Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online, multiple times, multiple stores and go in to meet team leaders unless you're applying for prepared foods which always loses people.

Interview Question – Easy questions-what would you prepare me if I came to your house for dinner?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took a month before all the paperwork was complete and I started.

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I was called a few days after submitting my resume online, and then had two interviews in person. The first was with the assistant store team leader, who asked me broader questions about my work history seemed to be gauging my ability to relate to others. The second interview focused more around my specific customer service experience - and seemed to gauge how well of a fit I would be with her team. The second interview was with the assistant customer service team leader.

Interview Question – The assistant store team leader asked about my favorite types of meals to prepare - and also asked me what I would recommend specifically to different customer questions.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2012.

Interview Details – prompt call back, casual interview with team leader and assistant team leader.

Interview Question – basic customer service questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it's all based on ability and knowledge. they are willing to train and then get you a raise from then on

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2011.

Interview Details – they ask you several questions as they i mean the team leaders then if they like you you get to have an interview with the store team leader , smile, it's number one most important fact or no jobs i promise

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2012.

Interview Details – Put in an application, got a response the following week. The interview was one on one with the team leader, he was nice, and the manager. I got a call the next day.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2012.

Interview Details – Attractive man interviewed me so that was a plus. Very nice asked me the typical interview questions such as my experience, why do I think I would be a good employee....yadda yadda yadda.....had my 2nd interview the same day.....took a week and a 1/2 for orientation......that was a 2-day process....and 1st day of training was the following week. My advice is to dress casual for the interview, you don't want to look all out of place.

Interview Question – Can you maintain a positive attitude for your entire shift?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate because they offered what I asked $10/hr

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was long. Many questions were asked regarding your previous encounters and experience, and you were supposed to provide immediate examples that could backup your answers. If you passed the first interview, you also had to pass the Group/Panel interview. I am very much "pro" towards these difficult interviews. It is fair and is challenging.

Interview Question – Give me an example that you were criticized by your colleague or your supervisor, and how did you respond to it?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market Customer Service interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.