Whole Foods Market Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

I spoke with the ATL &TL on the phone they pretty much acted like the phone interview was a joke. I've work for Whole foods before and know what a interview process should be like, they were laughing and giggling like I was telling a joke they told me I should receive a phone call or email that same day but I received neither, great customer service.I use to shop there not anymore.

Interview Questions
    • can you name me at least 10 apples and green leaf lettuce   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

I applied and received a phone call the next day about setting up an interview. I went in that day. The woman who interviewed me was friendly. There weren't any surprise questions. She mainly told me about what the job entailed and asked if I was comfortable doing things like asking for charitable donations or moving carts around outside in any weather. Other than that, we mostly talked about my previous work experience and how I had dealt with difficult customers in the past. She offered me the job on the spot.

I didn't negotiate.

Catering Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2014.

Initial phone interview led to a face-to-face interview which lasted about 20 minutes

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of professionally OR personally   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2013.

Interviewed once with Team leader and Associate team leader

Good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2013.

Great questions and scenarios. Interviewers were friendly and genuine. They explained the culture of the company and asked why I chose Whole Foods. I was interview over the phone by my team leader first. Then 1 on 1 interviews at location. Hired on the spot. Thats about it.

Very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

All applications are accepted online. Through email, an interview was set up. It is important to show interest in natural and organic products. Be able to describe those in an effective and accurate matter, in a way you would explain it to a customer. It is also important to be engaging and comfortable with asking customers for donations.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with asking for donations? What do you know about Whole Planet Foundation and Whole Kids Foundation?   Answer Question
    There was little to negotiate, the pay was set at $10.00 starting salary. In other departments, with more skills you can negotiate to start higher.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

Whole Foods Market locations accept applications through one or more of these methods:

in-store computer kiosks
        this web site
        a separate selected career or applicant web site
        in person at a job fair or hiring event

Individual postings viewed on this site will inform you how and where to apply.

None.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2013.

Super easy! Went to the WholeFoods site and filled out their online application. Was called in within a week of applying. Had a phone screening first. Asked about my customer service experience, food service and grocery store experience. Asked what my reasons were for applying. I said I'm a people person with great customer service & 2 years experience working directly with the public. This is no necessary however as they will train you. They want to know you are hard working, a Team Player & like working with the public.

I had an in person interview two days after the phone interview. Some of the same questions were explored. I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a disgruntled customer? How would you resolve an issue with a co-worker?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Everyone starts at $10/hr in customer facing positions but a review takes place at the 6 month mark for a possible increase. Once you are voted in by your team, you can participate in gain sharing. There are a lot of perks to working for this great company. The longer you stay the more you can participate in profits, stocks & oh each mystery shopper award is worth $50! In my first 3 months I have had 3 awards! That's $150 for groceries. And you also get 20% off all store merchandise upon hire.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in River Forest, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in River Forest, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2012.

Getting a job there was somewhat easy to me. I also knew someone in the company so I some what had an upper hand . But my initial interview was with the team leader and his boss whom was REALLY nice. They just asked the basic questions about myself, personality, work ethics , availability , etc. I got a call back the following week and they set up another interview with the shift leader and I was hired that day ! It took a week for my paperwork to clear and I was called in to fill out paperwork the next day . I have orientation on Tuesday and I officially start working on the 18th .

Interview Questions
    There was none all I was told is that u start off at $10 an hour so iit can only get better from there!!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

Called for a "pre-interview" where they just wanted to look me over before actually interviewing me. I have an extensive work history but only put my 3 months at Lululemon as experience so I wouldn't look "over qualified". However, when I showed up I had a high-quality resume with business cards, wore professional work attire and made sure I had a water bottle and book to keep myself busy during the wait between interviewers.

A 15-minute pre-interview turned into an hour-long full session. Mostly I answered the typical questions about job history, what I know about Whole Foods, etc.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult question was why I left my previous employment since you cannot speak ill of a previous employer. The experience itself was textbook interview process with no unexpected or bizarre questions. The interviewers were casual, friendly people who were very open and relaxed. They found my honesty and openness refreshing, even when it was sometimes "unprofessional".   Answer Question