Whole Foods Market Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for a job interview the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Whole Foods?
    What is the difference between organic and natural?
    How can. you contribute to the company?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I went to a job fair a lot of people were there and I had applied for the position online so they pulled up my application and did the interview. basic interview questions I got hired on the spot. the process took about a week n half some paperwork was online and the rest in person. They gave me my start date and I started my orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Naperville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the manager of the store. We had our interview in the café area. She asked me general interview questions like what my strengths and weaknesses are etc. Plus a scenario where I had to prioritize tasks and how I would solve each task. Very friendly and low key.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinecrest, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Pinecrest, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a easy interview all you have to do is be yourself and have a bubbly personality. Then you'll definitely get the job. I enjoyed my interview because it didn't feel like I was being integrated it was a very comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Greenville, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

My first interview was great, the typical questions of work history and availability plus asking how passionate you are about food and how well you know whole foods, and the person interviewing me seemed impressed and got a second person to interview me. When the second person sat down, she immediately told me they weren't looking for a seasonal hire, as if they never looked on my resume to see that I would be returning to a school in the fall too far to commute to that location. I told them I wanted to transfer to store and then return there for summers and holidays, but apparently that wouldn't work for them. It seemed ridiculous to go through one whole interview with me just to shut it down so quickly.

Interview Questions

• If you shop at whole foods, what about the experience stands out most for you?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job, and 3 weeks later I received a phone call from Whole Foods -- It was a screening call with a few basic questions (Why do you want to work at WFM? Why do you think you'd be a good cashier?, etc.). I was then asked to come in for a face-to-face interview 2 days later.

I arrived at Whole Foods a few minutes early and checked-in with the Customer Service desk. I was instructed to wait in the cafe area near the registers. After a couple of minutes my interviewer arrived and sat down. She asked me why I wanted to work at WFM, asked about my customer service experience, and asked me to give examples of assisting customers who were upset, and also a time when I gave good customer service.

She then asked if I had any questions for her, and we spoke for a few more minutes. Then she said that she wanted to set me up with a 2nd interview, and asked me to wait while she got 2 managers from other departments.

These 2 mangers were also very nice, laid back. They asked me similar questions, and we talked for a few extra minutes about why they liked working for WFM.

Then the 2 managers said they'd go and get the first person who interviewed me so we could finish up. She she arrived back, she sat down and offered me the position on the spot.

All in all, I would say it was a very positive and easy interview. In fact, I would say I was probably a little overly prepared (and overly stressed) for it.

The next step is a background check, and then I'll start training soon after that.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite products we offer at Whole Foods?
      What are 3 words your former employer(s) would use to describe you?

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Pretty standard interview with the usual types of questions (why do you want to work for Whole Foods, what's your experience with working with customers, etc.). I went in for an interview and was called back the next day for a follow up and I was offered the job on the spot!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a job, then I was called for an in-person interview. After that, I was called back for a job offer. First, I had to take a physical test proving I could lift 50 pounds. Once I passed the test I was scheduled for paperwork. That's when it all went downhill. A mis-communication of when I was to arrive to do paperwork (I was not made aware that it was a scheduled appointment, not an open ended time) resulted in losing the opportunity to even start. Zero tolerance for being late. Literally, zero tolerance.

Interview Questions

• They want to know why you want to work there.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Park Ridge, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Study the website; know everything about Whole Foods. Be able to name different types of fruits and vegetables. Several simple customer service questions. I wouldn't recommend Park Ridge locations managers were terrible.Interview was ridiculous managers seemed very uninterested and it was offensive. They lacked even making eye contact; very rude.

Interview Questions

• Name different types of apples, leaves and pears. What have you learned about Whole Foods in the past three days? Name different recipes from website? What would you recommend to someone lactose intolerant or gluten free? If a price is discounted and run up as regular price what would you do? You can't ask anyone around you and you don't have time to go and check.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Very simple, applied online for a posted position and the called in immediately after submitting. During my first call in they set up an interview for a few days later. The interview was straight forward and fast. Three groups of two interviewed me for about 5-10 mins each. After the interview they called two days later to offer me the position. Easy, and simple process. My biggest recommendation is study up on the values, mission, vision, etc before you go in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not really any negotiation.