Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market
- Cashier (94)
- Prepared Foods Team Member (63)
- Front End Cashier (44)
- Bakery Team Member (42)
- Team Member (41)
- Grocery Team Member (39)
- Customer Service Team Member (19)
- Specialty Team Member (16)
- Team Leader (13)
- Produce Team Member (12)
- Whole Body Team Member (12)
- Customer Service (11)
- Front End Team Member (11)
- Marketing Team Leader (11)
- Customer Service Cashier (10)
- Seafood Team Member (9)
- Specialty/Wine Team Member (9)
- Marketing Specialist (8)
- Associate Team Leader (8)
- Customer Service Supervisor (6)
- Prepared Foods Cook (6)
- Store Graphic Artist (6)
- Whole Body Team Leader (5)
- Assistant Team Leader (5)
- Marketing Supervisor (5)
- Cashier Assistant (5)
- Marketing (4)
- Administration (4)
- Human Resources (4)
- Front End Supervisor (4)
Demo Specialist Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.
I attended a job fair for a new store opening. I met with a "gatekeeper" first, who asked me what department I was interested in--and made sure I could string a sentence together. Then I met with the Team Leader, who asked me the typical questions about strengths and some that were directed at my background. As the TL hadn't reviewed my resume in advance, she wasn't able to really drill down. The ASTL (Associate Store Team Leader) met with me, took a few glances at my resume and tried to sell me the job. She looked at my most recent experience, which had a retail component, and commented on something I had done to enhance sales--but basically, she didn't ask me much.
- I was given a hypothetical situation about how I would handle it if I saw a Team Member doing something wrong. This was challenging in that I didn't know WF's policies--but I guess I answered correctly, as I got the job. Answer Question
No negotiation. I was given the lowest salary in the range and was told that I would get more money after a 30-day review, but that never came to pass. I felt as if I was told what I wanted to hear so I would take the job.
Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market
Demo Specialist InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.
Screening call, followup call to set time for panel interview, panel interview, offer call.
- Why do you want to work here? 1 Answer
They don't negotiate. They offer based off their labor budget and as cheap as they can get someone. They also lie in interviews about what the salary ranges are for typical positions. You won't find that out though until you are hired and see it posted in the back of the house.
Demo Specialist InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2012.
Previously applied for a position in a different dept so they had my resume. Was called and told I was selected for interview and had to complete a demo project. Given interview date and project assignment. Day of interview was expected to conduct a 20 min demo featuring key products. Demo was followed by panel interview discussion.
- Was asked how I would go about putting together an in store event with demos and coordinate with all the departments? Answer Question
I was upfront and told them what I would be asking for the day they called me to schedule the interview. They said it would be in that range and I got the offer I was needing/expecting.