Whole Foods Market Front End Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very easy just simples questions about your work experiencie, your skills, they are very friendly, I felt tha I was talking with a friend, my interview was 2 days ago, they told me they gonna call me in a week, I am still waiting for them

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

I was checking out one day and asked one of the front end managers what they paid their cashiers. He told me $10 (if I remember correctly), and within the week I dropped off an application, immediately heard back from them and showed up for an interview. The interview was pretty informal and casual, which I appreciated. I got asked a series of questions by one of the front end managers -- standard interview questions. If I remember correctly, another manager came over at some point, I talked with him, and after about 20 minutes I was hired. Granted this was all a couples years ago, so I may be a little fuzzy on the details.

Interview Questions

• What's a pet peeve of yours?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Very east interview process, just a one time interview with the front end supervisor and shift leader. The atmosphere was relaxed and was conducted right in the dining area near the front of the store.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you overcame a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Very relaxed. A few managers sat me down to ask basic questions about myself. They were very polite and very nice. Very relaxed. A few managers sat me down to ask basic questions about myself. They were very polite and very nice Very relaxed. A few managers sat me down to ask basic questions about myself. They were very polite and very nice

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fresno, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted application and got a phone interview within 3 days. Then the next day they called me for an interview for that day. Met 2 managers, they asked me some questions and talked about availability; seemed like everything was going great. They told me they had about 200 applicants so they were interviewing a lot of people. I asked when I would know if I got the job and they told me within the end of the week I might get a second interview. The week ended and I never received a call, email, or anything. So that was really unprofessional for WFM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to go through two interviews. First one was longer, second was with a higher store supervisor. And it the second one felt like a confirmation about your first ineterview. Nothing hard, they just want a feel of your personal skills and what you can contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• If you had to cook a meal for guest, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a call for an interview the next day. When I came for the interview, I was interviewed by two assistant team leaders, asked about maybe 5 questions, and it was over. Couple of days later I got a call for the job. It was very easy and relaxing environment. You don't have to necessarily "dress-up" but I wouldn't dress too casual either.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Whole Foods? Did you have any attendance problems with your past job? Are you comfortable with suggestive selling? What experience do you have that makes you think you'll be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Tacoma, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was I think 8 or 9 of us. Two people interviewing. Well one was asking questions and the other one just listened and wrote things down. I really thought I did a good job. They asked a lot of questions. It was about 30 in. I thought to myself. Wow I would love to work here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. It took about 3 interviews before I was offered a job. The first interview was a phone interview. I was called and asked questions like "what does customer service mean to you" After a few questions I was offered a second interview. The second interview was at the store you applied for and its a group interview. In this group interview there's about 20-30 people in one room. You guys listen to the history and knowledge of Whole Foods, answer question about yourself. They want to know if you can smile while talking about food. The key to this interview is smiling and personality. They called that night and invited me back for a third interview. it was a one on on interview but there was about five of us waiting to be interviewed. We waiting for about 5 hours to be interviewed, but when we did get interview all of us received the position. It was a short interview really. Pretty much at this point you've proven that you're personable. Just keep smiling. After you get hired however, you can wait for about three weeks until you hiring process i over. not including the three days of training you have to complete.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview

Filled out application online. I received a call about three weeks afterwards and came in for essentially three interviews in one. I arrived ten minutes early and waited in the cafe. I first spoke with the Associate Team Leader then the Team Leader and finally the Store Team Leader. Afterwards the Team Leader came back and offered me the position. It was very painless from start to finish. Do your homework before your interview they expect you to research and know at least a little about the company. All of the information can be easily found on their website and they also send you a link in and email after you apply.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do after Whole Foods?   1 Answer