Whole Foods Market Customer Service Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Once they get the papers together you simply find a nice table, inside or outside to sit at, and begin to talk. You answer questions, share stories, and maybe even laugh a time or two. Once the interview is done they show the other managers and call you back within a week to begin processing your paperwork, or tell you that you don't seem to be the right for the company at this time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Morris, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

First there was a group interview with two dozen candidates, led by four interviewers who talked about their rapid career progress at whole foods market. They one volunteer stand up and talk about themselves, why they were applying, etc. and then that person chose the next candidate to do the same. Then they broke us into two groups do a "fun activity". What took me by surprise was learning that the schedule changes every week - no set schedules - and that you only know your schedule the week or two before.

Interview Questions

• To break into groups and create/present a "commercial" touting the company's values.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really no negotiation and no set path/process for reviews or sure ways to move up in the organization.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2015.

Interview

applied online, got a call a couple days later to come in for a prescreen interview. the interview was in the cafe part of the store, which was noisy but fine. interviewed with one person, after that was over, the department manager came over to give me another interview. super easy questions, nothing out of the ordinary. they seem to be looking for people who know at least something about the business and who smile alot. the second guy offered me the job right away.

Interview Questions

• none, all were pretty standard customer service questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

none. everyone starts at part time and increases to full time are all merit based, not based on seniority, which is awesome. starting pay is $11 an hour. for an easy job like cashier, that is pretty good money so you'd be an idiot to try and negotiate for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First a pre-screening. Then later that week a group interview where you had to work together to make the 30 second commercial and act out what good customer service is. The following week is the one on one interviews. First with the department Team Leader, and a second one with the Store Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• What should I ask you to find out if I want to hire you or not?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting rate is $11.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Asked behavioral questions that referenced former jobs; asked questions regarding to customer service and how I had implemented it into certain jobs listed on my resume; asked about my knowledge of the store and products

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

They first conduct a pre screening phone interview (TMs from the store call and ask why you want to work for whole foods, and sometimes ask random personality questions like "what is your favorite movie, and why?", and then candidates usually meet with store leadership, and then the 2nd interview is with leadership from the team they are applying to. Some positions require a panel interview. The panel is usually made up of 6 people from the store: Leadership and Team Members. They also started doing group interviews for cashier positions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Whole Foods Market? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is pretty laid back. They usually call all candidates the same day that they are interviewed and let them know either way.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Since it was more than two years ago, I don't quite remember the interview process. The questions seemed generic and after being in Customer Service, I realized they just needed people to fill. Customer Service is viewed as an entry job where people then move to different departments.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Interview

Getting a job at Whole Foods Market can be a challenge. I know this because I now work in the recruiting side of things. I applied several times before finally attending a Job Fair for a new store opening. If you choose to go this route, be prepared for a long day and some disorganization, so bring your patience with you.

If you don't choose to go this route, and apply to work at a more established store, AND if you're lucky enough to get a call back, also bring your patience because it's a long process. First, you submit your application online. Luckily, you only have to create a profile once, but you can apply to as many positions as you want at any given time there are open positions. IF you get a call back, you will be asked several questions over the phone. Make sure you have done some research on the company first (i.e. read about their mission, Core Values, quality standards, non-profit organizations, etc.). It definitely helps to shop at WFM because they will likely ask you about what else you know about the store. If you phone interview well, they will ask you to either 1) come in for a Group Interview, or 2) come in for a one-on-one interview. The Group Interview is a fun, engaging way to interview, but does tend to celebrate and reward extroverts. If you're introverted, your chances will be better at a one-on-one interview. After that interview, you may be asked to go to a second interview on top of that.

If you finally get a job offer, then you have to have a couple more hoops to jump through to become an official Team Member, which includes surviving the probationary period, as well as a team voting process. It's very involved!!!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Whole Foods Market?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

I had my first interview at a job fair, I walked in with my resume and was connected with the Customer Service Team Leader. She asked me a few questions, she was very nice and upbeat. I was concerned about my lack of retail/grocery experience, but she reassured me by sharing her experience first starting at Whole Foods. Apparently she was previously in the medical field and started fresh at Whole Foods. A few days later I went in for another interview, this time I met with the Store Director and the Team Leader again and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will accommodate Whole Foods Market's Core Values?   1 Answer

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I've heard horror stories of people sitting through long, harsh interviews at Whole foods, and waiting weeks to hear back from them, and they end up not getting the job. It really is hit or miss. As for me, I applied online, went in to drop off my resume/cover letter and ended up getting hired on the same day. This is what happened.

After I applied online I called the store and asked what I should do next. They told me that it would be a nice touch if I came in and personally delivered a copy of my resume/cover letter. I had only had one job before this one for three years (I was 19 years old) so I wasn't sure how I would hold up against the other people applying with me.

When I got there I spoke directly with the customer service team leader (department manager) and she asked me if I had a minute to do a quick interview. I said OF COURSE! so we sat down, went through a few questions and she told me she would have someone else interview me. I didn't know it would be the Associate Store Team Leader (second highest position in the store). After I was interviewed by both of these people, I was hired on the spot, and was taken to the back to fill out my paperwork!

I got hired on the day of my interview because I was passionate about the company. I had just moved to a new city, and had always wanted to work for whole foods. I read up on company policies, and made sure I knew my way around a grocery store. This just goes to show that if you want this job bad enough, they will recognize that, and they will give you the job.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult situation at your old job and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't one. I knew how much they would pay me, and didn't ask for more because it was a very straight forward corporate job.