Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in May 2013.

Interview Details – I thought the process was very very fair and energizing. All the people I met with were fair and direct. I felt comfortable asking any question and I thought I would get an honest answer.

Interview Question – The questions around self motivation. I was pushed for multiple examples. They didn't take the standard couple you have lined up for an interview.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2009.

Interview Details – I went to a Leadership (Management) Hiring Event at the Whole Foods regional office in Cambridge, MA. I brought my resume and had a one-on-one interview with a woman in HR. Her questions were pretty straightforward - past experience, some behavioral type questions, some questions about management style, interests, etc. It went well and I was asked to wait in another room to speak with another recruiter. My meeting with him also went well. He noticed that in addition to restaurant management experience, I also had some marketing experience. Apparently all stores have their own Marketing Leader. This was the week before Thanksgiving and the recruiter said he wanted me to come back and talk to the Marketing Department, but it might happen after Thanksgiving. I left the interview feeling great - it was a very positive experience. I emailed the recruiter the next day to thank him and tell him my availability and interest in meeting with someone in Marketing. No reply. Two weeks go by. I phone the regional office to make sure I had the right email address. I did. I sent another email expressing my interest in working for them with my resume attached. Again, no reply. I know this is a busy time of year, but replying to someone take hardly any time at all. I was disappointed to not hear anything back, especially when the recruiter was so positive and seemed very interested in me as a candidate. The lack of follow up is why I am rating the experience "Negative". It's been five weeks since my interview, so I think it's safe to say that they are not furthering my candidacy.

Interview Question – Define Leadership   View Answer

Department Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – 2 interviews - Mostly around past work experience

Interview Question – What the major failure in your past ?   Answer Question

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!