Whole Foods Market Front End Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online then went into the store to talk to customer service. They essentially told me they wanted to make sure I was personable. Typical for customer service. They offered me an interview for the next day. After that, a few weeks passed and I had a second interview where a supervisor asked maybe 3 questions and got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Front End Team Member Interview

Interview

phone call to come in and then they brought me and three others in very fast interview. training started two weeks after with other employees in different departments watched videos and got straight to the point.

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Plantation, FL).

Interview

I handed in a written application. I was called back within a week to meet one of the store team leads. The interview itself was very informal. We met in the store's cafe area and after an interview that lasted no more than 15-20 minutes, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. The main question that sealed the deal them on me was why I wanted to work for Whole Foods. They ate up that I did my research and new about the company. They are really looking for people who know about the store and their practices and who seem to be impressed by it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Jackson, MS) in November 2013.

Interview

The group interview was so much fun! We were divided into groups and chose topics to perform a "skit". I had read the other Interview Process reviews and was prepared for being in front of the group! It was very helpful!!!

Interview Questions

• When the group interview was passed, an individual interview was arranged. I was asked why I wanted to work for Whole Foods.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Fremont, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a typical customer service interview.

Interview Questions

• Whats the difference between satisfying and delighting a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

They called me first, then I drove over for the interview. The interview is conducted sitting in the booths at the front end of the store. This can be very nerve-wracking if you were hoping for a quiet, distraction-free interview environment, but perhaps they're trying to assess your ability to handle the activity of the store. If that interview is successful, they'll call you a few days to a week later to interview with the next-higher-up manager. If this is successful, they'll usually offer you the job on the spot, or tell you that they wish to hire you but you must first interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• "When have you ever had to deal with an uncomfortable situation on the job and how did you handle it?" I was frank and told them about a harassment incident and the store manager seemed impressed with how I handled things, so don't be afraid to give a real example. Or you could just fabricate, it's not like they will call your old boss and say "Hey did you really scream at/punch/stalk/steal from XX employee four years ago?"   Answer Question

I decided to take a work-study job instead. The traffic to the Whole Foods store was abhorrent, and I was told by two different friends who work there that WF will write you up for being late even if they schedule you to be there during the worst rush-hour times when traffic is at a standstill.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Boulder, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a then-current Front End Team Supervisor. I had a single interview with the Team Leader, then got the position. It was my second time applying for a Whole Foods Market position.

Interview Questions

• What inspired you to want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Meet with a store assistant team leader then with a Front End Team Leader and was hired pending background check. Took 15 - 20 min's total. The Background check took more than 2 weeks and was inconclusive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for WFM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I was first called by someone who asked me a few basic questions (Why do you want to work here?) The person the asked if I could come in for an in person interview in the next hour. I agreed. When I got there I was interviewd by the store team leader and a supervisor. It was more of a conversation than a interview. I felt very much in control. After about 5 mins they told me the starting pay, and asked me to fill out some paperwork. I was called about a week later to start my training.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whole Foods Market (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Walked into the location that I wanted to work at. Asked to speak with the store manager and, handed my resume in. Few days later the front end team leader contacted me by phone to set up interview. Within that week I did a one on one interview and, accepted the position. Wage was determined in interview

Interview Questions

• What animal would you be? WFM (in this area anyway) is known to ask quirky questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

you can negotiate but, keep in mind what the market is at the time and what your position entails.