Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Demo Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair for a new store opening. I met with a "gatekeeper" first, who asked me what department I was interested in--and made sure I could string a sentence together. Then I met with the Team Leader, who asked me the typical questions about strengths and some that were directed at my background. As the TL hadn't reviewed my resume in advance, she wasn't able to really drill down.

The ASTL (Associate Store Team Leader) met with me, took a few glances at my resume and tried to sell me the job. She looked at my most recent experience, which had a retail component, and commented on something I had done to enhance sales--but basically, she didn't ask me much.

Interview Question – I was given a hypothetical situation about how I would handle it if I saw a Team Member doing something wrong. This was challenging in that I didn't know WF's policies--but I guess I answered correctly, as I got the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was given the lowest salary in the range and was told that I would get more money after a 30-day review, but that never came to pass. I felt as if I was told what I wanted to hear so I would take the job.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2011.

Interview Details – Screening call, followup call to set time for panel interview, panel interview, offer call.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate. They offer based off their labor budget and as cheap as they can get someone. They also lie in interviews about what the salary ranges are for typical positions. You won't find that out though until you are hired and see it posted in the back of the house.

Demo Specialist

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2012.

Interview Details – Previously applied for a position in a different dept so they had my resume. Was called and told I was selected for interview and had to complete a demo project. Given interview date and project assignment. Day of interview was expected to conduct a 20 min demo featuring key products. Demo was followed by panel interview discussion.

Interview Question – Was asked how I would go about putting together an in store event with demos and coordinate with all the departments?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was upfront and told them what I would be asking for the day they called me to schedule the interview. They said it would be in that range and I got the offer I was needing/expecting.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!