Whole Foods Market

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2014.

Initial phone interview led to a face-to-face interview which lasted about 20 minutes

Interview Questions
  • What are you most proud of professionally OR personally   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2013.

One must apply online, but it really helps to have an inside contact hand carry a resume to the hiring authority. After the first interview, depending on the level of the job, there will be a few folks who get a second interview...that entails trips to the facility to interview several team leaders and team members about what they do and how you can help them do it better.....then a panel interview with several team members...some positions require the development of a plan of action for the specific job. They are very interested in a candidate's ability to fit into the teamwork, yet self-motivated, culture. They have a good reputation among their employees, and it shows as you talk with people....very friendly and helpul bunch! Team leads are by and large solicitous and courteous to deal with.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to fit in to the diversity we embrace as a company? Are you comfortable around people whose cultures and languages you don't understand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

I was asked to come in for an interview at the Mountain Brook, Alabama store. The manager was very punctual, offered me water. I talked with 4 different people- all of whom were very nice and asked good, general questions concerning what I thought the job would be and why I was interested. The asst. team leader in charge of the interview told me at the last to be sure and research the company. I memorized the core values and basic history before the 2nd interview. When I came back for a panel interview with 4 team members they asked questions concerning my catering experience, what I expected, a sample menu I might use at an outdoor event, portion sizes I would estimate per person, (that was the one I was most unsure about. I didn't think to go over that) There was absolutely nothing concerning my experiences in customer service, but I believe the questions they asked were much more pertinent to the job at hand while the usual, "tell me of a bad experience while dealing with customers is more of a filler question when you have nothing better to add. After the basic introductions, I began by stating the core values of the company and that I realized how important they were. They loved that I had cared enough to read up on the company. It went very well, other than being unsure about portion sizes, but I was still rather nervous. I knew I was up against one other person. I was so happy to find that I got the job. Good pay, full time and I'll be doing what I love, meeting and helping people, building a clientele for the catering services of my store and Whole Foods in general. It's going to be so much fun!

Interview Questions
    • What's a good portion size at a large catered event for meat and sides?   View Answer
    I didn't need to. They offered me a dollar more an hour than I had asked for on the application.