Whole Foods Market Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.3

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

The recruiter over the phone gave me the wrong time for my interview, so I never got a chance to sit down and actually get interviewed. When I called the Whole Foods that was interested in me, they said that I would be later scheduled for another group interview. I had to call the company 3 times to get a hold of them. I never got my second group interview, but I'll still shop at whole foods.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2014.

It was pretty easy cause it wasnt group interview THANK GOD! ; I was hired on the spot at 57th street , Pay rate a 11 a hour over time 16.50 a hour.

Interview Questions
    • What are your skills , why do you wanna leave best buy.   View Answer
    No they just offer you 11 take it most stores only pay 8 , but trader joes pay 13.

Cashier Interview

I filled out their application online for the position and a few weeks later I received a call. I have been interviewed for this company twice and they are really into working as a "team". In both instances I was interviewed by 2 individuals (the person that called me and the store manager). I really like Whole Foods as a customer. However, the interview process is long in my opinion. They have to talk as a team and talk to see if they want to hire you. I totally understand it but it just seems outrageous and time consuming. I would prefer to have an interview and then they either email me or call me if they offer me the position. This is just my opinion call me negative and all but honestly this process is so ugh annoying. Overall if you know how to talk to people and are genuinely a great interviewer you will definitely be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • "What does organic mean to you?" "Can you define organic?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied online and got a phone call 2 (maybe 3) weeks later. They invited me for a group interview with 6 other people. It was a laid back group interview and lasted for about an hour. We were separated into two groups and each group had to make a poster incorporating one of the core values. We only had 10 (or 15 ) minutes to finish our poster. Unfortunately, my group wasn't able to finish the poster on time. Yet, at the end all of us were told that we had made it to the next interview.
    We were told the store manager was in so I had my one-on-one interview the same day as my group interview. I had to wait for an hour and half because the manager was busy. I met with the manager and the interview lasted for about 10 minutes. I was asked to introduce myself, my past experience, my availability, etc. and was told I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgewood, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgewood, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2014.

I applied online and got a phone interview a week later. I then was invited for a group interview which took about 2 hours. The group interview was very chill and they just wanted to know how you work with others. I was then called the next day to come back for a one on one interview. I was interviewed by a team leader and afterwards she asked me to wait so that the manager of the entire store could interviewed me. He asked me the same exact questions and offer me the job

Interview Questions
    • In the group interview they ask you to come up with a slogan and make a 30 second commercial. They also asked that you take at least one of their values and put it in the commercial. They also asked us to act out great customer service and to define it.

On the one to one interview, they asked basic questions like give an example when i received great customer service, time I had a difficult customer. Have I ever had a problem with an employer or manager? What is your favorite food, describe how you cook it.
        Answer Question
    No there was no negotiation. Pay is $11 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online and was contacted for the interview one week later. Was interviewed by two people instead of one, which made me really uncomfortable. The main interviewer seemed to be looking for things to check off (in a negative manner) instead of trying to be personable.

Interview Questions
    • Did you bring your resume? Both my resume and a cover letter that I wrote specifically for Whole Foods were included in the online application packet. The interviewer had a copy of that packet, yet he seemed to disregard that and check it off of a list of things I was doing wrong.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Had one interview, then got a call about a week later asking to start training

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I applied in person and didn't hear back from them for 2 weeks. I called several times until I just came in the store and talked to them. I recommend this since they get many applications. I was interviewed twice before I got the job. The questions were very basic. I was asked to describe myself, my interests, past job experiences and why I'd be good for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly none were difficult. If you prepare yourself for the general interview questions that everyone asks you will be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2014.

I applied online and received a call for an interview within 20 mins of applying. I got an interview the next do. I was interviewed by two people. It was a man and a woman. The man seemed nice, but the woman had a very stone faced expression. She made me nervous. I didn't end up getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • The woman looking at me with an unpleasant/uninterested expression   Answer Question

Had a connection with the Hiring Manager

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, very good initial pay