Whole Foods Market

2.2

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2014.

I had applied for several positions online and didn't receive a response back from the company at all until about 3 weeks after I submitted my application. They finally gave me a call to set up an interview, and I interviewed with the Guest Services Team Leader. The interview was very simple and only lasted about 20-25 minutes. We interviewed in the area in front of the registers where all the tables are laid out for the customers to dine at. The questions asked were very basic, like why you want to work for the company and explaining difficult situations and how you've handled them. The TL I interviewed with did a lot of the talking, mostly telling me about the job and orientation dates and asked about my availability for the upcoming holidays. At the end of the interview he told me to come back the next day to interview with someone else on the team. The second interview was pretty simple just like the first one, basically asking the same questions in a different manner. At the end of the interview, the Guest Services Team Leader came back and spoke with me and offered me the position. Pay wise, he started me off at $11 an hour which is a buck more than what I was told I might start off at, so that was pretty cool. Overall a very simple, laid back process.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time when you've worked on a team, and the team as a whole was unsuccessful.   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate, the pay was more than I thought it was going to be.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied online and was contacted three days later. We set up the interview for a few days later. I showed up and they had me sit in the cafe. I talked with one of the team members first and then to the interviewer and another team member. They asked if I could come back the next day for another interviewer with the store manager. I came back the next day and didn't even have to interview. I was offered the job. The questions were all super basic and they didn't even ask me anything about Whole Foods other than why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate. Best paying part time job I could find.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

The recruiter over the phone gave me the wrong time for my interview, so I never got a chance to sit down and actually get interviewed. When I called the Whole Foods that was interested in me, they said that I would be later scheduled for another group interview. I had to call the company 3 times to get a hold of them. I never got my second group interview, but I'll still shop at whole foods.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2014.

I applied online for two positions and was contacted by two different department managers for a quick phone screen within a week. The first phone screen was basic questions about why I applied and an interview was scheduled for a few days later. The second phone call bowed out and promised to be in touch if the first position wasn't a good fit.

The interview was super basic; describing times you've handled various issues, how your previous employers would describe you, times you've taken criticism, etc. I was asked to send references to the interviewer via email and told to expect a call back from them one way or another.

My follow up email went unreturned and I never got the phone call I was promised. I called the store and left a message with the interviewer (he was out to lunch,) that also went unreturned.

Very disappointed that I was hung out to dry after everyone I talked to sounded so enthusiastic. Especially given my multiple follow ups, it's unacceptable for a company fall completely silent after taking my time for an interview. With the holiday season coming up, I had other offers that were allowing me time to think, and as much as I'm sure they're inundated with applicants, plenty of us are also trying to find the best fit for ourselves.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2014.

It was pretty easy cause it wasnt group interview THANK GOD! ; I was hired on the spot at 57th street , Pay rate a 11 a hour over time 16.50 a hour.

Interview Questions
    • What are your skills , why do you wanna leave best buy.   View Answer
    No they just offer you 11 take it most stores only pay 8 , but trader joes pay 13.

Cashier Interview

I filled out their application online for the position and a few weeks later I received a call. I have been interviewed for this company twice and they are really into working as a "team". In both instances I was interviewed by 2 individuals (the person that called me and the store manager). I really like Whole Foods as a customer. However, the interview process is long in my opinion. They have to talk as a team and talk to see if they want to hire you. I totally understand it but it just seems outrageous and time consuming. I would prefer to have an interview and then they either email me or call me if they offer me the position. This is just my opinion call me negative and all but honestly this process is so ugh annoying. Overall if you know how to talk to people and are genuinely a great interviewer you will definitely be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • "What does organic mean to you?" "Can you define organic?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied online and got a phone call 2 (maybe 3) weeks later. They invited me for a group interview with 6 other people. It was a laid back group interview and lasted for about an hour. We were separated into two groups and each group had to make a poster incorporating one of the core values. We only had 10 (or 15 ) minutes to finish our poster. Unfortunately, my group wasn't able to finish the poster on time. Yet, at the end all of us were told that we had made it to the next interview.
    We were told the store manager was in so I had my one-on-one interview the same day as my group interview. I had to wait for an hour and half because the manager was busy. I met with the manager and the interview lasted for about 10 minutes. I was asked to introduce myself, my past experience, my availability, etc. and was told I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgewood, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2014.

I applied online and got a phone interview a week later. I then was invited for a group interview which took about 2 hours. The group interview was very chill and they just wanted to know how you work with others. I was then called the next day to come back for a one on one interview. I was interviewed by a team leader and afterwards she asked me to wait so that the manager of the entire store could interviewed me. He asked me the same exact questions and offer me the job

Interview Questions
    • In the group interview they ask you to come up with a slogan and make a 30 second commercial. They also asked that you take at least one of their values and put it in the commercial. They also asked us to act out great customer service and to define it.

On the one to one interview, they asked basic questions like give an example when i received great customer service, time I had a difficult customer. Have I ever had a problem with an employer or manager? What is your favorite food, describe how you cook it.

Answer Question
    No there was no negotiation. Pay is $11 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online and was contacted for the interview one week later. Was interviewed by two people instead of one, which made me really uncomfortable. The main interviewer seemed to be looking for things to check off (in a negative manner) instead of trying to be personable.

Interview Questions
    • Did you bring your resume? Both my resume and a cover letter that I wrote specifically for Whole Foods were included in the online application packet. The interviewer had a copy of that packet, yet he seemed to disregard that and check it off of a list of things I was doing wrong.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Had one interview, then got a call about a week later asking to start training