Whole Foods Market Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.3

Grocery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2015.

A new store was being opened so they were mass hiring people. I applied online and received an email back a couple days later with some pre-interview screening questions that I had to respond and reply back to. A few days later I received a second email with a date, time, and location confirmation of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was my previous work experience?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your manager or supervisor asked you to improve on something you were doing.   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you had to take a risk in life and did you succeed? If not, why did you fail?   Answer Question
    Be enthusiastic and outgoing, they like meeting people with positive energy.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2014.

I applied on indeed on December 26. Got an over the phone interview the next day. Had an interview scheduled for December 29. Had two interviews with the team leader then with one of the store leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Q: name some types of apples, as many as you can think of.
      Q: name as many types of leafy greens: kale, spinach, romaine and iceberg lettuce.
      Q: what's the difference between natural and organic
      Q: what product would you suggest to someone who's gluten free, vegan, lactose intolerant.

Answer Question

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Pretty straight forward interview for retail. The questions were pertaining to how well you work with customers and money handling abilities. The interview was pretty laid back, but professional. They are definitely looking for people with great customer service skills.

Part-Time Cashier/Grocery/Bakery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2014.

I've shopped at Whole Foods for many, many years and was very interested in working for them until now. I have interviewed with them 4 times in a 1 month span.The first 3 interviews took place in Evanston, IL. I went in and they had me wait in the lounge are where customers eat. I didn't like that they held the interview in this area, since it was noisy, unclean and in public. They were very unorganized in what position I applied for and asked a ton of questions starting with "How would you handle this... Tell me about a time... What would you do if....." I'm surprised they don't do any psychological testing. It's very infuriating, especially since my resume was right in front of them and my skills and experience speaks for itself. Not to mention, I interviewed for positions I never originally applied for, like Bakery; because they turned my resume over to other departments. It was mildly annoying coming into the same Whole Foods for for 3 interviews, without getting any offer of employment. Maybe because I wasn't a hipster, with gauged ears and blonde hair why I never got an offer. Who knows?
    My 4th interview took place at the Gold Coast area in Chicago. Once again, they held the interview in the lounge area across from the checkout. It was extremely busy and packed. I interviewed with the store manager, who was a nice woman. She asked simple questions about my previous employments and why I wanted to work at Whole Foods. It went extremely well was very pleasant. To my surprise, she told me I had another interview with a team leader. My interview with the team leader was the complete opposite. He had a stack of papers with questions on them and read them off to me. It took nearly an hour for him to wrap up the interview. Like I said before, with all the questions he asked, I'm surprised they didn't do any psychological testing. I applied for the part-time cashier position, not some government job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you contribute to the company culture at Whole Foods?   Answer Question

Whole Body Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2014.

More intense than I expected but the questions were fair and thought out by the staff. I felt very comfortable and at ease, they try not to intimidate you but also make sure you are a good fit. They ask a lot of situational questions that actually make sense for the position.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a position and we quickly got into scheduling.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

I got a phone call few days after applying. One of the ATL's asked me some basic questions regarding the company (what they do, what they stand behind etc., do I know what organic means) and scheduled an interview.

Interview went pretty smooth. I dressed pretty casual (jeans and button up). I was told to wait at the in store cafeteria. After a few minutes an ATL came down to escort me to the place we'd be conducting interview. We chatted a bit on the way there. I was interviewed by a TL and the ATL that escorted me. They asked me about my life, where I'm headed, what do I like doing, afterwards they asked me about the company in general and my experience in retail. Overall a very relaxed interview that went really stress free.

Got a call from them a few days later offering me the position. Had to come in to sign some paperwork regarding background check and was e-mailed details of training to come.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between organic and natural?
      What do you value the most?

View Answer

Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

I spoke with the ATL &TL on the phone they pretty much acted like the phone interview was a joke. I've work for Whole foods before and know what a interview process should be like, they were laughing and giggling like I was telling a joke they told me I should receive a phone call or email that same day but I received neither, great customer service.I use to shop there not anymore.

Interview Questions
    • can you name me at least 10 apples and green leaf lettuce   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

I applied and received a phone call the next day about setting up an interview. I went in that day. The woman who interviewed me was friendly. There weren't any surprise questions. She mainly told me about what the job entailed and asked if I was comfortable doing things like asking for charitable donations or moving carts around outside in any weather. Other than that, we mostly talked about my previous work experience and how I had dealt with difficult customers in the past. She offered me the job on the spot.

I didn't negotiate.

Catering Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2014.

Initial phone interview led to a face-to-face interview which lasted about 20 minutes

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of professionally OR personally   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2013.

Interviewed once with Team leader and Associate team leader