Whole Foods Market Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for a job interview the next day and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Whole Foods? What is the difference between organic and natural? How can. you contribute to the company?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I actually went to a job fair they were having it was very UNPROFESSIONAL!!! But i stayed anyway, i interviewed with two managers they ask your normal interview questionsnso EASY!!!! Den met with the HR Manager and got HIRED ON THE SPOT !!! They will hire you if you have EXPERIENCE. Soon as i got home she sent me the background check and now im just waiting to see what my start date will be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, time u delt with a difficult customer, why do you wanna work for us.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

First there was a brief phone interview then an in-store interview. I don't think they usually do much of a phone interview (could be wrong) because she chuckled and said she didn't really remember asking me those questions when I was at the in-store interview. The two people I talked to were really nice though (first spoke to the woman then her supervisor). I got an offer at the end of the in-store interview and had to begin background checks online a bit later. That is what takes the most time, especially because I am from a different country - had to get a background check from native country too. Otherwise the background check probably would've been a lot faster.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Lots of this job involves lots of the same repetition. What are your thoughts on that?   Answer Question
    • How long do you see yourself working here?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Very nice lady who interviewed me. She seemed extremely interested in my experience and it felt like I knew her forever. I was able to answer her questions as if I was having a conversation with a friend but in a professional setting.

Interview Questions

• All the typical "describe a scenario when.." Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have the 3rd interview in a few days

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email a few days later for a group interview. At the group interview there were 3 groups and you had to create a commercial. I was called a day later to come in for a one on one interview but couldn't get the job because the orientation and training interfered with school. Called back 2 months later and set up another interview. The guy interviewing me didn't know I was coming in for an interview and didn't seem very interested.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal company? What is a sense of urgency?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online and I got a call a few days later from a team leader. I was asked why I wanted to work at WF, my previous customer service experience, and how I deal with problems in the workplace. The TL then told me about the position, that it was part time, the hours, and pay rate. I was asked to come in for an interview the next day (on Tuesday) with the person who called and also an associate of his. The next day I came in and met with the guy who called an also another person. They asked me the same questions over the phone and asked where I saw myself in a two years. They also asked about my hobbies and how I keep motivated. It was all very casual and laid back. They were very friendly and it was over in about 15 minutes. They said they'll get back to me by Friday, but I got a call back later on that night with an offer. The next day I got an email regarding a background check, which I had to complete as the next step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (North Wales, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Went into the store to ask about an application I had submitted and was taken back for a "pre-screening" interview immediately. Some difficult and odd questions asked. The interviewer initially seemed pleased with me and said that I would hear back about a second interview - and then I was sent a form email saying that I was not what they were looking for. Felt very mislead, to be honest.

Interview Questions

• Wegmans is our main competitor. How do you believe that Whole Foods differs from them?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I went to a job fair a lot of people were there and I had applied for the position online so they pulled up my application and did the interview. basic interview questions I got hired on the spot. the process took about a week n half some paperwork was online and the rest in person. They gave me my start date and I started my orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Naperville, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the manager of the store. We had our interview in the café area. She asked me general interview questions like what my strengths and weaknesses are etc. Plus a scenario where I had to prioritize tasks and how I would solve each task. Very friendly and low key.

Anonymous Employee in Pinecrest, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Pinecrest, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a easy interview all you have to do is be yourself and have a bubbly personality. Then you'll definitely get the job. I enjoyed my interview because it didn't feel like I was being integrated it was a very comfortable atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation