Whole Foods Market

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

I was a cashier. I applied to another store for supervisor. Its always good to try to new store. I went there to help, talked with the maximum possible leaders and team members. Prepared for the interview, went ten minute earlier and faced the interview with calm and comfort.

Interview Questions
  • I found all the questions easy and expected. Most interesting question for me is my favorite core value.   View Answer
You will get the position instantly. Salary depends on your experience and performance. If you want to grow in fun culture, this is always the best company to work.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2013.

After applying, the most important thing you can do is talk to as many people about the position as possible: other Supervisors, Team Leader, Associate Team Leaders, Store Team Leaders. It is a panel interview, where the panel asks a series of questions for you to answer. They might also ask you to prepare a small presentation, or complete a small project.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite Whole Foods Core Value and why?   View Answer
    They is a very firm non-negotiable starting wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carolina, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carolina, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2013.

The first initial process started with me putting my application in on the online link. From there I received a phone call about 2.5 weeks later and was asked a few preliminary questions ex. what is your availability, why would you like to work for our company?. Then proceeded to ask me in a week later for a in person interview. The questions at the first interview are mainly about your work history and how the skills previous could help with the job applied for. this took about 1 hour and i spoke with 4 people who pretty much asked the same questions in different contexts. they ask me to come back later that week to interview with the floor staff( cashiers and CA's). This interview process took about 2 hours and i spoke with well over 15 people. It was a quite relaxed interview seeing as how one guy i spoke with had only been withthe company for 2 days. from there i was ask to come back about a week later to do a panel interview where i was spoke with only the head cashier and the head over the customer service department. From the 3rd in person interview i didnt really hear much from them maybe once or twice letting me know im still being considered for the job. so fingers crossed that the last interview i will be going to will be a happy experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most Unexpected question for me was "Do you like to cook?". Seeing as how I was not interviewing for the cooking aspect of whole foods.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2011.

If you don't have knowledge of the company and/or organics, you're screwed. The very same phone call to let me know they were interested in me to come in for an interview they asked if I could do a quick phone interview, and I couldn't so we scheduled an interview a week afterwards. That 1st interview was with the TL/ASTL (Team/Assistant Team leaders) of the customer service/front end department. Right off the bat, you're tested on your knowledge of organics and the company, as well as feeding into your personality and people skills as well as job skills tied into the position. The interview went very smoothly and was offered not only a 2nd interview but a job regardless as a cashier if I didn't pull through in my 2nd interview.

The 2nd interview took place five days after and was a panel interview consisting of the TL, 2 ASTL, 2 current supervisors and a cashier where they dug deeper into your personality and work+business ethics.

Even though the 2nd interview gave me nerves a run for their money, the interview still went very smoothly. Seriously about 3 hours after the interview I received a call that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name your weakest and strongest attribute..   View Answer
    • What is your opinion on company policies and how and what you do if you disagree with a policy or policies?   View Answer
    Negotiation really didn't happen, I was told my hourly rate and I just agreed to it since it was the highest I've ever been offered in my job history.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2009.

The interview stages are: 1. either tagteam or one-on-one i-view with peer supervisors and/or shift leader. 2. panel interview. 3. background check. Only got to 1st stage. I was contacted within 5 hours of end of interview that I would not be granted a panel/group interview. Rejection contact was made by a separate person as fyi. Interviewers follow a script to ask questions about what you know about the culture of Whole Foods and your knowledge of organic foods. I was also asked about how often got raises in present job. I must assume that they base initial rejections on gut-feelings. I felt like I was carrying interview as the ones assigned to this task for me were not organically (yes I meant this pun) excited about their task. Perhaps I was brought in as a benchmark to evaluate against internal candidates. Their loss is all that I can say as I am not anxious to shop their anytime soon.

Interview Questions
    • How often did you get raises in your current or previous job?   View Answer