Whole Foods Market Customer Service Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews one after another. First with the Leader in charge of your department, second with the store manager. They sit you in front of the store instead of a private area and the other people applying to the job are only 2 tables away. Everything is out in the open.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict and how did your solve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a week later. Went in for in person interview, and was given job on the spot. Started the following week. The process was quick and easy. Only took about a week from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge at one of your previous positions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Once they get the papers together you simply find a nice table, inside or outside to sit at, and begin to talk. You answer questions, share stories, and maybe even laugh a time or two. Once the interview is done they show the other managers and call you back within a week to begin processing your paperwork, or tell you that you don't seem to be the right for the company at this time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morris, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Morris, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

First there was a group interview with two dozen candidates, led by four interviewers who talked about their rapid career progress at whole foods market. They one volunteer stand up and talk about themselves, why they were applying, etc. and then that person chose the next candidate to do the same. Then they broke us into two groups do a "fun activity". What took me by surprise was learning that the schedule changes every week - no set schedules - and that you only know your schedule the week or two before.

Interview Questions

• To break into groups and create/present a "commercial" touting the company's values.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really no negotiation and no set path/process for reviews or sure ways to move up in the organization.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2015.

Interview

applied online, got a call a couple days later to come in for a prescreen interview. the interview was in the cafe part of the store, which was noisy but fine. interviewed with one person, after that was over, the department manager came over to give me another interview. super easy questions, nothing out of the ordinary. they seem to be looking for people who know at least something about the business and who smile alot. the second guy offered me the job right away.

Interview Questions

• none, all were pretty standard customer service questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

none. everyone starts at part time and increases to full time are all merit based, not based on seniority, which is awesome. starting pay is $11 an hour. for an easy job like cashier, that is pretty good money so you'd be an idiot to try and negotiate for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First a pre-screening. Then later that week a group interview where you had to work together to make the 30 second commercial and act out what good customer service is. The following week is the one on one interviews. First with the department Team Leader, and a second one with the Store Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• What should I ask you to find out if I want to hire you or not?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting rate is $11.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied for Customer Service got Prep Foods instead. They did a big recruitment through Workforce1. First it was pre-screening then another pre-screening (month later), then initial interview(2 weeks later) and then hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do like Whole Foods compared to other Supermarkets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Asked behavioral questions that referenced former jobs; asked questions regarding to customer service and how I had implemented it into certain jobs listed on my resume; asked about my knowledge of the store and products

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

They first conduct a pre screening phone interview (TMs from the store call and ask why you want to work for whole foods, and sometimes ask random personality questions like "what is your favorite movie, and why?", and then candidates usually meet with store leadership, and then the 2nd interview is with leadership from the team they are applying to. Some positions require a panel interview. The panel is usually made up of 6 people from the store: Leadership and Team Members. They also started doing group interviews for cashier positions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Whole Foods Market? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is pretty laid back. They usually call all candidates the same day that they are interviewed and let them know either way.

Customer Service Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Since it was more than two years ago, I don't quite remember the interview process. The questions seemed generic and after being in Customer Service, I realized they just needed people to fill. Customer Service is viewed as an entry job where people then move to different departments.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question