Whole Foods Market

2.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Asked behavioral questions that referenced former jobs; asked questions regarding to customer service and how I had implemented it into certain jobs listed on my resume; asked about my knowledge of the store and products

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

They first conduct a pre screening phone interview (TMs from the store call and ask why you want to work for whole foods, and sometimes ask random personality questions like "what is your favorite movie, and why?", and then candidates usually meet with store leadership, and then the 2nd interview is with leadership from the team they are applying to. Some positions require a panel interview. The panel is usually made up of 6 people from the store: Leadership and Team Members. They also started doing group interviews for cashier positions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Whole Foods Market? Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase is pretty laid back. They usually call all candidates the same day that they are interviewed and let them know either way.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Since it was more than two years ago, I don't quite remember the interview process. The questions seemed generic and after being in Customer Service, I realized they just needed people to fill. Customer Service is viewed as an entry job where people then move to different departments.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Getting a job at Whole Foods Market can be a challenge. I know this because I now work in the recruiting side of things. I applied several times before finally attending a Job Fair for a new store opening. If you choose to go this route, be prepared for a long day and some disorganization, so bring your patience with you.

If you don't choose to go this route, and apply to work at a more established store, AND if you're lucky enough to get a call back, also bring your patience because it's a long process. First, you submit your application online. Luckily, you only have to create a profile once, but you can apply to as many positions as you want at any given time there are open positions. IF you get a call back, you will be asked several questions over the phone. Make sure you have done some research on the company first (i.e. read about their mission, Core Values, quality standards, non-profit organizations, etc.). It definitely helps to shop at WFM because they will likely ask you about what else you know about the store. If you phone interview well, they will ask you to either 1) come in for a Group Interview, or 2) come in for a one-on-one interview. The Group Interview is a fun, engaging way to interview, but does tend to celebrate and reward extroverts. If you're introverted, your chances will be better at a one-on-one interview. After that interview, you may be asked to go to a second interview on top of that.

If you finally get a job offer, then you have to have a couple more hoops to jump through to become an official Team Member, which includes surviving the probationary period, as well as a team voting process. It's very involved!!!

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Whole Foods Market?   View Answer

Customer Service Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I've heard horror stories of people sitting through long, harsh interviews at Whole foods, and waiting weeks to hear back from them, and they end up not getting the job. It really is hit or miss. As for me, I applied online, went in to drop off my resume/cover letter and ended up getting hired on the same day. This is what happened.

After I applied online I called the store and asked what I should do next. They told me that it would be a nice touch if I came in and personally delivered a copy of my resume/cover letter. I had only had one job before this one for three years (I was 19 years old) so I wasn't sure how I would hold up against the other people applying with me.

When I got there I spoke directly with the customer service team leader (department manager) and she asked me if I had a minute to do a quick interview. I said OF COURSE! so we sat down, went through a few questions and she told me she would have someone else interview me. I didn't know it would be the Associate Store Team Leader (second highest position in the store). After I was interviewed by both of these people, I was hired on the spot, and was taken to the back to fill out my paperwork!

I got hired on the day of my interview because I was passionate about the company. I had just moved to a new city, and had always wanted to work for whole foods. I read up on company policies, and made sure I knew my way around a grocery store. This just goes to show that if you want this job bad enough, they will recognize that, and they will give you the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult situation at your old job and what did you do to solve the problem?   Answer Question
    There really wasn't one. I knew how much they would pay me, and didn't ask for more because it was a very straight forward corporate job.

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

they make you do a screen then if you make the cut they ask you backagain, a little over killif you ask me

not much negotiation

Customer Service Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in December 2012.

Most people have 2 interviews before being hired. You are then temporary until you are voted on as a member of your team. Other team members are awesome. Leaders can be great but also nasty and rude.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Whole Foods? Show us how you can sell a product.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any. I was told the hourly pay take it or leave it.