Whole Foods Market Front End Cashier Interview Questions

2.3

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I got an initial call about a week after I applied. Was hired right after the interview and offered a Full-Time position. You do about a week of training (watching videos, going over job expectations, exc.), and after that you work as a bagger and do carts (go through the parking lot and round up the stray carts and put them away) for 2-4 months. After that point, you shadow a cashier for about 2 weeks and then you get your own till to work.

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

2 interviews panel style asked about skills and familiarity of products asked about familiarity of company if you are a customer and favorite products also asked about familiarity of green lifestyle organic products what organic and clean products meant to you and how you value organic and natural products

Interview Questions
    short got desired salary but was expected to perform at a high level

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online, was called a few days later for an initial screening interview, then invited to a one-on-one interview at the store. Took five minutes but was not offered the position

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I had to do a group interview with about 20 other people. We had to do a skit about their core value: satisfy, nourish, and delight the customer. We had to do a commercial about a core value (we got to choose). I got called back for a second interview that following Monday. They sent a girl who was a cashier out to interview me because the ATL was not available. I figured the girl would just ask me questions until the ATL became available, however, she left and came back and said we will call you to reschedule an interview with the ATL. We don't know if we can work with your hours ( I have a full-time 9-5) job elsewhere. I just found it to be very disorganized.

Update: Received a call; they made me an offer; they called back a few days later to request another round of interviews. Interviewed with a few more people. Made me another offer, and I signed the paperwork.

They start everyone out at 11.00/hour

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interviewed by a panel of people. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one core value you would take out if you had to?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

The process was very simple. I applied online, and within two days I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview.

The interview process was very quick. They asked me about my prior experience as a cashier, have I ever shopped at Whole Foods before, and my experience in that particular neighborhood. Since my job prior to this one was incredibly similar, most of the questions were easy for me to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked why I wanted to work there. It is a straight forward question, but often times the delivery of the answer can determine whether or not you receive an offer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on my part. They offered me more per hour compared to my last job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2014.

Initial call consisted of a supervisor asking why you'd like to work for Whole Foods. A second, follow-up call inviting me to participate in a group interview after another barrage of questions over the phone (experiences in customer service, most difficult customer experience, favorite Whole Foods product). Then there was the group interview which was essentially a cattle call, consisting of myself and 30+ other candidates. There were about 8 different "Team Leaders" (managers/supervisors), including the Assistant Store Manager. They told us a bit about the company and asked us to go around the room introducing ourselves. (Why do you want to work for WFM, what is your favorite food, etc.) Then they broke us down into 6 groups of 5 people to create a skit for Whole Foods highlighting a core value and a skit highlighting good customer service/bad customer service. The group interview lasted 3+ hours all told. We were told to arrive at 8am and I didn't leave until after 11am. We spent 1 hour from 8 to 9am waiting for the ASM to show up to start the interview. It seemed unprofessional. Then I was called back for a one-on-one interview, which consisted of a hiring manager and a supervisor for the department I was applying to. Mention the core values and the fact that WFM is rated as one of the top companies to work for by Forbes Magazine, it's very impressive. After that, they will either make you a job offer on the spot (which they did for me) or tell you they'll be in touch. Then about a week later you start your training at a different store than you were hired at, depending where the trainer is sent to.

Interview Questions
    • Working in groups with people who you are up against for a job is very awkward if you're not thick skinned enough to handle it.   Answer Question
    They pay $11 dollars an hour starting April 1st. I don't think there is room for any negotiation amongst entry level employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I was called about a week after submitting my application online and had a phone screen/interview. I was then asked to come in and do a group interview the next week. I was called back in 4 days and was offered the job and didn't hear anything for another week. Then they called asking for my references. At this point I had talked to 4-5 different people. A few days later I was called and told I needed to interview with the store manager. As soon as I told the manager I was already offered the position she apologized for the confusion and they mis-communication. Three days later, I got a job offer email and background authorization which took almost another week to process. I went in almost exactly a month after my first interview and signed new hire paperwork. Apparently it isn't typically like that, which made me hesitant at first about working for a company with such poor communication. I had my orientation today and everyone hired at the store had a very similar experience. I haven't had my first shift yet, but I hope the hiring process isn't full a reflection of management.

The interview was very laid back and just felt like a conversation. There were two people conducting the interview and three participants. The interviewers were kind of fishing around for negative answers, for example, "Tell us one thing you liked and didn't like about your past job." One woman went on and on for minutes about the negative parts of her job. I tried to keep all my answers answers short and upbeat as possible.

My personal opinion about getting hired for anyone looking for advice- It's about getting an interview, the rest is easy. So go above and beyond to make an impression and get that interview. Introduce yourself to managers, cashiers, and team members. They'll make room for someone they think will be a great fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you received outstanding customer service.
      Why do you want to work at Whole Foods?
      Tell us about the last meal you cooked.
        Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate. Might ask for a raise after my 60 day "review" since I took a huge pay cut to work here.

Fairly relaxed, panel interview

There are a few initial reviews and then you're on your way to training through a program they call "Hit the Ground Running."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

I applied and received a phone call the next day about setting up an interview. I went in that day. The woman who interviewed me was friendly. There weren't any surprise questions. She mainly told me about what the job entailed and asked if I was comfortable doing things like asking for charitable donations or moving carts around outside in any weather. Other than that, we mostly talked about my previous work experience and how I had dealt with difficult customers in the past. She offered me the job on the spot.

I didn't negotiate.