Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Plantation, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – I handed in a written application. I was called back within a week to meet one of the store team leads. The interview itself was very informal. We met in the store's cafe area and after an interview that lasted no more than 15-20 minutes, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. The main question that sealed the deal them on me was why I wanted to work for Whole Foods. They ate up that I did my research and new about the company. They are really looking for people who know about the store and their practices and who seem to be impressed by it.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2010.

Interview Details – Walked into the location that I wanted to work at. Asked to speak with the store manager and, handed my resume in. Few days later the front end team leader contacted me by phone to set up interview. Within that week I did a one on one interview and, accepted the position. Wage was determined in interview

Interview Question – What animal would you be? WFM (in this area anyway) is known to ask quirky questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – you can negotiate but, keep in mind what the market is at the time and what your position entails.

Fremont, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2013.

Interview Details – It was a typical customer service interview.

Interview Question – Whats the difference between satisfying and delighting a customer?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details – They called me first, then I drove over for the interview. The interview is conducted sitting in the booths at the front end of the store. This can be very nerve-wracking if you were hoping for a quiet, distraction-free interview environment, but perhaps they're trying to assess your ability to handle the activity of the store. If that interview is successful, they'll call you a few days to a week later to interview with the next-higher-up manager. If this is successful, they'll usually offer you the job on the spot, or tell you that they wish to hire you but you must first interview with the store manager.

Interview Question – "When have you ever had to deal with an uncomfortable situation on the job and how did you handle it?" I was frank and told them about a harassment incident and the store manager seemed impressed with how I handled things, so don't be afraid to give a real example. Or you could just fabricate, it's not like they will call your old boss and say "Hey did you really scream at/punch/stalk/steal from XX employee four years ago?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided to take a work-study job instead. The traffic to the Whole Foods store was abhorrent, and I was told by two different friends who work there that WF will write you up for being late even if they schedule you to be there during the worst rush-hour times when traffic is at a standstill.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was first called by someone who asked me a few basic questions (Why do you want to work here?) The person the asked if I could come in for an in person interview in the next hour. I agreed. When I got there I was interviewd by the store team leader and a supervisor. It was more of a conversation than a interview. I felt very much in control. After about 5 mins they told me the starting pay, and asked me to fill out some paperwork. I was called about a week later to start my training.

Interview Questions

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked how much I know about WFM and about core values. Make sure you know them well and refer to them. Also customer service experience is important.

Interview Questions

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!