Whole Foods Market Front End Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to go through two interviews. First one was longer, second was with a higher store supervisor. And it the second one felt like a confirmation about your first ineterview. Nothing hard, they just want a feel of your personal skills and what you can contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• If you had to cook a meal for guest, what would it be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tacoma, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was I think 8 or 9 of us. Two people interviewing. Well one was asking questions and the other one just listened and wrote things down. I really thought I did a good job. They asked a lot of questions. It was about 30 in. I thought to myself. Wow I would love to work here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It took about 3 interviews before I was offered a job.

The first interview was a phone interview. I was called and asked questions like "what does customer service mean to you" After a few questions I was offered a second interview.

The second interview was at the store you applied for and its a group interview. In this group interview there's about 20-30 people in one room. You guys listen to the history and knowledge of Whole Foods, answer question about yourself. They want to know if you can smile while talking about food. The key to this interview is smiling and personality.

They called that night and invited me back for a third interview. it was a one on on interview but there was about five of us waiting to be interviewed. We waiting for about 5 hours to be interviewed, but when we did get interview all of us received the position. It was a short interview really. Pretty much at this point you've proven that you're personable. Just keep smiling.

After you get hired however, you can wait for about three weeks until you hiring process i over. not including the three days of training you have to complete.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Filled out application online. I received a call about three weeks afterwards and came in for essentially three interviews in one. I arrived ten minutes early and waited in the cafe. I first spoke with the Associate Team Leader then the Team Leader and finally the Store Team Leader. Afterwards the Team Leader came back and offered me the position. It was very painless from start to finish. Do your homework before your interview they expect you to research and know at least a little about the company. All of the information can be easily found on their website and they also send you a link in and email after you apply.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do after Whole Foods?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

The people were extremely friendly and I immediately felt very welcomed. The interview was very organized and structured so it made it go by really quickly. The employer basically asked a number of scenario questions to get a feel of how you would respond in possible situations. Really great interview and experience. I grew to love their brand even more.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel that any of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a month later with info about hour and pay with a couple follow up application questions (very basic/generic). I answered the questions, emailed back, and got a call a couple days later to set up an interview. I went to the interview the next day and it was very relaxed. It was just in the cafe area I sat down with the associate team leader who just asked me some questions about myself and what I know about the company, gave me an opportunity to ask questions (which I did). After this the ATL went and got the associate store leader for the second part of my interview. She asked a couple of the same questions and then explained to me some of the next steps. I got offered the position on the spot!

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

One phone interview to start and then two in person interviews a week a part. Second interviewer seemed less engaged, just interviewing as a formality. After the second interview it took a few weeks to finally hear back. I was offered the job, and came back in for another meeting about this.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Asked about any relevant work experience, and how I would handle various situation that could arise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't room to negotiate on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

I got an initial call about a week after I applied. Was hired right after the interview and offered a Full-Time position. You do about a week of training (watching videos, going over job expectations, exc.), and after that you work as a bagger and do carts (go through the parking lot and round up the stray carts and put them away) for 2-4 months. After that point, you shadow a cashier for about 2 weeks and then you get your own till to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

2 interviews panel style asked about skills and familiarity of products asked about familiarity of company if you are a customer and favorite products also asked about familiarity of green lifestyle organic products what organic and clean products meant to you and how you value organic and natural products

Interview Questions

Negotiation

short got desired salary but was expected to perform at a high level

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Applied online, was called a few days later for an initial screening interview, then invited to a one-on-one interview at the store. Took five minutes but was not offered the position

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer