Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
59 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview basic preference of availability, Group Interview-show enthusiasum, Individual interview ,orientation- simple, Training-easy The process may not be done at your store location. just be yourself no attitude and smile. Dress decent.

Interview Question – You receive the basic customer service interview questions, Which are pretty easy.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate no negotiation.

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details – I filled out their application online for the position and a few weeks later I received a call. I have been interviewed for this company twice and they are really into working as a "team". In both instances I was interviewed by 2 individuals (the person that called me and the store manager). I really like Whole Foods as a customer. However, the interview process is long in my opinion. They have to talk as a team and talk to see if they want to hire you. I totally understand it but it just seems outrageous and time consuming. I would prefer to have an interview and then they either email me or call me if they offer me the position. This is just my opinion call me negative and all but honestly this process is so ugh annoying. Overall if you know how to talk to people and are genuinely a great interviewer you will definitely be offered a position.

Interview Question – "What does organic mean to you?" "Can you define organic?"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

Interview Details – Whole Foods Market locations accept applications through one or more of these methods:

in-store computer kiosks
    this web site
    a separate selected career or applicant web site
    in person at a job fair or hiring event

Individual postings viewed on this site will inform you how and where to apply.

Interview Question – Were do you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone call 2 (maybe 3) weeks later. They invited me for a group interview with 6 other people. It was a laid back group interview and lasted for about an hour. We were separated into two groups and each group had to make a poster incorporating one of the core values. We only had 10 (or 15 ) minutes to finish our poster. Unfortunately, my group wasn't able to finish the poster on time. Yet, at the end all of us were told that we had made it to the next interview.
We were told the store manager was in so I had my one-on-one interview the same day as my group interview. I had to wait for an hour and half because the manager was busy. I met with the manager and the interview lasted for about 10 minutes. I was asked to introduce myself, my past experience, my availability, etc. and was told I was hired.

Interview Question – What's your favorite food?   Answer Question

Ridgewood, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone interview a week later. I then was invited for a group interview which took about 2 hours. The group interview was very chill and they just wanted to know how you work with others. I was then called the next day to come back for a one on one interview. I was interviewed by a team leader and afterwards she asked me to wait so that the manager of the entire store could interviewed me. He asked me the same exact questions and offer me the job

Interview Question – In the group interview they ask you to come up with a slogan and make a 30 second commercial. They also asked that you take at least one of their values and put it in the commercial. They also asked us to act out great customer service and to define it.

On the one to one interview, they asked basic questions like give an example when i received great customer service, time I had a difficult customer. Have I ever had a problem with an employer or manager? What is your favorite food, describe how you cook it.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No there was no negotiation. Pay is $11 an hour

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and waited 3 weeks for them to call me back. Came in for an initial interview with the team leader then I can back in to meet with another supervisor and the rest of leadership. I told them about myself and the obstacles I have overcome.

Interview Question – What do you hate most about your job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

East Orange, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call for an interview within 20 mins of applying. I got an interview the next do. I was interviewed by two people. It was a man and a woman. The man seemed nice, but the woman had a very stone faced expression. She made me nervous. I didn't end up getting the job.

Interview Question – The woman looking at me with an unpleasant/uninterested expression   Answer Question

Marietta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted for the interview one week later. Was interviewed by two people instead of one, which made me really uncomfortable. The main interviewer seemed to be looking for things to check off (in a negative manner) instead of trying to be personable.

Interview Question – Did you bring your resume? Both my resume and a cover letter that I wrote specifically for Whole Foods were included in the online application packet. The interviewer had a copy of that packet, yet he seemed to disregard that and check it off of a list of things I was doing wrong.   View Answer

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then interview at store with team leader (study up on WFM culture!) and then a follow-up interview w/the Store team leader

Interview Question – about the WFM culture   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, their pay is non-negotiable

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2013.

Interview Details – went in for a second interview. got asked to tell us about ourselves and then had to make a commercial and slogan. Competed with 30 other people at workforce 1.

Interview Question – Make a 30 second commerical explaining whole foods market   Answer Question

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!