Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I've heard horror stories of people sitting through long, harsh interviews at Whole foods, and waiting weeks to hear back from them, and they end up not getting the job. It really is hit or miss. As for me, I applied online, went in to drop off my resume/cover letter and ended up getting hired on the same day. This is what happened.

After I applied online I called the store and asked what I should do next. They told me that it would be a nice touch if I came in and personally delivered a copy of my resume/cover letter. I had only had one job before this one for three years (I was 19 years old) so I wasn't sure how I would hold up against the other people applying with me.

When I got there I spoke directly with the customer service team leader (department manager) and she asked me if I had a minute to do a quick interview. I said OF COURSE! so we sat down, went through a few questions and she told me she would have someone else interview me. I didn't know it would be the Associate Store Team Leader (second highest position in the store). After I was interviewed by both of these people, I was hired on the spot, and was taken to the back to fill out my paperwork!

I got hired on the day of my interview because I was passionate about the company. I had just moved to a new city, and had always wanted to work for whole foods. I read up on company policies, and made sure I knew my way around a grocery store. This just goes to show that if you want this job bad enough, they will recognize that, and they will give you the job.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult situation at your old job and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't one. I knew how much they would pay me, and didn't ask for more because it was a very straight forward corporate job.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Team Member

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2012.

Interview Details – Most people have 2 interviews before being hired. You are then temporary until you are voted on as a member of your team. Other team members are awesome. Leaders can be great but also nasty and rude.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Whole Foods? Show us how you can sell a product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any. I was told the hourly pay take it or leave it.

Customer Service Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – they make you do a screen then if you make the cut they ask you backagain, a little over killif you ask me

Interview Question – what's your favorite dish to cook   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!