Whole Foods Market Front End Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.2

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Filled out application online. I received a call about three weeks afterwards and came in for essentially three interviews in one. I arrived ten minutes early and waited in the cafe. I first spoke with the Associate Team Leader then the Team Leader and finally the Store Team Leader. Afterwards the Team Leader came back and offered me the position. It was very painless from start to finish. Do your homework before your interview they expect you to research and know at least a little about the company. All of the information can be easily found on their website and they also send you a link in and email after you apply.

Interview Questions
  • What do you want to do after Whole Foods?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

The people were extremely friendly and I immediately felt very welcomed. The interview was very organized and structured so it made it go by really quickly. The employer basically asked a number of scenario questions to get a feel of how you would respond in possible situations. Really great interview and experience. I grew to love their brand even more.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't feel that any of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2015.

I applied online and got an email about a month later with info about hour and pay with a couple follow up application questions (very basic/generic). I answered the questions, emailed back, and got a call a couple days later to set up an interview. I went to the interview the next day and it was very relaxed. It was just in the cafe area I sat down with the associate team leader who just asked me some questions about myself and what I know about the company, gave me an opportunity to ask questions (which I did). After this the ATL went and got the associate store leader for the second part of my interview. She asked a couple of the same questions and then explained to me some of the next steps. I got offered the position on the spot!

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

One phone interview to start and then two in person interviews a week a part. Second interviewer seemed less engaged, just interviewing as a formality. After the second interview it took a few weeks to finally hear back. I was offered the job, and came back in for another meeting about this.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Asked about any relevant work experience, and how I would handle various situation that could arise.   Answer Question
    There wasn't room to negotiate on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I got an initial call about a week after I applied. Was hired right after the interview and offered a Full-Time position. You do about a week of training (watching videos, going over job expectations, exc.), and after that you work as a bagger and do carts (go through the parking lot and round up the stray carts and put them away) for 2-4 months. After that point, you shadow a cashier for about 2 weeks and then you get your own till to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

2 interviews panel style asked about skills and familiarity of products asked about familiarity of company if you are a customer and favorite products also asked about familiarity of green lifestyle organic products what organic and clean products meant to you and how you value organic and natural products

Interview Questions
    short got desired salary but was expected to perform at a high level

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Applied online, was called a few days later for an initial screening interview, then invited to a one-on-one interview at the store. Took five minutes but was not offered the position

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I had to do a group interview with about 20 other people. We had to do a skit about their core value: satisfy, nourish, and delight the customer. We had to do a commercial about a core value (we got to choose). I got called back for a second interview that following Monday. They sent a girl who was a cashier out to interview me because the ATL was not available. I figured the girl would just ask me questions until the ATL became available, however, she left and came back and said we will call you to reschedule an interview with the ATL. We don't know if we can work with your hours ( I have a full-time 9-5) job elsewhere. I just found it to be very disorganized.

Update: Received a call; they made me an offer; they called back a few days later to request another round of interviews. Interviewed with a few more people. Made me another offer, and I signed the paperwork.

They start everyone out at 11.00/hour

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interviewed by a panel of people. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one core value you would take out if you had to?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bryn Mawr, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

The process was very simple. I applied online, and within two days I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview.

The interview process was very quick. They asked me about my prior experience as a cashier, have I ever shopped at Whole Foods before, and my experience in that particular neighborhood. Since my job prior to this one was incredibly similar, most of the questions were easy for me to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked why I wanted to work there. It is a straight forward question, but often times the delivery of the answer can determine whether or not you receive an offer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on my part. They offered me more per hour compared to my last job.