain situations. Definately do your research on the company and be ready to give examples to situations.Said I would know if I got the job in a few days. When I got home from the interview I got a call and they said they would like to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were stressed at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2014.

I applied on indeed on December 26. Got an over the phone interview the next day. Had an interview scheduled for December 29. Had two interviews with the team leader then with one of the store leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Q: name some types of apples, as many as you can think of.
      Q: name as many types of leafy greens: kale, spinach, romaine and iceberg lettuce.
      Q: what's the difference between natural and organic
      Q: what product would you suggest to someone who's gluten free, vegan, lactose intolerant.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

I had applied for several positions online and didn't receive a response back from the company at all until about 3 weeks after I submitted my application. They finally gave me a call to set up an interview, and I interviewed with the Guest Services Team Leader. The interview was very simple and only lasted about 20-25 minutes. We interviewed in the area in front of the registers where all the tables are laid out for the customers to dine at. The questions asked were very basic, like why you want to work for the company and explaining difficult situations and how you've handled them. The TL I interviewed with did a lot of the talking, mostly telling me about the job and orientation dates and asked about my availability for the upcoming holidays. At the end of the interview he told me to come back the next day to interview with someone else on the team. The second interview was pretty simple just like the first one, basically asking the same questions in a different manner. At the end of the interview, the Guest Services Team Leader came back and spoke with me and offered me the position. Pay wise, he started me off at $11 an hour which is a buck more than what I was told I might start off at, so that was pretty cool. Overall a very simple, laid back process.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you've worked on a team, and the team as a whole was unsuccessful.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, the pay was more than I thought it was going to be.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied online and was contacted three days later. We set up the interview for a few days later. I showed up and they had me sit in the cafe. I talked with one of the team members first and then to the interviewer and another team member. They asked if I could come back the next day for another interviewer with the store manager. I came back the next day and didn't even have to interview. I was offered the job. The questions were all super basic and they didn't even ask me anything about Whole Foods other than why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. Best paying part time job I could find.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

The recruiter over the phone gave me the wrong time for my interview, so I never got a chance to sit down and actually get interviewed. When I called the Whole Foods that was interested in me, they said that I would be later scheduled for another group interview. I had to call the company 3 times to get a hold of them. I never got my second group interview, but I'll still shop at whole foods.

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2014.

I applied online for two positions and was contacted by two different department managers for a quick phone screen within a week. The first phone screen was basic questions about why I applied and an interview was scheduled for a few days later. The second phone call bowed out and promised to be in touch if the first position wasn't a good fit.

The interview was super basic; describing times you've handled various issues, how your previous employers would describe you, times you've taken criticism, etc. I was asked to send references to the interviewer via email and told to expect a call back from them one way or another.

My follow up email went unreturned and I never got the phone call I was promised. I called the store and left a message with the interviewer (he was out to lunch,) that also went unreturned.

Very disappointed that I was hung out to dry after everyone I talked to sounded so enthusiastic. Especially given my multiple follow ups, it's unacceptable for a company fall completely silent after taking my time for an interview. With the holiday season coming up, I had other offers that were allowing me time to think, and as much as I'm sure they're inundated with applicants, plenty of us are also trying to find the best fit for ourselves.